🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
DanEngler

Ask Paul!

Paul did you know that Lin-Manuel Miranda played Reggie, the gay botanist in The Life of Timmothy Green. Know you love Hamilton and what Lin-Manuel has done but did you see that cameo in, possibly, the most debated/ best movie reviewed on the show thus far?

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0592135/

Thoughts/ Comments

Seth Scobes

Hello Paul,

I'm a relatively recent disciple to the church of HDTGM, since I discovered your amazing show I've been systematically going through the archives from start to finish. I recently listened to the 'Winter's Tale' episode (#83), and I just had to let you know about your freakishly amazing perception. You suggested that Russell Crowe may in fact have 'Marlon Brando Disease', a horrible infliction that effects a once fine actor, and leads to increasingly poor movie acting choices the older they get. To quote you and Jason from the episode:

Paul: "He’s got Marlon Brando disease."

Jason: "Oh my god I didn’t know! Oh my god, no! Oh gosh now I feel terrible that we’re making fun of him. I didn’t know he has MBD."

Paul: "Yeah, he has MBD."

Jason: "He has MBD full-blown?"

Paul: "Full-blownsie."

Jason: "Oh no."

Paul: "Yeah, it’s not looking good, he’s gonna make a lot of bad choices for the rest of his career."

It would appear that Russell Crowe has in fact suffered from this debilitating condition since before his acting career even began.......I can't find this ever having been brought up before in these forums, so, my question to you is:

- Did you know that in the 1980's, at about age 18, Russell Crowe released a series of songs under the stage name 'RUSS Le ROQ'? One of the singles was called: 'I Just Wanna Be Like Marlon Brando'.

Don't believe me? Here's an image of the single:

Russ%20Le%20Roq%201.jpg?1466234834642&1466234835556

Although it would appear that Russ has done his best to hide it, this information is all over the internet (including of course his Wikipedia page), I could not make this up if I wanted to. Want to listen to the single anyone? Here's the link for that: (my apologies in advance)

So Paul, you were more correct than you could have possibly known about Mr Crowe and his full-blown Marlon Brando Disease. It's so sad, I doubt they'll ever find a cure.......

• Like 1

Did you know that in the 1980's, at about age 18, Russell Crowe released a series of songs under the stage name 'RUSS Le ROQ'? One of the singles was called: 'I Just Wanna Be Like Marlon Brando'.

This fact is much more interesting that the actual song, which is not surprising if you've got a passing familiarity with the guy's music. He had a slightly popular band called "30 Odd Foot of Grunts", which yes, is one of the worst band names ever. I know this because my boss's wife is a huge fan and even has a towel Crowe used to wipe his sweat at a concert.

For some reason I always get Russell Crowe and Colin Farrell mixed up, but then I remember only one of them has a sweaty towel framed in my boss's house.

• Like 2

He had a slightly popular band called "30 Odd Foot of Grunts", which yes, is one of the worst band names ever.

Indeed....and in 2005, '30 Odd Foot of Grunts' as a group dissolved and morphed into his new band 'The Ordinary Fear Of God'. You will notice his new band name has exactly the same acronym as his previous one....presumably so Russell could keep peddling the mountainous piles of unsold T.O.F.O.G merchandise that undoubtedly exist, and lay dormant in a warehouse somewhere.

Paul, what a delight to see you on Grace & Frankie. In this scene below, were you trying to point to your name badge to emphasize "Kyle"? Not sure if pointing to the empty space on the other side of your chest was on purpose, but it cracked me up so much.

0rseKWL.png?2

• Like 1

Paul, can you please do an episode where you just tell stories about your days working at Blockbuster?

As a former video store employee myself (VideoEzy here in Australia) I would love to hear more of your stories.

Maybe a minisode dedicated to it?

Thanks

Paul what does June think of the bun man hair style that all the stoners are now wearing?

June seems like a lady of taste and style so that's the only reason I ask.

Was at this shopping mall the other day and this guy walked by and two ladys walked by him and then, the two lady's turned heads as he walked by and both of them started to laugh and in return that made me laugh also as i as watched all of this take place in the car. reminded me of this song.

- Lou Reed

http://forum.earwolf...post__p__215659

can we get supercuts to sponsor the show?

Paul, what a delight to see you on Grace & Frankie. In this scene below, were you trying to point to your name badge to emphasize "Kyle"? Not sure if pointing to the empty space on the other side of your chest was on purpose, but it cracked me up so much.

0rseKWL.png?2

Yes, that was me making what we like to call in the biz "a joke".

• Like 6

More HDTGM shirts. I want more. Do you have a repository of older versions still waiting to be purchased? If so, I've got some skrilla to throw your way.

Onward!

Paul- Do you know anyone in MEMPHIS that wants to HDTGM with me? I just moved here and I don't have one friend. Please tell your friend that my normal routine is to watch the movie and then the podcast immediately after. I enjoy people with naturally high morals but aren't afraid to break the rules every once in awhile. I would agree to provide snacks every OTHER time. (not popcorn)

Thanks-

(not cats)

• Like 1

Yes, that was me making what we like to call in the biz "a joke".

Aw, I should've asked if that was in the script or if you came up with it.

• Like 1

Aw, I should've asked if that was in the script or if you came up with it.

I knew what you meant, but I think the answer you got was better than a straight one about the question you meant.

• Like 1

Paul, are you aware that Stewart Raffill who directed Mac & Me and Mannequin Two also made a little movie called "Tammy and the T-Rex" starring Denise Richards, Paul Walker AND Terry Kiser? Basically Terry Kiser plays a scientist who steals Paul Walker's brain and hooks it up to an animatronic T-Rex, bringing it to life. A bunch of crazy, crazy stuff happens and in the end the T-Rex gets killed and suddenly Paul Walker's brain is hooked up to a camcorder in Denise Richards' room and she does a PG striptease for him and he cums and that is how the movie ends.

You guys should really be more forthcoming when there are spoilers about to be dropped. Over the weekend, I had "I Know Who Killed Me" ruined by you guys. Ruined!

Paul, why does everyone go "apeshit" (pun intended) over the ending of the original "Planet of the Apes"? Of course he was on Earth the whole time! THE FREAKING APE PEOPLE SPEAK ENGLISH!!! Taylor (Charlton Heston's character) is supposed to be on another planet, yet never once questions why the inhabitants of that planet, who are also another species entirely, speak his native tongue. Just something that's been bugging me all week since you mentioned why Kristy Swanson speaks and understands English in "Mannequin 2".

• Like 1

Taylor - I'll ask about Man Buns in the mini

Who the Hell is taylor? LOL

season 6 of shameless "worlds worst bar scene" has a great example.

Sorry I think i may of phoned that one in to ass paul, notsure,

not all that clear headed right now.

Did you and June get the light up cup that made her laugh so hard? (From you Doughboys episode). If not, I feel like that would be a good anniversary present...

Paul, if a person was to send t-shirts for yourself, Jason and June in a care package, what size would would that hypothetical person send?

• Like 1

Do you ever decide to see a movie based on its setting alone? For example, I'll see any movie that takes place on a plane or in a mall.

I'm curious if Jason fully endorses Totino's Pizza rolls, if so I'll definitely have to buy me some (who am I kidding, I'm going to buy some anyway)

Paul, do you and June have any favorite frozen snacks that you'd like to endorse?