🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 395 - Yupparently

I liked the WTF-style segment with Whitney. And I liked Scott shitting all over Gemberling. Mary Holland was my favorite, too.

After today's show, perhaps Gemberling could answer: What exactly is a knife fighter?

• Like 1

I've only heard Whitney Cummings interviewed a couple of times before, but the "ugh alt comedy people don't like me because of elitism" thing has always been just about the first thing to come up. It's a really weird chip to have on your shoulder if you always say "alt" as if you're spitting on the floo, and want nothing to do with that end of things. I don't get it.

I think that she might have good reason to be insecure about that.....

But, take this as you will, this episode is the most I've ever liked her.

There's an art to babbling for 90 minutes, and I think it might be harder for the guests who aren't in character.

She's good at it. Credit where credit is due.

• Like 3

There's an art to babbling for 90 minutes, and I think it might be harder for the guests who aren't in character.

I like her because she seems pretty genuine to me. I've heard people sound nervous on here that I thought were taking it to seem like they belonged. She seemed to be enjoying her time and not putting on a face. Fun stuff.

• Like 2

Yeah I'm not a big fan but, I warmed to her a lot after this. She seemed very nice and was having fun.

• Like 4

my favorite thing about gemberling on the show is how much pleasure scott seems to take in fucking with him. his character was barely hanging by a thread anyways so scott and whitney ripping it apart and making him steven avery was so perfect.

I don't think his character was "barely hanging by a thread" as much as it was railroaded before it even started.

He had things to say, he was just forced to address MaM immediately and then wasn't interviewed.

The episode quality didn't suffer because Gemberling is hilarious regardless & Mary had plenty of breathing room for her character.

• Like 2

The episode quality didn't suffer because Gemberling is hilarious regardless & Mary had plenty of breathing room for her character.

For someone with a lot of breathing room, she sure had trouble breathing.

• Like 5

"So you can slip your uncircumcised dog dick in there" First favorite thing said this year for me and thats probably cause I'm forgetting other memorable things said but still... Great Ep!

oh and bonus - Scott yelling Yas Queen!

• Like 6

Where was Mantzoukas for the mini-ep of 'Talkin' Tang' during the Plugs? There was even talk of Drippin' Milk.

I've only heard Whitney Cummings interviewed a couple of times before, but the "ugh alt comedy people don't like me because of elitism" thing has always been just about the first thing to come up. It's a really weird chip to have on your shoulder if you always say "alt" as if you're spitting on the floo, and want nothing to do with that end of things. I don't get it.

Seems like a gross misread of the situation to think shes got a chip on her shoulder. It seems like a legitimate concern that the creator of 2 broke girls would worry that her more mainstream brand of comedy wouldn't translate to the 'alt comedy' crowd. I don't fault her for voicing that. They really are 2 different worlds. All said and done, she fit in very well and once things got rolling she was as quick and funny as you'd want a guest to be.

In terms of her steamrolling Gemberlings character, take that issue up with Scott since he piled on the Making a Muderer questions JUST as much as Whitney did. Scott was unquestionably enjoying her derailment and made Gemberling roll with it.

Not a lot of "mainstreamers" would work on the show as well as she did. Can you imagine Chuck Lorre or Chelsea Handler on cbb? I can't.

• Like 2

Really enjoyed this episode. Some very honest, funny chat to start things off, followed by some wild character segments.

There's nothing funnier than Antagonizing Scott. A little friction makes for good listening.

At first, I wasn't really digging Scott and Whitney shutting out Gemberling's character, but then I remembered that this is CBB not improv4humans and Scott's general fuckery with people's characters and breaking the fourth wall is some of the best stuff on the podcast.

• Like 1

Was listening to some of this a second time last night and caught Scott's mentioning Gabe Kaplan and Battle of the Network Stars, followed by saying something along the lines of "well talk about that quite a bit at some point in the near future", which to me means one he's recorded in the bag for later release will delve into the great Jewish actor and athlete Gabe Kaplan.

I'm excited, because I remember George and Gil bringing him up when they were on with Lizzie (no relation) Caplan years ago, so I'm crossing my fingers that we get yet another great show for all da tuna heads out here

Gimme that pill!

I know you have it, gimme that pill...

Never would I have thought a movie I've never seen would bring me such joy.

• Like 1

James has taken a podcast hiatus unfortunately. I miss him.

Yeah, bummer, and I don't know why he's doing it. When he came by my city touring I happily paid money to see him purely based off of my fondness for his podcast appearances

I'm happy to report that James responded to me on instagram, stating that he and Anthony Atamanuik would be doing a Trump V. Bernie ep of CBB. That's been your breaking news. Now, back to SteveH with your weekend weather forecast.

• Like 10

it's a coooold one today out there, folks. be sure to bundle up because we're still feeling the effects of that front that moved in from Canada earlier in the week. It's a windy one too so it's gonna feel a lot colder than it is with those winds blowing at 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 40. that's your forecast for today.

• Like 5

If Chris Rock is giving notes to HBO, he might know some things about The Muppets and Khaleesi. Specifically, are they gonna fuck??

• Like 5

I know you have it, gimme that pill...

Never would I have thought a movie I've never seen would bring me such joy.

I saw a commercial for the TV show last night and had a good laugh thinking about it.

• Like 1