🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 127 - Kazaam: LIVE!

Be careful what you wish for...

23lk1f5.jpg

recommend music that goes along with that art installation.

Woah. Far too sexy.

A different take on the wish

1382304_10154010849131535_1050646270944761392_n.jpg?oh=63b96e9567805cfdb64b20c96c181ff8&oe=57031E1A

All we need now is for a remake with Paul as the astronaut, June as the genie, and Jason as the best friend. The perfect follow up to The League.

I have nothing to say about "Kazaam," but I do think that you've mischaracterized "I Dream of Jeannie." While Jeannie called Major Nelson "Master," there's no question who was wearing the harem pants in that relationship. The show was much like "Bewitched" in that it was about a mortal man who met a woman with nigh-omnipotent magical powers...and wanted no part of them. Jeannie did whatever she wanted, especially if Tony forbade it. And if he got out of line, he'd find himself temporarily zapped to the Arctic.

It was worse on "Bewitched," in that Darren Stephens preferred his soul-crushing job for his demanding boss, and would reject magical help to the point of expecting Samantha to do all of the housework--including inevitable last-minute dinners involving work clients--the mortal way. At least Major Nelson had a cool job (astronaut), and was mostly concerned about people discovering Jeannie's powers.

haha Shaq is such a lovable goof, these gifs have been cracking me up today.

• Like 4

haha Shaq is such a lovable goof, these gifs have been cracking me up today.

Agreed.

Shaq-Trips-and-Falls-NBA-on-TNT.gif

Oh, Shaq...

• Like 5

I'm so glad the holidays are over and I can participate in the madness once again!

• Like 2

I'm so glad the holidays are over and I can participate in the madness once again!

I have no idea what you're talking about...

31-shaq-face-shaq-gifs.gif

• Like 5

Woah. Far too sexy.

All we need now is for a remake with Paul as the astronaut, June as the genie, and Jason as the best friend. The perfect follow up to The League.

DID SOMEONE SAY WISH?

20rnxo8.jpg

• Like 6

"By Grabthar's hammer, you shall be avenged!"

First David Bowie, now this?

#fuckyoucancer

• Like 3

For the next movie, can we do, like, Quigley Down Under or Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves?

• Like 1

"By Grabthar's hammer, you shall be avenged!"

I see the name Grabthar's hammer and I am thinking who the fuck is Cameron H talking about as I've never watched all of Galaxy Quest:as i hate Tim Allen movies or anything with Tim Allen in it altogether.

You guys paul's not going to take this very easily this week.

having said that I now know why this is his favorite movie.

29za635.jpg

I swear I did not add that. Look it up on IMDB

"sheer adventure!"

I see the name Grabthar's hammer and I am thinking who the fuck is Cameron H talking about as I've never watched all of Galaxy Quest:as i hate Tim Allen movies or anything with Tim Allen in it altogether.

I'd highly recommend giving Galaxy Quest another try. Just know that his character is supposed to be a totally narcissistic douche that's pretty much based on Shatner's public persona. I hadn't seen it all the way through until about a year ago when the Blu-Ray was on sale for, like, $5 on Amazon. It's pretty fantastic.

• Like 3

For the next movie, can we do, like, Quigley Down Under or Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves?

Honest question: was Robin Hood always a punchline? I haven't seen it in years, but I don't remember it being all that bad...For me, I feel like it would be more "I Think That Was Good?" material than HDTGM.

Then again, I would love it if they did more movies like that, Kazaam, and Jupiter Ascending than things like The Apple--which I've watched with Rifftrax, and I'm not particularly looking forward to revisiting. Don't get me wrong, the Rifftrax for The Apple is hilarious, but that level of movie is kind of their brand. I think the best HDTGM movies are the ambitious failures. Cannon Films, for me, are more like movies made by The Asylum (just quick cash grabs with no delusions of actually being good movies), and that kind of cynical "movie making" kind of sucks the fun out of it for me.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, Cannon Films (for the most part) are low hanging fruit. There's just no challenge in making fun of them.

• Like 1

I'd highly recommend giving Galaxy Quest another try. Just know that his character is supposed to be a totally narcissistic douche that's pretty much based on Shatner's public persona. I hadn't seen it all the way through until about a year ago when the Blu-Ray was on sale for, like, $5 on Amazon. It's pretty fantastic.

Could be the worlds greatest movie ever made but I'll never know because as soon as Tim enters camera area

it's like get that tool time ass off my tv!! No thanks. there is something about that guy that just turns me right off.

I would go to a Hayden Christensen acting seminar before i would ever try and watch Galaxy Quest again.

Speaking of Cannon Films apple stocks are going up to 44 dollars a share. in the canadian market. they are up to CDN$ 123.33

Honest question: was Robin Hood always a punchline? I haven't seen it in years, but I don't remember it being all that bad...For me, I feel like it would be more "I Think That Was Good?" material than HDTGM.

Then again, I would love it if they did more movies like that, Kazaam, and Jupiter Ascending than things like The Apple--which I've watched with Rifftrax, and I'm not particularly looking forward to revisiting. Don't get me wrong, the Rifftrax for The Apple is hilarious, but that level of movie is kind of their brand. I think the best HDTGM movies are the ambitious failures. Cannon Films, for me, are more like movies made by The Asylum (just quick cash grabs with no delusions of actually being good movies), and that kind of cynical "movie making" kind of sucks the fun out of it for me.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, Cannon Films (for the most part) are low hanging fruit. There's just no challenge in making fun of them.

Robin Hood wasn't always a punchline. I remember a lot of people loving that movie when it came out (particularly my sister, who was totally in love with Christian Slater). It just hasn't held up well, particularly the racial elements and the fact that the Sheriff of Nottingham is super rapey. Oh, and Kevin Costner's accent is something else.

And I couldn't agree more. There's some fun in totally bananas movies like The Room, but I'd like to see more enjoyable movies that aren't a total chore to sit through (which I think many of the Cannon films are).

• Like 1