🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Best of 2015 Pt. 4

Can we get a "Look It Up Paully" segment on the regular? Just PFT asking Siri questions.

My wife has read all one bajillion of the Dick Francis novels so i was especially tickled with "Hey Siri, is Dick Francis a horse?"

she thinks most of cbb is downright silly (which is why i love it, obvs) -- but she really enjoyed that horse detective novels were brought up in the first place.

after six years i may have finally convinced her to listen to the podcast... now if i can only get her to listen to meeee...

• Like 2

My wife has read all one bajillion of the Dick Francis novels so i was especially tickled with "Hey Siri, is Dick Francis a horse?"

she thinks most of cbb is downright silly (which is why i love it, obvs) -- but she really enjoyed that horse detective novels were brought up in the first place.

after six years i may have finally convinced her to listen to the podcast... now if i can only get her to listen to meeee...

I didn't even know who Dick Francis was until this episode, but that whole bit killed me, especially when they asked Jason about it, completely apropos of nothing.

I decided to stop by the thread to see if anyone was still laughing about/talking about the whole Dick Francis/Mr. Microphone portion of ep 4. That whole giddy nutty portion, with the singing and the asking Siri about Dick Francis is just the best.

• Like 1

I usually don't have vivid memories from podcasts

It's funny you say that because I'm the exact opposite. When I hear the best of clips I instantly remember the stretch of road I was on when a certain bit cracked me up. Goes all the way back to when I first started listening 4 years ago.

One moment that really sticks out to me was listening to WTF on the treadmill at the gym, and it was an episode with a former Onion writer who attempted suicide and he told his story. I was basically sobbing by the end of it. Must have looked weird as hell.

This ends my super interesting off topic post.

• Like 1