🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 127 - Kazaam: LIVE!

The MadTV 20th anniversary special that aired Tuesday had a cast member doing a Shaq impression, noting that the audience might have seen "him" appear in numerous endorsements or Kazaam.

Y'all Paul is on Doug Loves Movies today and fuckin is already killin it by fighting Jacob Sirof on his awful notions about Star Wars and the Prequels being legitimately good Star Wars Films. Spoiler alert Jacob thinks TFA is worse and is just "fanfiction."

giphy.gif

• Like 6

For the next movie, can we do, like, Quigley Down Under or Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves?

Robin Hood, fine that would be a decent episode for the fuckery of a movie that was. But kind sir, do not take Quigley Down Under's name in vain as that is an underrated classic. Also what a strange coincidence that Rickman and Bowie die within days of each other, both at 69, and both of cancer that only the family knew about.

By the way, can we get back to Shaq gifs?

shaq-dancing-with-will-ferrell-o.gif

If we don't, what are we even doing here?!?

Shaquille-ONeal-Dance-In-His-Terrible-Music-Video.gif

• Like 3

I vote Wee Man and Shaq make a buddy cop movie.

I think we have an answer to what is a Street Fighter... Not a right answer, but an answer.

Was I the only one to get a wee bit uncomfortable at the joking about Paul Michael Glasers film dedication and the quip about the film being an apology for being a bad father? The tragic fate of his wife and daughters even made the papers here in the UK at the time. So I thought that someone from the States, and especially someone in the Hollywood world might know of it. But apart from that an enjoyable episode and I've enjoyed both the last two even though to someone growing up over here in the 70s, Paul Michael Glaser is a bit of a legend and aside from occasionally hearing the name I wouldnt know Shaqueal O'Neal from Alexander O'Neal. Though if Shaqueal really is 7' 6", I reckon I could hazard a guess.

No, you're not the only one. It was a bit upsetting to me, actually, because my family has connections to his family and the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation. I was pretty surprised that none of them seemed to know who Paul Glaser was other than Starsky. Not even a mention of his role in Fiddler on the Roof! But yeah, the jokes about the film's dedication and his family bothered me a lot, even though I'm sure none of it was malicious.

I would be interested in doing Prince of Thieves because that was the first time I ever saw Alan Rickman as a real villian. Even in the early HPs when I was supposed to be on the kids' side, I always had a "the teacher is totally right" mentality. I kept thinking that the trio were really disrespectful to Snape from day one.

I almost forgot...

giphy.gif

• Like 3

Y'all Paul is on Doug Loves Movies today and fuckin is already killin it by fighting Jacob Sirof on his awful notions about Star Wars and the Prequels being legitimately good Star Wars Films. Spoiler alert Jacob thinks TFA is worse and is just "fanfiction."

giphy.gif

I really can't stand Jacob Sirof. He was on a few weeks ago with Greg Proops and Geoff Tate, and he was so obnoxious. I just always get the vibe that he's just contrary to anything moderately popular. The only reason I kept listening was because I wanted to hear Geoff take him to task, but it never happened. I'm glad to hear Paul did. I'm gonna have to listen this morning since there's no new minisode.

Edit: HOW DID I FORGET THIS?!

25-shaq-attack-best-sports-gifs-of-2012.gif

Edit 2: Doug just said "I apologize. You're more of an asshole than I thought." I could listen to them berate this douche all day.

• Like 3

Ommission:

So Kazaam was a real person at one point, and was turned into a genie over 5,000 years ago. Sure, I'm on board with that. However, that means that over 5,000 years ago, Kazaam was walking around, 7'-1", 300 something pounds.

The average height of a person was much smaller 100 years ago, let alone 5,000 years ago. Kazaam would have been a god like figure at that size at that time. He would have made Xerxes look like Kat Williams.

• Like 2

TBH, this sounds way more fun than regular old Sharknado

cQ3Hd7L.jpg

(didn't make it, just googled it)

• Like 7

OMG there are some great Shaq related movie poster parodies.

u8T6GuH.png

• Like 6

I wish I could take credit for this.. but I did made a cartoon about it a show or so ago, I can't remember.

• Like 2

Kazaam's rap name should be Jefferson Allensworth Rap. Because he likes to rap.

There was a super weird and uncomfortable undercurrent about slavery in the movie. Max basically owns a human being, the mentioning Allen Allensworth (he who founded a community of free blacks), Kazaam refusing to be Malik's slave. While he does get his freedom in the end (sort of), it feels like they were setting up to address slavery but then didn't.

Also, why does Max keep Kazaam around? He seems to be really irritated by him in the beginning even after he's revealed his powers. Why didn't he just make his wishes quick to get rid of him?

• Like 1

EllenM question for you, do you have Netflix canada? can you tell me if The Apple 1980 is listed for streaming there?

EllenM question for you, do you have Netflix canada? can you tell me if The Apple 1980 is listed for streaming there?

Also, does Marvel have an Alpha Flight series on Netflix Canada that us U.S. viewers are missing out on?

• Like 1

Also, does Marvel have an Alpha Flight series on Netflix Canada that us U.S. viewers are missing out on?

I don't have Crapflix canada. but what really fucking annoys me is the site don't let you look around before you sign up. so you have no idea if the service is any good or has that movie your looking for. amazon.com is the service I would like to have but it's not available from Canada. I fucking hate it.

I am going after the younglings first, I am going to bring balance back to the force.

f9e8w5.jpg

Blockbuster is out of business here, but it is still a company for streaming.

we've got itunes,

shomi

Netflix

CraveTV

Youtubes limited renting

cable company on-demand service.

But the problem with all of these services is minus youtube and itunes, is you can't search them for a film in question with out having an account already. would you shop at amazon if you had to have account first and could not even look at the site with out one?

so what good is the service if I have to stay active with a paying account if I can't just quickly see whats on that service. This marketing may work well for costco but doesn't work for online content. this is the fundamental problem with all of these kind of services and the reason most of us have given up on cable to begin with. 99 channels and there is nothing on and no real good way to manage any of them in the first place. what most of these company's have to do and need to do is create a super easy interface that lets other people like TV Guide.com create an app that can read those websites and report what's on where. they sort of do this but it doesn't work. plus we need to do away with copyright rules for world wide distribution and offer the item world wide and not locked down to

What we really need to do is have a service that just offers the moon and forgets limited movie catalogs altogether. if they did that at a reasonable price then they could do away with online piracy in a heartbeat. but until that happens it's download and burn.

anyway I just spend 30 dollars to buy a used copy of the apple today. lets hope I don't get burnt. apple shares are going up people so if you haven't got a copy yet it's buy buy buy time.

saupload_cramer_2.jpg

After reading that they left out founding member Arabian Prince from Straight Outta Compton I think I found the original poster.

• Like 2