🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 398 - Prayer Orgy

A very treasured special guest who shall not be named joins Scott to do some vocal exercises, play a game of "False or True?", and to talk about departing The Daily Show for her new TBS show Full Frontal with Samantha Bee. Later, entrepreneurs Craig and Ron Bieber of the very famous Bieber family stop by to workshop their commercial jingles.

Samantha Bee used to be Traci Reardon?

• Like 13

Racy intro: Life began when Adams collided? I thought this wasn't that kind of show. Gonna cling to my Bible and guns even harder tonight!

• Like 4

Only listened to the first segment so far, but it was surprisingly unsatisfying and frustrating that Bee was never introduced. haha I needed that closure and never got it

• Like 2

The Biebers were like a cross between Gill and George and The Bachelor Bros (babe!). I loved the character segment!

• Like 2

I was wondering if I recognised Ryan Gaul from somewhere; he was America Ferrara's husband on last week's Superstore. That's a fun show.

• Like 1

I was wondering if I recognised Ryan Gaul from somewhere; he was America Ferrara's husband on last week's Superstore. That's a fun show.

That is a fun show.

• Like 4

I've been WAITING for an episode where they just don't introduce the guest.

Also I really hope False or True reoccurs and they use that same rockin' themesong.

• Like 5

Interesting observation: Scott thought the old closing up the plug bag theme was too long, but the new one is nearly as long already! By my count, the old theme was 25 seconds, while the new one is 20 seconds

Interesting observation: Scott thought the old closing up the plug bag theme was too long, but the new one is nearly as long already! By my count, the old theme was 25 seconds, while the new one is 20 seconds

You also have to factor in the time it takes to explain why an opening song is playing at the end of the segment. It's probably closer to 35 seconds at best.

• Like 2

i'm not sure why, but i love the low-key silliness of this episode.

none of the bits went anywhere and it was fantastic.

-an in-depth discussion of interest rates and denominations of canadian moneys.

-a brilliant plugs theme.

-callback to "is dick francis a horse?

-borat

• Like 3

Really fun episode!

Two jokes that I was expecting Scott to make, and he didn't:

- Discussing an hour split in twain, a "Never the Twains Shall Meet" reference

- When it was revealed that one of the Biebers is 3'11", a reference to the band 311

• Like 8

The bit with Samantha Bee talking about stealing cars reminded me of when I first started listening to Comedy Bang Bang and I wasn't always sure what was a bit and what was real because of how deadpan Scott is. It seemed so outlandish, but she gave so many details that I actually went and looked it up, and it seems legit!

From the description of this NPR interview (http://www.npr.org/t...oryId=127217785) from 2010:

In her new memoir,I Know I Am, But What Are You? Bee details her journey from young Canadian comic to correspondent for The Daily Show. She describes her teenage years stealing cars, her love affair with Jesus Christ and her early work in a touring children's show -- one of many jobs she took while trying to start her comedy career

What's funny is I got the feeling that Scott thought she was just playing along and making it up as well, and gradually realized it was true as the story got more and more detailed. At one point he said something like "This is the most insane story anyone's ever told here," which was when I felt like I wasn't sure what was real anymore.

• Like 4

Samantha Bee is great, always wondered why she hadn't been on the show. As suspected it was a natural fit, totally up for any bit.

I like from the Best Of's with PFT that Scott comes back in the New Year with references that only listeners will understand yet seemingly hopeful a guest will latch on.

At this point I'd rather not know if Dick Francis was a horse or not.

• Like 1

What a great interview! "This is the craziest story anyone's ever told on this show." That's awesome! Sincere interviews can be great. Hope CBB does more straight-up interviews like this!

Sign in to follow this