๐Ÿ”’ The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ร—
DanEngler

Ask Paul!

There's a documentary called Room Full of Spoons all about The Room and revealing some of the mystery behind Tommy Wiseau. It's premiering in Madrid this weekend. There's a really interesting article on HuffPo about it:

ย 

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/tommy-wiseau-origin_us_56a11990e4b0d8cc1098fdb8

ย 

My question is: do you think it's possible to delve "too far" into these bad movies? Like, is there a point where it just kind of ruins the fun? Have there been any movies yet where you've gone too far down the rabbit hole and then been like, "Well, that was kind of disappointing to find out"?

Hey Paul,

ย 

Happy (belated) Birthday!

ย 

giphy.gif

ย 

I hope June and your son did right by you!

ย 

Two questions:

ย 

1) What did you get?

2) You share the same birthday as my father, are you--or have you ever been--my father?

ย 

Sincerely though, I hope you had a wonderful day!

• Like 4

ย 

She saw it and she leaned over to me during the movie and said, "I love BB8"

She was pleased with his mission after I explained it.

This makes me incredibly happy, thank you!

ย 

giphy.gif

• Like 8

Hey Paul! Listened to today's minisode and heard you say you'd like to do a reddit ama. I moderate the Earwolf subreddit, and would love to have you do an AMA on there!

ย 

You can either tweet me @Leprechaun_Leon or message me on here for more details, but we can absolutely do one on there.

ย 

Contact me if you're interested Paul! We'd love to have you on there!

Paul,

ย 

Personal question here. How do you and June maintain your work-life balance? I imagine that acting and comedy calls for a lot of unconventional scheduling, and that can be difficult with a new kid in the mix.

ย 

On a related note, do you guys use a daycare? Is it awkward running into other parents who recognize you from TV/movies?

Hello Paul!

ย 

A few episodes back someone said that the unaired "Old Dogs" Pilot episode with Scott Aukerman as Guest was going to drop soon... Did I miss it or is it going to be available via Howl???

ย 

Thank you for your time and I hope this message finds you well!

What would you and June do if your son grew up to be a Pluto Nash enthusiast?

ย 

I'd know definitely that Eddie Murphy slept with June.

• Like 4

Paul, do you write the copy for the sponsors or do they send you copy?

ย 

They tell me the lines I have to say like the "call to action" but for the most part depending on the company, I can do whatever I want. I have been told not to invoke murderering someone in an ad read.

• Like 5

Hello Paul!

ย 

A few episodes back someone said that the unaired "Old Dogs" Pilot episode with Scott Aukerman as Guest was going to drop soon... Did I miss it or is it going to be available via Howl???

ย 

ย 

I'll ask about that.

• Like 4

Paul,

ย 

Personal question here. How do you and June maintain your work-life balance? I imagine that acting and comedy calls for a lot of unconventional scheduling, and that can be difficult with a new kid in the mix.

ย 

Yup. We have some amazing help!

ย 

ย 

On a related note, do you guys use a daycare? Is it awkward running into other parents who recognize you from TV/movies?

ย 

We don't Day Care but we will Pre-School...I normally wear a Ronald Reagan mask so it's fine.

• Like 4

Hey Paul,

ย 

Happy (belated) Birthday!

ย 

giphy.gif

ย 

I hope June and your son did right by you!

ย 

Two questions:

ย 

1) What did you get?

I got an awesome party that June threw me.

ย 

2) You share the same birthday as my father, are you--or have you ever been--my father?

Yes and Please come home Son

• Like 6

There's a documentary called Room Full of Spoons all about The Room and revealing some of the mystery behind Tommy Wiseau. It's premiering in Madrid this weekend. There's a really interesting article on HuffPo about it:

ย 

http://www.huffingto...4b0d8cc1098fdb8

ย 

My question is: do you think it's possible to delve "too far" into these bad movies? Like, is there a point where it just kind of ruins the fun? Have there been any movies yet where you've gone too far down the rabbit hole and then been like, "Well, that was kind of disappointing to find out"?

ย 

As someone who is in the James Franco "The Room" movie, the more I know the better it gets!

• Like 7

Hey Paul!

ย 

I'm wondering if you've checked out Tommy Wiseau's sit-com "The Neighbors"? It's on HULU and it is just as batshit crazy as "The Room" maybe more so. Tommy seems to be creating this from a new-found position of self-awareness(?) which adds another layer of bananas to the whole affair. The continuation of scene transitions generated from the phrase "I gotta go" with no quaifier continues and the phrase "what a day" is used to button scenes without resolution. It's truly awesome.

ย 

Even though it's a 6 ep series, probably too long for a single HDTGM, I think the 32 minute first ep would generate an amazing discussion with you, Zouks, & June. I'd love to hear you guys riff on this madness.

ย 

Cheers.

Hey Paul!

ย 

I'm wondering if you've checked out Tommy Wiseau's sit-com "The Neighbors"? It's on HULU and it is just as batshit crazy as "The Room" maybe more so. Tommy seems to be creating this from a new-found position of self-awareness(?) which adds another layer of bananas to the whole affair. The continuation of scene transitions generated from the phrase "I gotta go" with no quaifier continues and the phrase "what a day" is used to button scenes without resolution. It's truly awesome.

ย 

Even though it's a 6 ep series, probably too long for a single HDTGM, I think the 32 minute first ep would generate an amazing discussion with you, Zouks, & June. I'd love to hear you guys riff on this madness.

ย 

Cheers.

I'm not Paul, but I wanted to add that I went to a screening of The Room that was preceded by a Q&A with Tommy Wiseau and a screening of the first episode of The Neighbors. I felt bad because he was so proud of it, but the only part everyone liked was the catchy musical interlude during establishing shots of apartment complex. Fortunately, that comes up about every 45 seconds.

• Like 1

I have the Neighbors on DVD and am shocked by how much it makes The Room look like Citizen Kane. I honestly think that this show is basically all of the other apartments that we didn't see in The Room and the various side stories that Tommy couldn't figure out how to squeeze into the movie.

• Like 1

Where do I find out what movies will be talked about at the live shows? I want to be prepared.

Where do I find out what movies will be talked about at the live shows? I want to be prepared.

Paul usually mentions it when he talks about live shows in the minisodes. Otherwise, they often post it on Facebook or Twitter.

i ask this as a man whos hair is retreating towards the rear of his head at an alarming rate:

ย 

a good few years ago my dad cut half his baby finger off when he was cutting a neighbours hedge but even to this day he claims he sometimes gets a "phantom itch" and can feel the missing finger tip. is this the same with hair. do bald people sometimes feel like their now missing hair is getting onto their face? ... i only ask cause....

ย 

scz628.jpg

ย 

sorry .. now for the serious question. when you were on the Pardcast-a-Thon, which was hilarious, was that all improv? i really enjoyed it but i have no idea how ye do it.

i ask this as a man whos hair is retreating towards the rear of his head at an alarming rate:

ย 

a good few years ago my dad cut half his baby finger off when he was cutting a neighbours hedge but even to this day he claims he sometimes gets a "phantom itch" and can feel the missing finger tip. is this the same with hair. do bald people sometimes feel like their now missing hair is getting onto their face? ... i only ask cause....

ย 

scz628.jpg

ย 

sorry .. now for the serious question. when you were on the Pardcast-a-Thon, which was hilarious, was that all improv? i really enjoyed it but i have no idea how ye do it.

ย 

ย 

Bald people can still scratch their head or gesticulate -- which is what I believe that GIF is showing and Yes that was all made up -

• Like 4

I'm not Paul, but I wanted to add that I went to a screening of The Room that was preceded by a Q&A with Tommy Wiseau and a screening of the first episode of The Neighbors. I felt bad because he was so proud of it, but the only part everyone liked was the catchy musical interlude during establishing shots of apartment complex. Fortunately, that comes up about every 45 seconds.

Honestly I can't bear the the neighbors -- He was in on the joke at that point. The Room is perfect because he thought he was doing something very different than what he made and I'd argue that is why it is great, just like Birdemic

• Like 4

Hello Paul!

ย 

ย 

ย 

No one can find it. We looked hard for it

• Like 2