🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

Episode 115 — Improving Brett's House with DC Pierson

Make sure to get a drm chip for that keurig Steve, nothing tasted better than pirated coffee.

• Like 11

Hey Popcorn Gallery, Sean is back from his time away and he brought back Steve Little from Eastbound & Down and The Grinder.

He will answer all of your questions. All of them.

• Like 9

I can't abide a keurig for a family, I just can't. Shaking my damn head. With all the stress of family life don't you deserve a nice cup of coffee? When I was first divorced and facing the sad reality that I was now the only person in the household drinking coffee I made the decision that a Keurig made good economical sense. Surely having a single pod before I went to work would be easier than dealing with brewing a partial pot or even worse WASTING coffee. Let me tell you what, Steve. I suffered through every cup. I had spent like $100 on that thing and I tried to convince myself that it was good. My life wasn't sad. Well let me tell you another thing, Steve. I have a really nice Mr. Coffee and also a Bodum pour over and I grind my own beans from time to time and LIFE IS GOOD. I have another adult in this house who is helping me drink this coffee and it is honestly HEAVEN ON EARTH.

OH SHIT

STEVE

DID YOUR WIFE LEAVE YOU?

My decision to purchase a Keurig was not an easy one. I held out for a long time for reasons of coffee snobbery. I grind my own beans and make coffee in a french press. I like a nice cup of coffee.

I just can't do it anymore. You have to wait for the water to boil - but not even boil, because it shouldn't be boiling. you're supposed to boil and then wait like 30 seconds. but what if I get distracted and forget about it? is the water too cold now? Maybe I fell asleep standing up with my eyes open because I have to wake up at 5:30 in the G-d morning even though I don't have to be at work until 8:30 and I'm still late half the time. How long has the water been not boiling for? SHOULD I START OVER?

then I have to grind the beans. The coffee grinder is so f-ing loud it wakes my damn kid up half the time which really screws up my entire morning. The whole reason I get up at 5:30 is so that hopefully he'll sleep until 6:30 so I have an hour to get ready in peace before he gets up and starts demanding all kinds of crazy things for breakfast that we don't have and changing his mind about what TV show he wants to watch every 5 minutes and having tantrums about everything and not wanting to get dressed or put his shoes on. BUT I HAVE TO GRIND THE COFFEE IN THE MORNING RIGHT? otherwise, it's not freshly ground coffee anymore, is it? Might as well buy the pre-ground shit.

Then you gotta pour the water in there and stir it around for 10 seconds or whatever. THen i have to SET A TIMER ON MY PHONE. for 6 minutes. I used to do it for 3-4 minutes because that's what I read, but then I read somewhere else that you should do it for 7 to 8. THOSE ARE TOTALLY DIFFERENT AMOUNTS OF TIME. which one is right? Why do I have to do all this research just to make 2 cups of coffee? I just chose 6 because it's in the middle but for all I know that could be the worst possible amount of time to let your coffee brew.

Then you push down the dumb plunger thing and pour the coffee into a dumb thermos carafe thingy because you can't just leave it in the french press for too long because it gets bitter. And then sometimes you get grounds in your coffee, like I did today, which was the last straw.

Then I forget to clean out the french press thing in the morning, so I get home from work at 6 pm and have to wash that damn thing.

I DON'T HAVE TIME FOR THIS. I JUST WANT A CUP OF COFFEE. Pretty soon I'm gonna have an infant crying and puking on everything in addition to the maniac toddler and I can't be playing barista anymore. This is the sad truth. this is what happens.

• Like 16

I drive a Nissan Rogue, which is a nice family car but at the same time has a little bit of edge and lets everyone know that you could go rogue at any minute.

My D also drives a Rogue and he confirms that he likes reminding people that he could go rogue with no notice. He's retiring in 3 weeks, so watch out, world! #roguery

• Like 5

Hey Popcorn Gallery, Sean is back from his time away and he brought back Steve Little from Eastbound & Down and The Grinder.

Steve Little, how do you make (and take) your coffee?

• Like 4

I DON'T HAVE TIME FOR THIS. I JUST WANT A CUP OF COFFEE. Pretty soon I'm gonna have an infant crying and puking on everything in addition to the maniac toddler and I can't be playing barista anymore. This is the sad truth. this is what happens.

SteveH, I can't tell you what to do with your life and impending baby, but it sounds like you really should've thought more about coffee before you and the wife got pregnant again. Congrats on the kid, but sorry about the coffee.

• Like 6

The K-Cup machine actually is underrated by coffee-heads, if you really know your way around the machine, you can make yourself a nice cup.

What you do is purchase a 24 pack of PACIFIC BOLD k-cups. Then what you're gonna do is throw them, along with your K-Cup machine into the garbage and buy yourself a pound of good beans, a grinder, some filters, and a pour-over.

• Like 7

Never fails. Love you octer, even if ur not a real octer.

• Like 13

I buy my coffee out of a vending machine at work like a real American. It tastes like sewage and every day I want to cry.

• Like 11

My D also drives a Rogue and he confirms that he likes reminding people that he could go rogue with no notice. He's retiring in 3 weeks, so watch out, world! #roguery

Oh no. The cops in movies or parodies of movies are always so close to retirement right when the drug dealer blows them up or whatever.

Praying for your D!

• Like 6

Now, The Grinder, what is that? Is it a show about coffee?

• Like 10

so there's like a thousand crows outside everyone's house right now right?

FVQVgxH.jpg

• Like 17

of course. duh. we're all always surrounded by crows. that's daily life here in crowworld. I don't see the problem

• Like 17

Steve Little, how much trouble would I be in if I made a show called Westbound & Upward? Because, if it's more than a little trouble I can't do it. Also, follow up question; what should Westbound and Upward be about?
  • Like 5

the crows keep trying to fly into my bathroom vent fan, its a little disconcerting but what we all signed up for when we decided to colonize croworld.

the big one has my voice now

• Like 20

I'm really beginning to regret signing up to colonize Croworld. No one told me there would be SO MANY GODDAM CROWS! I thought it was just a name, you know? Like Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan or Joe Batt's Arm, Newfoundland... Boy, was I wrong! FUCK YOU CROWS! FUCK YOU!

• Like 16

this is what separates chanson from the men and the boys: there's a town in Newfoundland famously named Dildo and that would be an easy punchline. but no! he is a man with integrity! once you roll with Joe Batt you have sworn allegiance to his arm for life

• Like 9

yes. it was fucking great. i listened to it three times.

edit>in reply to JP.

edit2>wtf does that have to do with Croworld anyway?

• Like 3

Was this episode good?

Episode of what? What are you even talking about?

If you don't have anything to contribute about Croworld, don't just post nonsense please.

• Like 18

I read a comprehensive and encyclopedic oral history of Weird Twitter and now I can't stop #trolling #brands pls send help lmao @earwolf all ur podcasts are actually bees and scutt angkorwat wears diapers (i don't know whats happening i'm serious help me)

• Like 12

uhoh ashley caught the crow madness, hide her before the magistrate sees or it will be the end to us all

• Like 19