๐Ÿ”’ The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ร—
Sign in to follow this  
DavidRosen

Sisters

I know I know... We all love Tina Fey and Amy Pohler. And a lot of the other people in this movie... But you know a movie is bad when the only time you crack a smile is when John Leguizamo says something. It was just unbearable.

I was fascinated by the decision to have Tina Fey as the more partying type sister.

ย 

Right? Just one of many really weird decisions in this movie. I love her but it's impossible to see her in that role.

This movie wasn't nearly as funny as I'd hoped (and I don't think I laughed once during the first 20 minutes), but I thought Tina did a really nice job as the partying sister. I was really surprised she was the partier and Amy was the responsible one, but they made it work. John Cena was a highlight.

• Like 1

John Cena was a highlight.

He has really been proving himself as a good comedic actor, especially if he's playing up dirty humor. Thought he definitely stole the show in Trainwreck.

I doubt this would ever happen because Paul Jason and June are all comics and want to work with other comedic actors in the seeable future.

• Like 2

Watched this one today, its not the greatest but it was cute. I think my main problem is that I'll never be able to seperate Tina Fey from Liz Lemon. So to see her play someone who is like the exact opposite of Liz just screws with my mind.

ย 

If they're going to pull The Smurfs episode for that one actress, I really dont think them covering one of Amy Poehlers movie is ever going to be in the stratosphere of happening.

Was it ever said why they pulled the Green Lantern episode as well?

Haha yea I wouldn't ever expect it because I'm sure they might even all be friends. But man I couldn't get over how bad it was. Just sitting there in a theater of like 20 people, no one laughing at all.

For me Bobby Moynihan was the best thing in this movie

Oh man Bobby was so annoying at first but he got a few surprisingly good bits in there(like the cabinet surprise.)

ย 

There was a line early on in the party where Tina asks Amy what he's doing here and she says something like 'I don't know, he was just around and I felt bad for him' I like to imagine they were breaking wall and literally talking about why he was in the movie.

Sign in to follow this