🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 42 - The First Class Cabin of An Aer Lingus 747 in The 1970s: Live from Largo

Paul F. Tompkins once again welcomes the wonderful real people of Los Angeles AND the internet to a LIVE episode of Spontaneanation, recorded at the world-famous Largo at The Coronet! This week, Paul's special guest is singer-songwriter Susanna Hoffs of The Bangles! They chat about her new love affair with ice cream, aggressive squirrels, and scary neighborhood vans. Paul is then joined by his No, You Shut Up! colleagues Drew Massey, Colleen Smith, and Victor Yerrid to improvise a story set in The First Class Cabin of An Aer Lingus 747 in The 1970s. And as always, Eban (only the best) Schletter scores it all on piano!

PFT's EPISODE NOTES:

For the live audience, Susanna, Paul & the improvisors sang "FourFiveSeconds" by Rihanna, Kanye West & Paul McCartney!

Can you remove the non-breaking space from line 31 of the RSS feed again, it is causing parsers to fail again. Thanks.

Man, that ad made Pauls voice sound real vocal-fry-ey. I would have sworn it was Greg Proops if I didn't know it was PFT.

Can you remove the non-breaking space from line 31 of the RSS feed again, it is causing parsers to fail again. Thanks.

Yeah, this is the third or fourth week in a row I haven't been able to access the RSS feed on the first day of the update.

I love this show, but I feel like the last couple of episodes have been so nonsensical.

I love this show BECAUSE I feel like the last couple of episodes have been so nonsensical.

• Like 6

Yeah, this is the third or fourth week in a row I haven't been able to access the RSS feed on the first day of the update.

Yea, mistakes happen but it is strange how often this same thing happens for Spontaneanation.

Looking forward to listening tomorrow.

For a seventeenth anniversary gift give one incorporating crystal(15th anniversary) and cotton(2nd) and that will honor the proper amount of time. So, like, rhinestone studded panties or something.

• Like 2

The difference between a seasoned comedian like Paul and myself is that I would have made at least one Walk Like An Egyptian reference while Susanna was describing her neighborhood ambulations.

• Like 6

The difference between a seasoned comedian like Paul and myself is that I would have made at least one Walk Like An Egyptian reference while Susanna was describing her neighborhood ambulations.

With all the odd encounters on her walks I bet she's had her share of manic Mondays, too.

• Like 4

I love this show, but I feel like the last couple of episodes have been so nonsensical.

You say that like it's a bad thing.

really great episode, love how crazy the last few episodes have been

I loved the improv, but for this episode it's the interview that really stood out to me. Sussana Hoffs is easily one of my favorite special guests so far, and her and Paul had me laughing harder than some of the seasoned comedians do during their interviews! I'm going to listen to the interview portion again right now, just because I loved it so much and it put a huge smile on my face.

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this