🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 396 - The Intern Challenge

You're thinking of the show Transparent

I'm pretty sure you both mean Meet the Parents.

• Like 1

not particularly fond of the blatant human rights violation of huebel eating sam's only snackables.

• Like 1

Wait, Scott mentioned making a Gabe Kaplan reference in a future episode on Monday too, so which came first? Also does anyone know if it was actually Judge Judy?

Wait, Scott mentioned making a Gabe Kaplan reference in a future episode on Monday too, so which came first?

Today's catchphrase was written on the 12th and Monday's catchphrase was written on the 15th. Also Scott is an established Time Lord. Why hasn't The Time Keeper brought that up?

• Like 1

Today's catchphrase was written on the 12th and Monday's catchphrase was written on the 15th. Also Scott is an established Time Lord. Why hasn't The Time Keeper brought that up?

He's just a guy!

• Like 1

Great, great episode, even if we didn't get any discussion of whether Huebel played the antagonist in I Love You Man.

Possibly my favorite line ever which got absolutely zero acknowledgment - "We need a bigger trick."

• Like 3

Now that Wompler isn't an intern do you think that means she'll be on the show more?

• Like 2

So, i'm at minute 26, and i still don't know how much money Rob Huebel makes. I thought this show was all about transparency.

But what number is he on the call sheet?

Felt like an ep of Talkin' Tang minus J-Dawg.

That's "Talkin' 'Tang," with the two apostrophes making the shape of a bosom. J-Dawg would be disappointed.

• Like 3

Wait, Scott mentioned making a Gabe Kaplan reference in a future episode on Monday too, so which came first? Also does anyone know if it was actually Judge Judy?

I'm guessing there's a third ep with a whole Kaplan segment, that is yet to be released. The last two eps were recorded after that one. Maybe on Monday we'll hear all about Gabe. Wait...Gabe...G-A-B-E...4 letters...4 Washington Lane! The next clue is at the White House!

• Like 4

...annnd sound speeds.

So glad Gabrus got a special shout out on the Best Of's, you can tell from the past but it's even more prevalent in this one just how much Scott loves having him on. He's so ridiculously effortless.

Also, Reno 911, Never Forget....

• Like 3

so Scott keeps teasing something about Gabe Kaplan, and then he mentioned that he's going to announce the new bandleader on Monday's ep. I don't think it takes a genius detective to deduce that Gabe Kaplan is the new bandleader.

kaplanupyournoseps_zpsmf8ea5am.jpg

• Like 10

Jessica breaking character at 48:45 was hilarious, she barely caught herself

Yes! This was the one true intern challenge, resisting the urge to break character when asked about your real life, and Jessica BLEW IT. Gino forever!

• Like 2

God, Jon Gabrus is a fucking standout performer every time. I know Scott praised him effusively in one of the Best Of episodes, but I just want to express my appreciation for his comedy. He has this character that could be so cliche or cruel or low-brow, but he turns Gino Lombardo into the innocent, naive, and almost sweetly earnest character that interacts with others hilariously, and just as funny when conversing with other characters as with "real" people. He makes everyone else funnier, which makes him an ideal sketch and improv performer.

May he always have enough milk to keep his weight up!

• Like 13

I love these Wompler cannon episodes. But they also make me sad because each appearance is a move towards retiring marissa from the show. One of the 'old' characters that takes me back.

Scott's completely unacknowledged string of "Gimme that pill"s was cracking me up.

Also: Scott always seems so bummed about it, but I love the new plugs closing theme, even if the future tense doesn't really make sense. It's a good song! I'm sure renowned musical artist management representative Tiny would agree.

• Like 4