🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
jarrycanada

The Paul Scheer, movie list.

SCHEER'S PICKS

Every time Paul recommends, its going to the list, created by Cameron H, updated by me.

in this order,

1) Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans

2) Passenger 57 - as talked about on Minisode 127.5

3) SHOWGIRLS *

4) Jack and Jill

5) Blended *

6) Ladyhawke (Although it sounds like they're saving this for I Think That Was Good?)

7) Tokyo Drift

8) Bandits

9) Country Strong

10) Limitless

13) Curse of the Jade Scorpion--or other bad Woody Allen movie.

14) One of the Menudo movies

15) Teen Witch

16) Vampires Kiss.

17) Southland Tales

18 Jersey Girl

19 EXPENDABLES 2

20 X-Men Origins: Wolverine (2009) <- (Ep. 46 Barb Wire)

21 swordfish

22 Irreconcilable Differences (Ep. 128--Streets of Fire)

23 16 Blocks* plus "Later day Pacino" (Ep. 32--88 Minutes)

24 Assassins--referred to as "the movie w/ Stallone and Julianne Moore" (Ep. 40 Judge Dredd)

25 Beastly

26 Predators

27 Soul man

28 X-Men Origins: Wolverine (2009) <- (Ep. 46 Barb Wire)

29 Elektra (2005) <- (Ep. 46 Barb Wire)

97 Jacob's Ladder

98) Running Man, HEY THAT'S A GOOD MOVIE! *

99 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III (1993)

1000) the happening *

* NOT LIKELY TO HAPPEN IN YOUR LIFE TIME..

• Like 5

Hey, Jarrycanada, thanks for creating a thread specifically for this! I'm still going through the back catalog, and I'm sure I've missed a lot, but I do have a couple more to add.

Beastly

Predators

Soul man

My real reason for creating this list is that they have mentioned or shown interest in doing a lot of films they haven't gone over and I really wish they would. I would 100% prefer they do any of these before dipping into Death Spa or The Apple territory.

I feel like if Paul mentions a movie in an interview or something that he'd like to do, that should be fair game too.

Are we crossing out The Happening because we hate mentioning that it exists or because they've confirmed they'll never do it?

• Like 1

Hey, Jarrycanada, thanks for creating a thread specifically for this! I'm still going through the back catalog, and I'm sure I've missed a lot, but I do have a couple more to add.

Beastly

Predators

Soul man

My real reason for creating this list is that they have mentioned or shown interest in doing a lot of films they haven't gone over and I really wish they would. I would 100% prefer they do any of these before dipping into Death Spa or The Apple territory.

I feel like if Paul mentions a movie in an interview or something that he'd like to do, that should be fair game too.

I agree, but what order should the list be in.

how would I know what order to add them, just add them to the bottom?

17 Beastly

18 Predators

19 Soul man

if you want to take over and add your own list, by all means.

I don't know if paul ever said showgirls or not I just added it being a smart ass.

Pauls also recommended movies on other shows like Doug Loves Movies do those count?

• Like 1

Are we crossing out The Happening because we hate mentioning that it exists or because they've confirmed they'll never do it?

on the happening just go read the thread. short story never happening because of june's fear of aliens and trees. Ohh and robots. We may have to make a list of June's fears.

• Like 2

"Jacob's Ladder" gets brought up a bit whenever someone hypothesizes "What if this was some crazy dream?" or "What if they really died when ___________ happened, and the rest is all just happening in their mind?". I haven't seen it in forever and feel like they may as well do an episode, or at the very least address the reference in a mini ep or something.

• Like 2

for the last time, Jacob's Ladder isn't about purgatory at all. like "Lost" it's a spacial place that Jacob and his family have created before they can move on to the other side. see it all makes sense now. right, Mr Lindelof?

and on that note i just spoiled lost and Jacobs ladder in one go.

pretty sure he said they will cover swordfish. it was a few months ago. think it might have been in a mini?

I remember him saying that too. we should of called this list, Scheer's picks. like in blockbuster video. Ohh well.

• Like 1

With some of these on the list (Showgirls, Happening) I think they will be done eventually but a ways away because they are such low hanging fruit and have been covered by numerous other shows. Others like Jacob's Ladder were just mentioned in relation to a possible batshit way a movie was done, usually mentioned by Jason. I know people are complaining about the surge of Cannon films being covered but it's like when the show first started with Cage and then had a splurge of Stallone films.Eventually many of these will be covered, it just takes time with the show being bi-weekly at best in link with their careers.

i know they at least discussed the ghostrider movies but im not sure they ever said they would cover them.

late last year i said id try to build a dvd collection of just hdtgm movies so i always keep a look out for them in my local stores. i keep seeing ghostrider and picking it up and saying "oh great, another one for the collection." then i check the list and its not on there. and i mean every time i see the dvd. for some reason i keep thinking they have covered at least one of them. think ill just buy it the next time i see it.

does this happen to anyone else? for ghostrider or any other film you thought they had covered but hadnt?

• Like 2

Yeah they talked about at least doing Spirit of Vengeance because of Neveldine/Taylor, but just haven't gotten to it. I would love to see them talk about Dreamcatcher, Happening, and any of the Sleepaway Camp movies, mainly the most recent one, it's just a matter of waiting. I know Paul talked about doing Return to Sleepaway Camp and the actor who played Ricky was on the forum for Sleepaway Camp and said he would love to come onto the show to talk about the movies, which would make for a great live episode.

i know they at least discussed the ghostrider movies but im not sure they ever said they would cover them.

late last year i said id try to build a dvd collection of just hdtgm movies so i always keep a look out for them in my local stores. i keep seeing ghostrider and picking it up and saying "oh great, another one for the collection." then i check the list and its not on there. and i mean every time i see the dvd. for some reason i keep thinking they have covered at least one of them. think ill just buy it the next time i see it.

does this happen to anyone else? for ghostrider or any other film you thought they had covered but hadnt?

I keep doing that too I am so ready for dream catchers and Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans, Showgirls

Not sure about, Jacob's Ladder, Limitless, Running Man, or Predators i think they should do Predator 2 with Danny Glover & Gary Busey, it's the most unlike Predator of all the films in the series.

Ladyhawke has got a special place in my heart. you can't say the name of the movie with out laughing your ass off or keeping a straight face.

I got two more...

Irreconcilable Differences (Ep. 128--Streets of Fire)

large_5uifV0eHReoqT39q3QvU3ZxrJLS.jpg

16 Blocks* plus "Later day Pacino" (Ep. 32--88 Minutes)

16blocks_poster.jpg

*To be fair, they say "34 Blocks" in the episode, but I think this is what they meant.

That is what they were talking about, but to be honest I didn't think 16 Blocks was that bad or crazy, minus Mos Def's performance.

I just finished my re-listening spree of past HDTGM episodes. And just to be totally upfront, I'm not saying these would be good for the show, just that these are the movies that they have expressed interest in doing, but haven't done yet. Also, I started re-listening in reverse chronological order, until I hit Sleepaway Camp, and then I started from the beginning so that would be the last episode I listened to. I didn't start taking a note on the movies they mentioned until, I think, Winter's Tale, so there may be a bunch that I've missed.

Anyway, here are the newest batch:

Assassins--referred to as "the movie w/ Stallone and Julianne Moore" (Ep. 40 Judge Dredd)

220px-Assassins_ver1.jpg

Jersey Girl and Southland Tales--Honestly, these were brought up in jest, but Kevin Smith sounded like he'd be down to do them, or at least admitted that they could be done. Also, Expendables 2 (Ep. 43 Wild Wild West)

51tO0ls0mrL.jpg

large_oYcJjhtLWJbgdlQMZFrH3LFYyhH.jpg

the-expendables-2-poster2.jpg

Elektra and X-men Origins: Wolverine (Ep. 46 Barb Wire)

300px-Elektra.jpg

X-Men-Origins-Wolverine-2009-poster.jpg

I also want to say during the Secret of the Ooze episode (or mini-episode), I think Paul said about Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3 that they'd "get to it." However, it's been awhile since I listened to that episode, and I may be mis-remembering. But, fuck it. I'll include it.

Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-3.jpg

Don't forget Alex Cross from the original Sharknado episode. I also think there was another Tyler Perry movie that Scott Aukerman had watched prior to the second Sharknado episode.

• Like 1

I don't think there's a single thing worth talking about as far as "Elektra" is concerned. It may be one of the most boring, generic, uninteresting action films that I've ever seen in a theater.

• Like 1

"Jacob's Ladder" gets brought up a bit whenever someone hypothesizes "What if this was some crazy dream?" or "What if they really died when ___________ happened, and the rest is all just happening in their mind?". I haven't seen it in forever and feel like they may as well do an episode, or at the very least address the reference in a mini ep or something.

I was going to ask, how many times will Jason bring up the words "You mean like a Jacob's ladder scenario?" during the review of Jacob's ladder?*

*Assuming live episode, of course.

• Like 2

I remember him saying that too. we should of called this list, Scheer's picks. like in blockbuster video. Ohh well.

I think they mentioned Swordfish in the Sharknado 2 episode. At least that's the first mention I seem to have stumbled upon.

Ilarge_5uifV0eHReoqT39q3QvU3ZxrJLS.jpg

This poster is hilarious -- "Oh, I gotta see that, I loved the little girl from E.T.!"

• Like 2