🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

Episode 116 — Cartoons, Our Close Friends

Well at least this way I don't have to read 40 name based puns

Hey Mr. Nobody is it difficult to get things done when you're just a head?

(No body, get it guys?)

• Like 10

Since you haven't done shit with your life, you've probably had lots of time to build strong opinions about those who have. So I ask: Who is more iconic, David Bowing or Michael Jacksing?

Also, what is the soundtrack to your life? Not necessarily from MJ or Bowing, just in general (they are not off limits, just don't kid yourself and pick "Fame").

• Like 3

Sir Nobody van Percy,

Are you still there? Hello? We still doing this?

Hi guest!

Who do you think that "you're so vain" song is really about?

• Like 3

Blink, my previous comment here sucked.

Just thought you should know that. I'm gonna work harder next time, I swear.

*prepares old cartoon voice*

s'alright

• Like 1

Nobody,

We still asking questions or they record the episode already and it's time to go back to stupid jokes now?

Full Disclosure: I don't like jokes.

MLIT,

Hello, welcome to the forum and thanks for your interest in our special little guy ThunderCock69. We love him and it's no surprise he has found his way into your heart as well.

I do need to inform you however that TC is not allowed to read posts with the kind of crass and explicit content as found in the above quote. We actually have grounded him from the forum today because he liked your post.

Please in the future remember he is young and impressionable before you spew your perverted filth all over our quaint little neighborhood. Would that be okay? Neat!

Well, great talk! Remember to sign up for the potluck and we will be SEEING you around.

My dearest Superman,

You step to me? You step up to me? You better come correct. I don't really know how things are done around here, I don't know all the inside jokes or all the lingo or whatever the fudge a "potluck" is, but what I do know is that ThunderCock69 is a itty bitty boy with a iggle biggle PENIS and that is what momma like. But momma also know that a piggy that squiggy needs a good upbringing and I will not get in your way. I will be the biggle miggle and turn down the skriggle. Just remember next time, before you Step Up 3 to me, that you got your back straight and your mouth tight.

I hope we can move on into the future as dear friends.

Forever yours,

MyLifeISThunder

• Like 11

Potluck

<p class="mw-body-content" id="bodyContent" style="position: relative; line-height: 1.6; font-size: 0.875em; z-index: 0; color: rgb(37, 37, 37); font-family: sans-serif;">

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

<p class="mw-content-ltr" dir="ltr" id="mw-content-text" lang="en" style="direction: ltr;">

For other uses, see Pot luck (disambiguation).

50px-Question_book-new.svg.png This article needs additional citations for verification. Please help improve this article by adding citations to reliable sources. Unsourced material may be challenged and removed. (August 2012)

300px-Potluck06.jpg

[/left]

An assortment of
food at a church potluck

[/center]

A potluck is a gathering where each guest contributes a dish of food that is to be shared. Synonyms include: potluck dinner, spread, Jacob's join,[1][2]Jacob's supper, faith supper, covered dish supper, dish party, bring and share, shared lunch, pitch-in, bring-a-plate, dish-to-pass, fuddle, "carry-in".

Contents

[hide]

Etymology[edit]

The word pot-luck appears in the 16th century English work of Thomas Nashe, and used to mean "food provided for an unexpected or uninvited guest, the luck of the pot."[this quote needs a citation] The sense "communal meal, where guests bring their own food," appears to have originated in the late 19th century or early 20th century, particularly in Western North America, either by influence from potlatch or possibly by extension of traditional sense of "luck of the pot".

To the Irish, a potluck was a meal with no particular menu. Everyone participating brought a dish for all to share. The term comes from a time when groups of Irish women would gather together and cook dinner. They only had one pot so they cooked the meal together with whatever ingredients they happened to have that day.[citation needed]

Description[edit]

Potluck dinners are events where the attendees bring a dish to a meal. Potluck dinners are often organized by religious or community groups, since they simplify the meal planning and distribute the costs among the participants. Smaller, more informal get-togethers with distributed food preparation may also be called potlucks. The only traditional rule is that each dish be large enough to be shared among a good portion (but not necessarily all) of the anticipated guests. In some cases each participant agrees ahead of time to bring a single course, and the result is a multi-course meal. Guests may bring in any form of food, ranging from the main course to desserts. In the United States, potlucks are associated with crockpot dishes, casseroles (often called hot dishes in the upper Midwest), dessert bars, and jello salads. Traditionally, potlucks were a simple combination of dishes brought together by event attendees without a general theme. However, recent times have seen the growth of themed dinners for parties or special occasions.

See also[edit]

32px-Foodlogo2.svg.png Food portal

• Like 12

Hey guest. A middle school class that I teach met for the first time today. There is a student in it named Kush.

What the fuck, right?

you teach a middle school class, but they haven't met each other until now?

• Like 4

Totally not saying this is the case, cause it's not the case, but completely hypothetically someone having a username on an internet forum referencing big penises and sex positions might actually be hiding the fact they're small penised virgins who have never 69ed, and only have that username due to insecurity about their reality. But as I said that's totally not the case for me, I have big dick and get alllllllllllllll the ladies ;)

• Like 12

Hey podcast heavyweights heres a free idea for new show:

Judge Bang Rodgeman

• Like 16

I specifically asked you guys last week to STOP killing my teen heroes. Fuck you guys for real.

• Like 9

I specifically asked you guys last week to STOP killing my teen heroes. Fuck you guys for real.

At first i was sad, but on the bright side now we'll get to hear everyone on the forums best joke about Alan Rickman dying.

• Like 11

Bowie, 69, dead.

Rickman, 69, dead.

ThunderCock must be terrified!

But seriously this is shit news.

Guest,

what's your take on all this?

• Like 10

This can be a question for the guest or even just you guys since I don't give af anymore.

How come Monty Python never did a mashup movie The Meaning of Life of Brian? Do you think it's because there are two instances of the word "of" in the title? Because that does bother me and that's why I never saw Rise of the Planet of the Apes or Dawn of the Planet of the Apes.

• Like 10

James Adomian characters:

Christopher Hitchens

Huell Howser

Philip Seymour Hoffman

Alan Rickman

I really hope he stops doing Bernie Sanders

• Like 18

Friends, forumers, honoured useless guest:

What's the best way to deal with the dude you like saying no when you ask him out?

In Christ,

Lizzy

• Like 8

i only know one trick but it involves a pint of malt vinegar, 3 hours, and a dog sled. should also be noted that this has never worked for me, but i highly suspect that it would work ON me

• Like 5

Chip Gardner?! Is that you in disguise

• Like 5

I wonder if Rickman was the guest yesterday, really makes you think about all the mean things we said about him.

• Like 19

anyone dumb enough to turn down a funny, sweet gem like Lizzy deserves a good punch in the brain imo. I'd be honored to do the honors. If you would have me, Lizzy.

Or you can do what I did the one time I ever asked someone out and then they stood me up. Which is get drunk and sleep with your sleaziest friend who rushed to your side as soon as he heard you were vulnerable and then meet his 2 year old daughter the next morning.

But actually probably just let me punch him in the brain. I'm jonesing for a good brain punching so you'd be doing me a favor, really.

• Like 11