πŸ”’ The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... Γ—
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 9 β€” R.I.P. Michael Jackson

While the death of Michael Jackson put a damper on the comedy community, Scott Aukerman bravely decided to do his show anyways, if nothing else than to put a smiling face on all the grievers and mourners out there. I'm pretty sure he wasn't expecting a visit from the ghost of Michael Jackson himself. To round out the table (if that's an expression) Scott has topical comedy genius Neil Hamburger and friend of Michael Jackson's, R.O. Manse join in to voice their condolences. Dax Shepard co-hosts this beautiful tribute to a lost legend.

I don't have a problem in general in poking fun about a recently deceased celebrity, but this felt much just for the sake in making it while the rest of the media is still mourning instead of delivering clever jokes about it. I think this episode didn't age well. Didn't care much for the guests either.

Β 

Β 

001. #006 Doing Laundry with Sarah (Silverman, Benson, Gelman, Kremer)

002. #001 Welcome to Comedy Bang Bang (Huebel, Lennon, Benson)

003. #007 Double Co-Hosts (Tompkins, Rust, SklarΒ², Benson)

004. #008 The New Doctor Demento (Yankovic, Scheer, Benson)

005. #002 Reggaeton Soundboard (Ansari, Nealon, Benson)

006. #003 Never Date a "Brown" (Behrendt, Clarke, Thune)

007. #009 R.I.P. Michael Jackson (Shepard, Pope, Hamburger, Tompkins)

008. #005 Guest Host JImmy Pardo (Gilmartin, Bamford, Garfunkel & Oates, Belknap, Francis, Benson)

009. #004 Special Nerdist Edition (Hardwick, Mira, Phirman, Benson)

Angelenos were in mourning. Scott and Neil were just grieving by perilously mocking a creep whose faults were expected to be forgotten at the moment he died from the drugs he was insisting on having pumped into his veins.

Just listened to this. I think this episode aged wonderfully.

Any idea why R.O. Manse's biggest hit (Ladyboy) was cut out from the podcast? Would love to have him back on 'cast, maybe he could come back and perform with S.E. Duction.

Sign in to follow this