🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Best of 2015 Pt. 4

Guys, regardless of his species, I think Dick Francis is talkin' U2 to us!

thedge_zpsf44jm7qj.png

• Like 15

I missed "E.T. no homo", but it was still a great best of. Congratulations to the winners, and a big thanks to Scott and Paul! Auld Lang Syne with the jizz finish was beautiful

I for one would truly enjoy a shot-for-shot remake of the Mister Microphone commercial starring Scott and Paul and all of the CBB regulars. Jizz.

• Like 6

Wow, Thomas Middleditch makes his CBB debut this year, and made the Best Of for each one of his appearances. All well deserved too - Silicon Valley P-cast was my personal favorite of the year, but I forgot how great Kid Detectives was.

• Like 2

Still waiting for that Talkin' 'Tang podcast pilot!!

That bit from Not Farts & Pro where Harris talks about his 8th grade movie theatre blowjob would have made a great Talkin' 'Tang ep.

• Like 1

2015 will go down in the anals of history as the year that I, cashmoneykatrillionaire, got into Comedy Bang! Bang!, and for that, I thank it.

The whats of history? Did I miss one of the bits on the show?

• Like 3

I had Big Trak when it came out, but I'm a few years younger than Scott and Paul, so I was just amazed that it did anything at all.

BigTrak.jpg

Also, there was nothing gadgety to play with back then. Nothing.

The next closest things I had were a gyroscope, and an AM radio about the size of 5 iphones stacked on top of each other.

• Like 1

I had forgotten how much came out of Heynong Man. There's the titular phrase. There's "Big ups to people of all stars and stripes." And this is where "The Widow Kulap" started.

It's such a silly and fun episode. And the call beforehand as so wonderful. These three dudes have such a good time together, and I can never get enough of them.

(Also, Jason's "Is this what you wanted?" to Scott is one of the most perfect things ever)

• Like 7

I love Jason's confusion because he hadn't heard the earlier conversation. The ending song made me burst out laughing!

(Also, Jason's "Is this what you wanted?" to Scott is one of the most perfect things ever)

That has to be the best under-the-radar joke of the year, no?

I remember there was one other quick, never-mentioned-again joke this year that could compete, but I'm racking my brains trying to think of it. I want to say it was by Brett Gelman...?

• Like 1

That has to be the best under-the-radar joke of the year, no?

I remember there was one other quick, never-mentioned-again joke this year that could compete, but I'm racking my brains trying to think of it. I want to say it was by Brett Gelman...?

Jeselnik saying "you gotta try their earlier stuff" or something like that

• Like 3

I'm shocked we didn't see any Bitts, Riffs, and Friendships, or The Beatles of Cults.

Still, a fantastic end to a truly fantastic year.

• Like 1

Bitts, Riffs and Friendships was my clear number one.

This year I hope to hear more from Claudia O'Doherty, Brett Gelman and Tim Heidecker. Love whenever Scott has to play annoyed straight man.

• Like 1

A fantastic year of CBB, but I sorely missed James Adomian in 2015. After being a huge part of the previous few years, he was severely underrepresented in comparison. My one wish for 2016 is for more Tom Leykis, Paul Giamatti, Jesse Ventura and Merrill Shindler!

• Like 5

A fantastic year of CBB, but I sorely missed James Adomian in 2015. After being a huge part of the previous few years, he was severely underrepresented in comparison. My one wish for 2016 is for more Tom Leykis, Paul Giamatti, Jesse Ventura and Merrill Shindler!

I'm sure Scott would love to have Adomian on more often, but James has consciously decided to do fewer podcasts, instead focusing on touring and other paying gigs.

Yesterday I walked past an ad for Sesame Street on HBO and burst out laughing in the middle of the sidewalk like a crazy person. So thanks for that, guys.

• Like 6

I loved Kid Detectives. A lot. But does no one else remember that Amy Poehler and Seth Meyers did a sketch very much like it on their first season of SNL? Also a brother and sister who solve mysteries, also getting involved in a grisly murder case. http://snltranscripts.jt.org/01/01dbookie.phtml

Now, of course I am not accusing anyone of theft or plagiarism. Even if Lauren or Thomas did see the sketch 14 years ago, I doubt they deliberately copied it. No, I think they just had similar inspiration and it resulted in similar, though not identical, execution. Still, I'm surprised no one else remembered the SNL sketch here on this message board. I can't be the dorkiest SNL geek here, can I? I kept expecting Scott to mention it on the Best Of, a la the Launchpad/Scrooge distinction.

I love how Jason clearly said "hang on man" as well

• Like 2

I don't have much to add other than I'm really glad to hear Heynong Man was #1. I usually don't have vivid memories from podcasts, but I remember listening to that episode while walking around Yangon the first time I ever visited Myanmar. I was trying so hard to suppress the laughter that was boiling up continuously, and every now and then a nice chortle would release itself. A lot of locals were looking at me like, "Who is this crazy foreigner walking around in the rain giggling to himself?" It really couldn't have been a better experience.

• Like 4

Credit goes to jaymanthegreat, not to me, for the catchphrase:

http://forum.earwolf...__fromsearch__1

I replied with a throw-away joke because I liked jayman's catchphrase, and Scotty Auks mixed up which of us was the original poster.

Plus, we all know that none of mine will get through.

Although... Scott, they are right here if you like:

http://forum.earwolf.com/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=user_activity&search_app=forums&mid=104370&sid=034ca2c233338b585e7a4c5fb80f9e4b&search_app_filters[forums][searchInKey]=&userMode=title

just saying

Thank you, sir! It was my first of the year.