🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 395 - Yupparently

it's a coooold one today out there, folks. be sure to bundle up because we're still feeling the effects of that front that moved in from Canada earlier in the week. It's a windy one too so it's gonna feel a lot colder than it is with those winds blowing at 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 40. that's your forecast for today.

Suddenly realizing its.... BEEN AWWHIIIIIIIILE since we had a CBB weather report or any mention of Hollywood Nights. Is this season canon?

• Like 1

I'm happy to report that James responded to me on instagram, stating that he and Anthony Atamanuik would be doing a Trump V. Bernie ep of CBB. That's been your breaking news. Now, back to SteveH with your weekend weather forecast.

Hey he's also going to be on an upcoming Improv4Humans! http://www.mattbesser.com/

• Like 1

I very much enjoyed Scott shitting on #reylo 'shippers with his description of the relationship between Kylo Ren and Rey as that of "rapist and accuser." CO-SIGN

• Like 2

I very much enjoyed Scott shitting on #reylo 'shippers with his description of the relationship between Kylo Ren and Rey as that of "rapist and accuser." CO-SIGN

Gimme that map!

• Like 3

Gemberling and Holland were delightful, and Cummings was fine, but the first half hour didn't grab my interest.

• Like 1

I got through the first 15 minutes before I started having a seizure and had to turn it off. Whitney, god bless her, is not for me. At least I got to hear Scott demanding that the pill be given to him, that was delightful.

Gemberling and Holland were delightful, and Cummings was fine, but the first half hour didn't grab my interest.

this is a classic example of an episode where i skip immediately to the first ad break and never look back ever

First the plug songs are too long, now they're too short, which is it Auckerman!

Also I like how he keeps on trying to work in "That's the show" from Mulaney's (Gil? George? I forget)

• Like 1

whitney seemed to calm down & get out of her own head a bit after the first break. she's definitely a little more Hollywood than the average guest (the shock & awe that her bf wouldn't know the soaring heights of her career was endearing), but the regulars were able to work with that. in an alternate universe, the path this could've gone down might've featured her as an unwilling, unknowing straight man while gemberling took veiled shots at the real whitney as gene. if she ever comes back to the show--presumably after much continued success--maybe she can play up the hollywood narcissist angle to great effect.

this ep really highlighted the diff b/tw the worlds of stand-up & improv for me.

• Like 3

I loved Gemberling getting flustered about being accused of sounding like Steven Avery, but also not being able to NOT talk about it either. Anytime they brought it up, as much as he wanted to stay in character, he still had to express his opinion on MaM. I feel like Gene Rottenberry deserves a second appearance.

• Like 1

Maybe this was already known but I enjoyed Whitney revealing that John Mulaney must have signed the table quasi in-character as "Jurn Mulurney". This episode made her seem pretty likable to me, even though I wasn't a fan of her show or 2 Broke Girls.

Scott needs to get some confidence about the Amazon print-on-demand thing, since it sounds like he's kind of ashamed of it when he brings it up. You still order a DVD and get a DVD, they just don't keep a hundred boxes of printed copies laying around.

I loved Gemberling getting flustered about being accused of sounding like Steven Avery, but also not being able to NOT talk about it either. Anytime they brought it up, as much as he wanted to stay in character, he still had to express his opinion on MaM. I feel like Gene Rottenberry deserves a second appearance.

I don't know the original intent of the character, but flustered Jean Rottenberry with mean Scott is a funny combo.

• Like 1