🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 266 - A Positive New Year

Happy New Year Chartists! Howard and guest co-host Ele "Ku" Woods welcome the return of the Prince of Periscope, Steven Brody Stevens! Everyone chats about their first cellphones, the clubs, and the possibility of having children as they count down the Top 5 Songs on iTunes. Then, Howard shares an unfortunate outcome regarding his Fantasy Championship as they count down the Top 5 NFL Games of the Week. Plus, the Valley is the topic of discussion during the Wie Wie Chart!

I loved this episode. Howard and Brody are like an old married couple, full of love and nitpicks. I find it hilarious and endearing, and great job this week Ele!

• Like 5

Ele really does do a great job- between her couple stints here and the one on I4H, it's been an impressive couple months!

• Like 3

I LOVE Howard calling out Brody for asking questions that throw him, an odd question for him to contemplate. Height of irony.

• Like 1

Ele did a great job. But I kind of wish Kulap was there because I think she would have come down hard on Howard and his fantasy league for playing in week 17.

Howard needs to return the favor to Ed Begley, Jr. and have him visit Jobsite as a Who Charted guest.

must have had another booking problem....because he was just on two weeks ago lol

Yup. It was supposed to be Samantha Bee.

• Like 1

Ele really does do a great job- between her couple stints here and the one on I4H, it's been an impressive couple months!

I don't know if it was a conscious decision or something that just happened, but I really liked her going into the music chart intro while the theme was still playing (and Stard fading it a bit). Sometimes it's fun to get the guest reaction on the themes, but if it's a familiar guest, no need to grind the show to a halt.

• Like 1

I loved this episode and specifically Howard and Brody's banter. I want Brody in there whenever Ku is out, even though he cant really host, even if you want a cohost in there, get Brody if he's available. I would support a two charted that just featured Howard/Brody/Stard hanging out, or they could even just start it as a new podcast called "Hey Gang"

I wish Ku was there for this exchange that went uncommented on:

about cologne

SBS-you know what? Maybe I over shot it, maybe I put too much on

HMK-With what your look could be confused for... I would say don't go too hard on all that cologne

what was Howard even saying about Brody's "look" here?

• Like 1

I wish Ku was there for this exchange that went uncommented on:

about cologne

SBS-you know what? Maybe I over shot it, maybe I put too much on

HMK-With what your look could be confused for... I would say don't go too hard on all that cologne

what was Howard even saying about Brody's "look" here?

I think it's that Brody looks Middle Eastern, and they stereotypically wear a lot of cologne?

• Like 1

I think it's that Brody looks Middle Eastern, and they stereotypically wear a lot of cologne?

I thought it was more of the Athlete/Gymgoer/Alpha bro more than the middle eastern thing but hey, that could be right.

• Like 1

I thought it was more of the Athlete/Gymgoer/Alpha bro more than the middle eastern thing but hey, that could be right.

and lastly I thought he meant more of a European look, like a Spanish or Greek guy. Once again a culture commonly stereotyped as laying the cologne on prettttty thick

Ele asks the kinds of questions that need to be asked. It is a true talent, the kind of talent that most people don't treat like a talent.

EDIT: Until proved otherwise, Loco por los Cornballs is her, pass it around

Also, the way in which Howard gets offended while they all talk about phones is the sort of wonderful this podcast is made of. Brett notices, and then Brody gets all Brody-ish about it. Howard makes it as difficult as possible. These eps with Ele really are amazing.

Just got to the bit where Howard gets super passive-aggressive about how Brody didn't listen to his present troubles A++++++++++++ 1 bazgillion percent

the passive aggressiveness from Howard is a thing of true beauty whole ep long

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this