🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 399 - Trump vs. Bernie

Legendary comedian Gilbert Gottfried shares stories from his early days of doing stand-up at the age of 15 to his days at Saturday Night Live to his stint on Alan Thicke's late night talk show Thicke of the Night and much more as he joins Scott on a new Comedy Bang! Bang! Gilbert and Scott also chat with Presidential candidates Donald Trump and Bernie Sanders as they stop by during their 2016 Debate Tour of the country. Check out if the Trump Vs. Bernie tour is coming to a city near you @ www.trumpvsbernie.com!

This episode was as great as having to shop for a mattress every day is terrible.

Do you think Gilbert had a good time? He's so cagey.

• Like 1

Thicke Of The Night theme song, hilariously released as a single in 1984. Inferior to Gottfried's rendition, in my opinion.

[media='']

[/media]
  • Like 4

Good news -- Miley Cyrus was 16 when Gilbert filmed the episode of "Hannah Montana" so it's a good thing he didn't cop to totally jerking it.

• Like 7

That might have been the best 9/11 joke Scott has ever made.

Even better than the last time he made it? ;)

There was a good amount of cringe from Gilbert but I liked this episode. Adomian /Atamanuik are stellar, missed that Wario background cackle.

• Like 4

Has Scott actually made that joke before? Because I thought that was genius.

Either way, Scott seems especially on it this episode. Gilbert is not my favorite, but it's great despite that. No complaints here.

• Like 1

I actually kind of loved how Gilbert kept derailing things by bringing up old sitcom episodes. It shows what good improvisers James & Anthony are that they were still able to play off what Gilbert was saying.

• Like 10

He can still make me laugh, but Gilbert reminded me of the cliche misogynist/racist older relative everyone has. While I believe some of it is him doing "taboo is funny" schtick, I also felt other moments were genuine. It was the genuine moments that made me cringe. Still a great bbbbbooonussssssss ep. So nice to hear Jimmy A. again.

• Like 3

I honestly wish someone else was playing Gilbert as a character because then it would be genius. His constant derailing was actually pretty rude, but it happened to be hilarious because no one let it annoy them. Honestly, this episode was hilariously entertaining because of how they constantly worked around his idiocy. The short awkward silence following his off-color Jew comment was palpable, though.

• Like 4

Gilbert's laughing so hard at things is making me cringe. BUT, I am hopeful for the rest of the ep.

• Like 3

maybe it's just me, but for me, I think that this wasn't Scott's favorite episode

• Like 2

I really liked Bernie and Trump on this episode, both of them were hilarious (great to hear Adomian back on the show!). I also found the opening interview very interesting and funny, but maybe it's just me, but for me, the couple vaguely racist comments Gilbert made during the character segment were a bit of a spicy meatball. Also, it's not that kind of a show.

I think after those Hannah Montana comments CBB is officially -that- kind of a show until forever.

Yeah, there were few things said in this episode which cemented it as a -that- kind of a show. In addition to the Hannah Montana comment: Trump fucking/marrying his own daughter and Cosby watching Thick of the night while raping some poor women.

I honestly wish someone else was playing Gilbert as a character because then it would be genius. His constant derailing was actually pretty rude, but it happened to be hilarious because no one let it annoy them. Honestly, this episode was hilariously entertaining because of how they constantly worked around his idiocy. The short awkward silence following his off-color Jew comment was palpable, though.

I think it is incorrect to expect that every guest that comes on the show is going to get how the flow of the program works. I think the other guests were just appreciative of Gilbert being Gilbert and so they were rolling with it. Maybe it was just them being professional but I heard a lot of genuine laughs out of them at Gilbert's material/antics. Anyways I enjoyed it and I think they had fun making it, enjoying the challenge that Gilbert was bringing to the table.

• Like 18

Maybe it's just me but for me this was a great ep. I don't get how some people didn't like Gottfried, he's of a different era (and comedic flavor) but he's still a great contribution to the podcast. Above all, I'm just glad Adomian is on after IT'S BEEN A WHILEEEE.

• Like 10

For some classic Gottfried trolling, one of his best appearances on Stern:

Derailing is Gilbert's whole thing. He wasn't being rude at all, Scott knew exactly what he was getting into with Gilbert. It's not a polite conversation over tea.

• Like 17

"i have a hard time seeing how donald trump's worldview is any different form the old contra video game"

• Like 8