🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

Episode 115 — Improving Brett's House with DC Pierson

Umm, was anyone else really pissed when Hayes said Bun B is from Atlanta? Bun B is from Houston. He's famously a fan of the Houston Rockets. I guess they didnt cover this in the advanced sabermetrics course.

On a more serious note, this is a great episode but it certainly brings to light some inherent issues of comedy. Brett did really good and was very funny throughout even though he has no idea whats going on. And that's the problem. As far as we all can tell, and you can never really know, Brett is a mentally disabled person. At the very least I can safely assume what he perceives as reality is just a series of overlaying acid trip flashbacks, making him insane. At times I feel guilty and wonder if I'm listening to the show wrong because I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be laughing at him. I guess if Brett is okay with it and is having fun then we can't really call it exploitation, but part of it makes me sad. I'm sure some of you will take the, "oh it don't hurt him none, look at that smile on his face," type of stance. I just hope they don't try to pay him in something he'd easily be fooled into believing was money, like a wet plastic bag.

Anyway, I can't wait for Sean to get back and this show can continue it's hot streak.

yah Kev it's like that fat child Andy Millionakis or that guy who's friends with Tim & Eric, David Leebe Heart, and it's like they actually respect each other and they all agree it's comedy, so it's cool to laugh at them

• Like 10

Brett seemed confused about the nature of reality, likely an effect from the time he read the book "The Truman Show"

• Like 4

I think we may be headed towards a big reveal that Earwolf engineers are actually a family of un-frozen Cave-People.

• Like 11

real talk: I could listen to Brett pretend(?) to be a dumb guy and get gently dressed down for like a full fuckin day. it's genuinely wonderful

Same. This was fucking delightful, though I agree that Sean's mic needed to be turned up.

• Like 14

Dear Diary,

This morning when I woke up face down in a pile of pita chip crumbs to the sour smell of the cup of spoiled orange juice on my nightstand, I felt Very Bad. #EpicFail! :unsure: Fortunately, there is new Hollywood Handbook today! When I remembered that, I felt Happy.

You know something, Diary? DC Pierson has an incredibly sharp and specific type of phrasing and it caught me off guard and cracked me up several times this episode. I mean... to say something like, "a Jackson Pollock of different flavors of Jolly Rancher" or "I think you were agnostic about whether or not you were inside a TV right now" AND to have come up with it in the moment? On the fly? That is an uncommon and admirable skill, in my opinion.

Brett is a seriously incredibly good improviser!! He somehow manages to make perfect sense of every bizarre idea thrown at him. When I hear Brett do improv, I feel Impressed.

This is a huge secret, Diary, but I really miss Sean! Hayes is so wonderful, don't get me wrong. His talent for pinpointing and facilitating the development of those easily-overlooked moments with huge comedic potential that would go unnoticed by 90% of comedians is what really makes this show so unique. But still. I miss Sean! I hope next week he comes back. When I think about how long it's been since I've heard Sean on Hollywood Handbook, I feel Super Sad.

PS- Diary, I knew that thing about Bun B because in a remix of the Beyonce song "***Flawless", there is one easily missed line where she mentions she is "Texas forever like Bun B" and even though I still don't actually know who Bun B is, I can pretend I actually know what I'm talking about here! Hurray! Also, this is the third unrelated time this week I have heard someone talk about this Bun B person. Is this a sign from The Universe? Probably! I am going to go check my horoscope right now for more guidance.

Love you forever, Diary!!!

xoxoxo, AshLeigh :wub:

• Like 20

Oh baby, that was one good ep! DC and Brett were great. Hayes was hilarious, per usual. I miss Sean. It was nice that they gave us a free preview of HOWL.FMTM premium by not having any ads.

• Like 9

Dear Diary,

This morning when I woke up face down in a pile of pita chip crumbs to the sour smell of the cup of spoiled orange juice on my nightstand, I felt Very Bad. #EpicFail! :unsure:/>/> Fortunately, there is new Hollywood Handbook today! When I remembered that, I felt Happy.

You know something, Diary? DC Pierson has an incredibly sharp and specific type of phrasing and it caught me off guard and cracked me up several times this episode. I mean... to say something like, "a Jackson Pollock of different flavors of Jolly Rancher" or "I think you were agnostic about whether or not you were inside a TV right now" AND to have come up with it in the moment? On the fly? That is an uncommon and admirable skill, in my opinion.

Brett is a seriously incredibly good improviser!! He somehow manages to make perfect sense of every bizarre idea thrown at him. When I hear Brett do improv, I feel Impressed.

This is a huge secret, Diary, but I really miss Sean! Hayes is so wonderful, don't get me wrong. His talent for pinpointing and facilitating the development of those easily-overlooked moments with huge comedic potential that would go unnoticed by 90% of comedians is what really makes this show so unique. But still. I miss Sean! I hope next week he comes back. When I think about how long it's been since I've heard Sean on Hollywood Handbook, I feel Super Sad.

PS- Diary, I knew that thing about Bun B because in a remix of the Beyonce song "***Flawless", there is one easily missed line where she mentions she is "Texas forever like Bun B" and even though I still don't actually know who Bun B is, I can pretend I actually know what I'm talking about here! Hurray! Also, this is the third unrelated time this week I have heard someone talk about this Bun B person. Is this a sign from The Universe? Probably! I am going to go check my horoscope right now for more guidance.

Love you forever, Diary!!!

xoxoxo, AshLeigh :wub:/>/>

iX5iO.gif

• Like 11

anyone else concerned that we might be catching brett about half way through his Flowers for Algernon cycle?

• Like 10

Yeah, strongly agree. Brett is always so funny and quick.

• Like 11

Please don't ask me to be aware of your weird "i'm a character, and given to dumb fuckin weird gender shit also look at me be different to anyone you would actually meet in real life. Also, I AM NOT RE-PROSECUTING HIGH SCHOOL SLIGHTS AS AN ADULT"

I cannot imagine a world in which fuckin anyone has time for dumb fuckin who's awake, who's alive, who's yet to wear out there welcome with the ethnic phone people, type dickheads

• Like 4

Please don't ask me to be aware of your weird "i'm a character, and given to dumb fuckin weird gender shit also look at me be different to anyone you would actually meet in real life. Also, I AM NOT RE-PROSECUTING HIGH SCHOOL SLIGHTS AS AN ADULT"

I cannot imagine a world in which fuckin anyone has time for dumb fuckin who's awake, who's alive, who's yet to wear out there welcome with the ethnic phone people, type dickheads

What does this mean? If Dev doesn't answer can someone please translate for me?

• Like 12

I haven't listened to the ep yet, but I'm going to post anyway because I'm not sure what this forum is about anymore.

POST.

Um, I'm pretty sure it's still about you updating us on fake podcasts and articles we all read already.

Oh, and devscoots indecipherable drunk posts.

#loveisallthereis

#bigSteveHfan

#bigdevscootsfan

#fuckNorm

• Like 9

Now who can argue with that? I think we're all indebted to devscoots for clearly stating what needed to be said. I'm particulary glad that these lovely children were here today to hear that speech. Not only was it authentic forum gibberish, it expressed a courage little seen in this day and age.
  • Like 20

real talk: I could listen to Brett pretend(?) to be a dumb guy and get gently dressed down for like a full fuckin day. it's genuinely wonderful

real talk: I have and will continue to do so for the rest of the day.

• Like 7

@souprman aka ---

What's your favourite Kinks song? Mine's Big Sky or A Well Respected Man :)

• Like 3

@souprman aka ---

What's your favourite Kinks song? Mine's Big Sky or A Well Respected Man :)/>

DM this shit bruh this aint no JGL movie nobody tryna hear about the cool bands u like.

• Like 15