🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Best of 2015 Pt. 4

At long last, the conclusion of the Best of Comedy Bang! Bang! 2015 countdown with special co-host Paul F. Tompkins is here with your Top 3 episodes of the entire year. Thanks for listening and Happy New Year!

• Like 1

Best catchphrase of the whole Best-Ofs! I'm commenting after only hearing the catchphrase so please forgive my post's lack of substance. I'll edit this later with a sincere and heartfelt comment about how fucking sad I was and still am about Harris.

The episode was playing while I typed this so I have to add, at about 3 minutes in: Scott and Paul's banter is legendary. I haven't laughed this hard at two dudes talking since my cousin argued with my uncle about Trump at Thanksgiving. Saves it! It's good now.

First Edit: I can't believe I said their banter is legendary before listening past ~3 minutes. It just gets better. This is CBB at its finest, and I haven't even heard the clips yet.

Second Edit, 5:32AM on New Year's Day: I had a great night, if anyone's wondering. I really don't have much else to say but the point below about Scott and Paul having some kind of spin-off podcast where they just talk about shit is a great idea. Maybe it's just me, but for me I'd listen to that every week fur shur.

Also, I'm not sure if you'll see this but this is aimed directly at you Scott Aukerman: I sincerely thank you for another year of top-shelf content. Your sensibility as a comedian and as a host is pitch-perfect, and you always seem to exude joy while you bring out the best in your guests. It's bizarre to me that before 2013 (yes, I'm a relatively late-comer to this party) I only knew you as the taint guy from Mr. Show, and now I really can't imagine my own concept of comedy without your voice. Almost immediately when I started listening, you seemed more like an old friend who shares my sense of humor rather than some random host guy. I'm so grateful for everything Comedy Bang Bang has added to my life, and that might sound like some sappy exaggeration but it's not at all. Never doubt that there are many, many fans who appreciate everything you do and recognize that you're one of the best in the biz, because you are and we do.

• Like 9

Credit goes to jaymanthegreat, not to me, for the catchphrase:

http://forum.earwolf...__fromsearch__1

I replied with a throw-away joke because I liked jayman's catchphrase, and Scotty Auks mixed up which of us was the original poster.

Plus, we all know that none of mine will get through.

Although... Scott, they are right here if you like:

http://forum.earwolf.com/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=user_activity&search_app=forums&mid=104370&sid=034ca2c233338b585e7a4c5fb80f9e4b&search_app_filters[forums][searchInKey]=&userMode=title

just saying

• Like 7

In honor of Scott and Paul, from now on whenever someone redundantly reprises an already-overdiscussed topic, I will accuse them of "beating Dick Francis".

• Like 9

2015 will go down in the anals of history as the year that I, cashmoneykatrillionaire, got into Comedy Bang! Bang!, and for that, I thank it.

• Like 2

I was fully prepared to be sad again, but F&P4 had me laughing like a maniac (again).

• Like 4

Oh man, I forgot that the case the kid detectives were investigating was their mom's murder.

Harris's Les Moonves sounded a lot like Robert DeNiro - "I want those dollahs."

Really glad that Heynong Man won. I can understand why people voted for NF&P4, but I agree with Scott about it being weird because it's like a whole separate thing.

• Like 3

Yeah, once you heard Harris' last episode at #2, by process of elimination, you had a pretty good idea of what #1 was.

Can we get a "Look It Up Paully" segment on the regular? Just PFT asking Siri questions.

• Like 8

Ok serious request: can we have a Scotty and PFT spinoff podcast where they just analyze the shitty toys of their youths? The Mr Microphone bit and the toy they talked about this year were a few of my favourite bits of banter (and that says a lot because their interactions are gold all the time!)

• Like 8

Best catchphrase of the whole Best-Ofs! I'm commenting after only hearing the catchphrase so please forgive my post's lack of substance. I'll edit this later with a sincere and heartfelt comment about how fucking sad I was and still am about Harris.

The episode was playing while I typed this so I have to add, at about 3 minutes in: Scott and Paul's banter is legendary. I haven't laughed this hard at two dudes talking since my cousin argued with my uncle about Trump at Thanksgiving. Saves it! It's good now.

First Edit: I can't believe I said their banter is legendary before listening past ~3 minutes. It just gets better. This is CBB at its finest, and I haven't even heard the clips yet.

Do we know if they recorded all of the Best Ofs in one stretch? I feel they dive deeper into insanity with each Best Of episode, and by this one, they were just bonkers. And it was wonderful.

Harris's Les Moonves sounded a lot like Robert DeNiro - "I want those dollahs."

Really glad that Heynong Man won. I can understand why people voted for NF&P4, but I agree with Scott about it being weird because it's like a whole separate thing.

I hadn't listened to that episode since it was first released because I thought it would bum me out (even though I voted for it). I had totally forgotten about the whole theater blowjob story, and it totally cracked me up again. The way everything unfolds with that story is so perfect.

• Like 2

Do we know if they recorded all of the Best Ofs in one stretch? I feel they dive deeper into insanity with each Best Of episode, and by this one, they were just bonkers. And it was wonderful.

Yes. When they called Jason Heynongmantzoukas, they mentioned they were five hours into the recording, and it was confirmed on Twitter that this was one long, delirious session.

• Like 9

I hadn't listened to that episode since it was first released because I thought it would bum me out (even though I voted for it). I had totally forgotten about the whole theater blowjob story, and it totally cracked me up again. The way everything unfolds with that story is so perfect.

Yeah, I vaguely remembered the story once he went into it, but had forgotten the whole aspect of the girl being dead and the related stories, which is such a weird coincidence. (Also, Scott saying something like "But what about the friend? Cuz it sounds like she's down to clown!" was amazing.)

• Like 1

Where is Time Bobby 4?!

Also... Cake dish (cake dish) never fails to make me laugh.

Great year for CBB!

People I hope we see more of in 2016: Thomas Middleditch, Bobby Moynihan, Claudia O'Doherty, John Gemberling, Fran Gillespie, Adam Pally, Mike O'Brien, Zach Woods...

How has Ron Funches never been on the show?

• Like 6

Seriously, these episodes have been such a delight. And even though it wasn't really a surprise, the way Scott revealed the #1 was super adorable. Good voting, everybody, and huge thanks to PFT and Choctaw for making it happen.

Also Auld Lang Syne made me tear up and then laugh out loud. Make a pizza.

• Like 1

Great Ep! I liked when Scott thanked those who did not vote, because I did not. Maybe there will be a Paul F. Tompkins horse detective character in the future?