🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
DainMiller

Episode 397 - My Silly Moss Man

“Weird Al” Yankovic joins Scott as a special co-host and to make a verymajor announcement on this week’s Comedy Bang! Bang! Child actress Dimples also visits the studio to talk about her new show “My Silly Step-Sister,” her foley artist work, and her dark home life. Then, spokesperson Cody Calavera stops by to raise awareness on what it means to be a “Moss Man.”

• Like 2

New CBBTV band leader announcement? I better get to work as soon as possible so I can hear this. Is it Thedge? I hope it's Thedege.

• Like 3

New CBBTV band leader announcement? I better get to work as soon as possible so I can hear this. Is it Thedge? I hope it's Thedege.

I'd take Bonobos, Adam Clay 2000 lbs, or Larry Mullen Sr.'s son too. The smart money is on Gabe Kaplan.

• Like 4

Nope! Just one Weirdo Al Yankovic.

Can't, but will, wait to see him on the show and have Scott call him a piece of shit every episode! I think that he brings on a very different kind of energy from Cudi and Reggie and it's interesting to see how that works on the show .

• Like 2

Nope! Just one Weirdo Al Yankovic.

Can't, but will, wait to see him on the show and have Scott call him a piece of shit every episode! I think that he brings on a very different kind of energy from Cudi and Reggie and it's interesting to see how that works on the show .

I'm pretty thrilled about this. Between growing up with Al's music and growing old with Scott's comedy, I can't imagine a better combination.

• Like 6

yes! i can't wait to see some UHF style teevee antics.

also, lapkus and wengert, together again (for the first time? [nope.])!

implying that Scott's comedy is getting old is an interesting gambit

I meant that I'm growing older, with Scott's comedy as the soundtrack to my life, which Al's comedy was when I was younger. I could certainly never tire of ol' Scott.

• Like 3

implying that Scott's comedy is getting old is an interesting gambit

I don't think that's what he meant, at least I hope not... I'd have to take back my like.

Edit: I see miketheninja explained himself before I was finished posting!

I can't believe Weird Al, one of my childhood heroes, is going to be the band leader for the upcoming season of CBBTV! I loved Reggie and Cudi, but I'm more excited for the show than ever! I feel like it's going to reach a whole new level in both the in-studio stuff and the skits.

Lauren and Joe never disappoint with their characters! Part of me knew that the moss man was just a closeted swamp thing, but also for awhile I was starting to suspect he might be Satan. I don't know why, I guess the biblical stuff, being around for eternity (3,000 years?), and the fact that he's so sneaky. I wonder how many LL characters we can get on that pile of dead bodies before the end of the year.

• Like 3

I can't believe Scott said words I wrote and that Weirdo "Al" processed those vibrations with his ear drum and synthesized the data with his brain. I refuse to believe it!

• Like 6

Holy shit, when Dimples started describing how she used her toilet... around her dad, I was laughing so hard I couldn't open my eyes. It was like I was going into hilarity convulsions.

C+ ep.

• Like 1

So, it's not Gabe Kaplan? Goddamnit. Sigh. I guess The Vicar of Yanks will have to do.

• Like 3

For a minute there, I thought Comedy Band Band was going to be hosted by Weirdo Al with Weirder Scott as the bandleader.

And did anybody else notice that all the songs played on this episode kept playing in the background? I thought it was because I was sleep deprived, but it happened during plugs too.

I came to see where everybody was on the Venn diagram of Weird Al fan + CBB fan, and I am not surprised to find that there are plenty of us in that middle section! Weird Al (he was Weird Al back then) was my first concert ever, and CBB (in both podcast and television form) is my favorite content-provider! Hooray!!!!

• Like 2

I can't believe Scott said words I wrote and that Weirdo "Al" processed those vibrations with his ear drum and synthesized the data with his brain. I refuse to believe it!

You'll believe it once Scott sends his congratulatory nude selfie, as is his custom for catchphrase writers.

• Like 2

So excited by the announcement, I was just talking the other day to someone about how much I love the rapport between Scott and Weirdo Al on his various appearances on the podcast and show.

Also was glad to hear they're going with a version of the Watts theme, Cudi's theme was great but I kind of like having versions of the same theme song as a point of connection between the podcast and the TV show.

This combination is so perfect that I wonder if it's *too* perfect. Sometimes combining two perfect things doesn't result in a third perfect thing, like combining newborn babies and fruity pebbles.

• Like 3

That was a repeat plugs theme, from The Holiday Womptacular! Not complaining, it's one of the best!

I meant that I'm growing older, with Scott's comedy as the soundtrack to my life, which Al's comedy was when I was younger. I could certainly never tire of ol' Scott.

WOW.

SLAM on Scotty Auks. You just won't let up. :-S

• Like 5