🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
GiveMeYourBaby

Evolution (2001)

4a86afad52573d7fee6b441db6196e84.jpg

There is so much to talk about in this movie. It has perhaps the stupidest deus ex machina in the history of film. Julianne Moore is reduced to a sex object. Pervasive racism. Most of the movie makes absolutely no sense. Reitman was trying to replicate the success of Ghostbusters and failed. I actually liked this film when it came out. It's on HBOGo. Check it out for some great bad movie masochism.

All I can remember is how flat all the humor fell. This was everyone's "fuck you, I'm off to better things!" movie. Duchovny leaving X-files for movies. Orlando Jones leaving MAD Tv for movies (what the hell happened to him?). Stifler's attempt to be someone other than Stifler. We all know how that worked out.

It's like that old proverb:

Everything that made David Duchovny great in the X-Files made him terrible in everything else.

• Like 1

All I can remember is how flat all the humor fell. This was everyone's "fuck you, I'm off to better things!" movie. Duchovny leaving X-files for movies. Orlando Jones leaving MAD Tv for movies (what the hell happened to him?). Stifler's attempt to be someone other than Stifler. We all know how that worked out.

It's like that old proverb:

Everything that made David Duchovny great in the X-Files made him terrible in everything else.

Duchovny also directed a fairly awful movie called House of D. He was fantastic in his brief cameo in Zoolander though.

I love Sean William Scott, he was beyond great in Goon. The fact that he's sandbagged his own career by calling out his own terrible movies in interviews just endears him to me even more.

This movie is fucking awful though, the writing, the charisma-less romance Duchovny and Julianne Moore (in what was clearly designed as a stand in role for Scully.)

And even when I was kid I remember watching the ending to this movie and thinking "gross"

This movie is absolutely absurd. It has a weird combo of dry jokes and sexism, but is somehow still enjoyable... Eventually.

I saw this twice in the theaters and I remember liking it at the time, as a dumb but enjoyable movie, but I'm sure it hasn't aged well. At the very least I got a year of referencing Orlando Jones's answer for what flavor of ice cream he wants.

On 1/6/2016 at 11:00 AM, Ofcoursemyhorse said:

Duchovny also directed a fairly awful movie called House of D. He was fantastic in his brief cameo in Zoolander though.

I love Sean William Scott, he was beyond great in Goon. The fact that he's sandbagged his own career by calling out his own terrible movies in interviews just endears him to me even more.

This movie is fucking awful though, the writing, the charisma-less romance Duchovny and Julianne Moore (in what was clearly designed as a stand in role for Scully.)

And even when I was kid I remember watching the ending to this movie and thinking "gross"

And now you have “The Secret” to add to that list.

I bought this on DVD when it came out. Yeah I paid full price and probably haven't watched it in 10 years. If I remember correctly, Orlando Jones is screaming the whole movie.

Sign in to follow this