๐Ÿ”’ The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ร—
Sign in to follow this  
geneparmesan

June in The Disaster Artist??

Over on the The Disaster Artist facebook page they posted a photo of everyone in the film and maybe I'm wrong, but I swear that's June in the lower right corner playing Robyn Paris. On IMDB they list Kate Upton as playing Paris, but June seems like a way better fit.

ย 

75566_1024781410893228_2665231482605386256_n.jpg?oh=a65d5f9d8863a6959d1f9787336b33a2&oe=571CE8D9

• Like 1

Wow they got Oscar nominee Jackie Weaver to play the mom and Zac Efron to play Chris-R. Looking at the rest of the cast this could either be an amazing behind the scenes movie or a great disaster in itself. I honestly can't wait to hear Josh Hutcherson as Denny, though I'm not yet sold on Franco as Wiseau.

• Like 1

Wow they got Oscar nominee Jackie Weaver to play the mom and Zac Efron to play Chris-R. Looking at the rest of the cast this could either be an amazing behind the scenes movie or a great disaster in itself. I honestly can't wait to hear Josh Hutcherson as Denny, though I'm not yet sold on Franco as Wiseau.

ย 

I was thinking the same thing and my version of this film would of been to cast John Malkovich as Tony Wiseau but he's too old now. Mind you, I so hope they have audition tapes of other actors that got to be up for the role as Tony Wiseau. I really just want to hear other actors screaming You're tearing me apart lisa! that and "Hello doggie take one! " I could watch those all day long. Kind of like the shocking star wars audition tapes with Kurt Russell

ย 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79XY3d6-tiY

ย 

did he just say she's part of the royal family, good god.

To be fair, no one really knows what Wiseau's age is so Malkovich is a possibility.

• Like 1

And Jason"heynongman"tzoukas is playing Peter

And Jason"heynongman"tzoukas is playing Peter

I think that Peter is just someone that Greg Sestero and Tommy Wiseau were involved with during the production since Nathan Fielder is playing Kyle Vogt. Also Paul is playing someone named Raphael in the movie, so the entire HDTGM crew as at least some hand in this movie. In fact, this movie is made up of a few more HDTGM All Stars it's insane as Randall Park and Casey Wilson are both in this as well. Can't wait for this movie to come out.

• Like 1

Well HDTGM gave Evan Goldberg (one of the producers, duh) a reason to watch "Deep Blue Sea" again and discuss it at length, so he probably though the owed them... ;)

• Like 2

Well HDTGM gave Evan Goldberg (one of the producers, duh) a reason to watch "Deep Blue Sea" again and discuss it at length, so he probably though the owed them... ;)

Well and they did sorta have a great episode with Greg Sestero when they covered The Room.

• Like 1

did anyone see the collider article where james franco said about tommy wiseau

ย 

"Tommy was involved; contractually we had to give him a cameo opposite me, which was very weird because I was playing him"

ย 

contractually ... gotta love tommy

ย 

im really interested in seeing this ... could be alot of fun.

ย 

(and of course jason, june and paul are in it)

• Like 1

The whole gang is in this movie.

I think that Peter is just someone that Greg Sestero and Tommy Wiseau were involved with during the production since Nathan Fielder is playing Kyle Vogt. Also Paul is playing someone named Raphael in the movie, so the entire HDTGM crew as at least some hand in this movie. In fact, this movie is made up of a few more HDTGM All Stars it's insane as Randall Park and Casey Wilson are both in this as well. Can't wait for this movie to come out.

I'm finally getting around to reading "The Disaster Artist" which oddly makes me feel really sorry for Tommy Wiseau. Paul is playing "Raphael Smadja" a cinematographer who worked on "The Room" but later quit out of frustration. The book describes him building a kind of tent in what would be called video village so he could laugh at the takes without being seen. I can totally see Paul doing the giggling.

ย 

I think the Peter that Jason is playing is probably the Peter who works for the camera company. Since Wiseau bought his equipment outright, instead of renting it like productions normally do, they let him film in their parking lot in San Francisco (this is where the famous green screen roof is). Peter seems to be the go-between for the actual owners of the place and the production. At one point in the book he has to tell Wiseau that they gotta get that weird rooftop set out of the parking lot. (The goal seemed to be to keep the production afloat for 30 days--so he couldn't return all the stuff he bought--but eventually they get really fed up with it.)

ย 

Or it could be some other Peter. I'm not sure.

ย 

ETA: NM. Paul totally just answered who he is playing in "Ask Paul." My research is useless.

Yeah it's been a while since I've read the book, I'm sure I'll do it again before the movie comes out, but what I remember was how creepy the relationship between Tommy and Greg got as they got closer to finally making the movie. I wonder how the movie will be played (as a straight comedy or a dark comedy/dramedy), but I will definitely be seeing it as soon as it comes out.

I can't fucking wait for this movie to come out. I actually caused a girlfriend to break up with me because I put The Room on as a joke, and not long after, we broke up because I was always "Pulling stupid tricks and laughing at her".

ย 

Before you start calling me an asshole, she did once complain that he underpants were going up her ass, I said "Isn't that what thongs do?" she said "I'm not wearing a thong", to which I replied "You got dressed in front of me, I'm pretty sure you are", she shifted around said "Oh... I've done it again!" this dumb bitch put the wrong underwear on on more than one occasion!

ย 

Also, she thought Colonel Sanders name was "Ken Tucky", so that's what I was dealing with.

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this