🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
DainMiller

Episode 397 - My Silly Moss Man

I love how Scott can't help but drop the "Side by Side" bit on the poor Vicar of Yanks. Looks like Al has some CBB lore to brush up on....

This combination is so perfect that I wonder if it's *too* perfect. Sometimes combining two perfect things doesn't result in a third perfect thing, like combining newborn babies and fruity pebbles.

What a weirdly defeatist attitude to take at an announcement like this. Maybe it's just me but for me, four TV appearances and ten podcast appearances are evidence enough that Scott and Al are a combination that works pretty well...

I was excited with the talk of Simpsons couch gags but then I look at the pictures, and Mr Al is just sitting there. Granted his eyes were open kind of wide but thats not much of a gag.

• Like 1

Being the most excited about Wengert seeing this line-up proves how much of a Joe Wengert fanboy I am

• Like 5

Why does everyone hate Kid Cudi's new album so much btw, I think it's pretty brilliant

• Like 1

Why does everyone hate Kid Cudi's new album so much btw, I think it's pretty brilliant

I've only listened to it a couple of times. I like it and don't mind his new direction much, but that being said I wouldn't mind a return to the MOTM style Cudi. I know it's insane to expect an artist to keep doing the same thing and not grow and change, but I can't help but prefer him as a rapper. I'm seeing him this weekend so I'd better brush up on that new album some more.

Scott must be so relieved to finally have a band leader the same color as him, it's only gonna make him that much better on the show.

Scott must be so relieved to finally have a band leader the same color as him, it's only gonna make him that much better on the show.

#CBBsowhite

• Like 4

Weirdo Al takes the 'O' from Dr Demento and suddenly has tenure as bandleader on a weekly talkshow. Well played sir.

ALL-STAR LINE-UP!

Part of me knew that the moss man was just a closeted swamp thing, but also for awhile I was starting to suspect he might be Satan. I don't know why, I guess the biblical stuff, being around for eternity (3,000 years?), and the fact that he's so sneaky.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who's been conditioned by Joe's appearances to try to figure out what existing character he's playing.

I'm also glad that Lauren appeared again so soon after the last Todd episode so that they could do a call-back to the whip, the carrot, and the Nae-Nae.

• Like 2

I like that they haven't got rid of Todd's Bod.

RIP

So wait, what duck was Joe Wengert supposed to be in this episode?

• Like 4

I like that they haven't got rid of Todd's Bod.

RIP

Between Todd, Dimples' dad and Reardon's grandmother not a lot of coroner work being done

• Like 5

I came to see where everybody was on the Venn diagram of Weird Al fan + CBB fan, and I am not surprised to find that there are plenty of us in that middle section! Weird Al (he was Weird Al back then) was my first concert ever, and CBB (in both podcast and television form) is my favorite content-provider! Hooray!!!!

Not my first concert, unfortunately, but Weird Al has the distinction of putting out the first cassette I ever bought with my own money (The Food Album) and the first CD (Bad Hair Day), probably with allowance or leftover Christmas card cash. I believe I was in grade 2 and then grade 4.

I can't overstate enough how excited I am to have him as the band leader / co-host of CBBTV. I can't wait to see what antics him and Scott get up to!

You'll believe it once Scott sends his congratulatory nude selfie, as is his custom for catchphrase writers.

I can confirm, this isn't a joke. Apparently The Voblex has a whole wall dedicated to those photos, put together in a very tasteful collage.

did sam ever check on who angrily knocked on the door?

I got the impression it was Wengert coming in too early, and you can hear a lighter knock a little bit later. Maybe it was PFT hoping to stop in as Jarles. In any case, I'd also love to know if there's an explanation.

• Like 2

did sam ever check on who angrily knocked on the door?

I got the impression it was Wengert coming in too early, and you can hear a lighter knock a little bit later. Maybe it was PFT hoping to stop in as Jarles. In any case, I'd also love to know if there's an explanation.

I don't think any of us will sleep until the knockers are caught and exposed on these very boards

• Like 4

Apparently The Voblex has a whole wall dedicated to those photos, put together in a very tasteful collage.

I don't mean to brag but I've received way more nude pics from Scott than that guy.

• Like 4

if they play your plugs theme, engineer cody sends you a blurry picture of his butt

• Like 3