🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
MattDias

Don's Plum (2001)

Please go to this website and watch this movie and please explain to me how this, even though I know this was an Indie movie, was able to be made.

The director decided to release it on the internet since he owns the rights to the movie. He included a letter to Leo about how he feels about him legally banning it in the two countries

http://freedonsplum.com/

This is the film that Leonardo DiCaprio and Tobey Maguire were ashamed to being in, and they successfully sued to prevent this from coming out in the USA and Canada.

I just found out about this and watched it with some friends. All I could think was how badly HDTGM needs to do this movie.

According to Maguire and DiCaprio they thought the film was only going to be shown at festivals and never formally released, this was apparently also a part of their contract with the director, who was paying them each less than $600/day. Then when Titanic became huge and then it was announced that Maguire was signed on to play Spider-Man and that led to the director looking for distribution, which sent both actors into a frenzy. From what I've heard about the movie it's your stereotypical 90s indie flick with no real plot or pacing and shot in black & white. There were rumors that Leo didn't want it shown because his character said he was bisexual and got nude in the movie, but that wasn't the case for either scenario, apparently it's just a bad movie.

Sign in to follow this