🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
ElieB

Most annoying Screaming, helpless bystanders in movies

I wanted to start a thread about the worst, most irritating and movie-ruining characters in film history. Those characters in films which are simply there to panic and yell and demonstrate absolutely no survival instincts while they bust your ear drums. Here are the ones I can think of

Helpless Female shrills:

Tea Leonie - Jurassi Park 3, non-stop yelling with zero situationnal awareness.

Kate Capshaw - Indiana Jones Temple of Doom, Anything goes but mostly just screaming indefinitely

Dakota Fanning - War of the Worlds, literally just there to be helpless and afraid and loud.

Helpless Male shrills:

Harvey Fierstein - Independence day. "DAVIIDDDDDDD"

Chunk /jeff whatever - Goonies. "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

Bill Paxton - Aliens "It's game over man! It's game over!"

Disclaimer, this thread might be kinda sexist. I tried to add male candidates but those guys are all funny and endearing cause they're such sissies, and they tend to have actual lines. Where as the female parts are typically just women shouting at the top of their lungs for prolongued scenes, which just makes my fucking skin crawl.

13447389.gif

Do the people at the end of "Man of Steel" count? I'm talking specifically about the two or three extras that are seemingly pinned down by Zod's laser vision at the train station or wherever they are. They have plenty of room to get around, as they could have simply ducked down and gone under it since Zod is unable to move his head, but instead they act like idiots and basically FORCE Superman to take a life.

here ya go.. Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zf8aBFTVNEU

Personally it's

that gets me every time when someone gets shoot in a war movie and you get that full on ringing tune as they slowly die and fall to the ground. is over used in a lot in
and tv programs, one that comes to mind is breaking bad pilot episode when walter is getting the news from his doctor. he that blacking out moment and they use that sound effect. this problem has stopped me from ever going to a movie theater again in mylife. and have to turn the audio off on scenes that have that loud annoying ringing in them at home. Most movie makers and sound engineers could very easily use less annoying sound effects that don't drive us crazy that still illustrate the point that someone has been shot.

I think after Tea Leoni worked with Nic Cage in The Family Man she absorbed his acting style, which is clearly evident in JP3 and Spanglish. I wanted both kids to be killed in War of the Worlds, talk about two insufferable pricks that didn't need to breathe a second longer.

My list would include:

Yeardley Smith in Maximum Overdrive - "CCCCCUUURRRRTIIISSSS"

Vanessa Lee Chester in Lost World: Jurassic Park - completely worthless daughter of Ian Malcolm

The kids that get stuck in Jaws 2

Wendy Torrance in The Shining

Robin in Batman Forever, and especially Batman & Robin

Ruby Rhod in The Fifth Element

Bella Swan in the Twilight Saga

Jill Sadelstein in Jack and Jill

Nicky in Little Nicky

Pauly Shore in Son-in-Law

Guru Maurice Pitka in The Love Guru

Willy Wonka in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

Leo Getz in Lethal Weapon 2 through 4

Sam Witwicky in the Transformers trilogy

Anakin Skywalker in the Star Wars prequels

here ya go.. Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zf8aBFTVNEU

Woooww I knew about the Wilhelm scream but had no idea it was that widely used... Can't unhear! I'll be laughing inappropriately every time I hear it now. 65 years of re-using the same shitty stock sound effect, whyyyy hollywood!?

Haha good nominations so far. Some of my favorites so far are Wendy in the shining and Ruby Rhod in 5th element, hahaha Ruby is perhaps a thread ender. God he was irritating.

Haven't seen Blair Witch since i was a kid, think that just saved me the hassle of revisiting it.

Looking forward to updating this thread with new finds over time.

I know she's kind of the star, but Nancy drove me NUTS with her yelling in Nightmare on Elm Street.

I'll second Kate Capshaw in "Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom."

Has anyone seen "Creepshow 2"? There is a woman in "The Raft" sequence who screams "Randy! Randy!" in the most annoying way.

Has anyone seen "Creepshow 2"? There is a woman in "The Raft" sequence who screams "Randy! Randy!" in the most annoying way.

Yeah couldn't wait for that girl to get eaten by the oil slick.

• Like 1

Robin in Batman Forever, and especially Batman & Robin

No, no have to disagree with you there. Most annoying screamer in Batman Forever is the guard Two-Face traps in the safe at the beginning.''WOOOOOOOO WOOOOOO IT'S ACID. WHAT IS THAT?'

• Like 1

No, no have to disagree with you there. Most annoying screamer in Batman Forever is the guard Two-Face traps in the safe at the beginning.''WOOOOOOOO WOOOOOO IT'S ACID. WHAT IS THAT?'

That guard was also one of the very first signs that got me thinking "Oooohhhhh, so THAT'S the kind of world we're going to be in now...".

Sign in to follow this