🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 399 - Trump vs. Bernie

Cosby watching Thick of the night while raping some poor women.

That prompted the most epic Adomian cackle

• Like 11

James Adomian is a national treasure. I'll listen to/watch anything he, Paul F. Thompkins, and Andy Daly do. Just truly gifted comedians.

Was interesting to hear Gilbert. Made me think back to watching him on USA Up All Night. Then I thought about Rhonda Shear on USA Up All Night. Then I Googled Rhonda Shear. Then I found out she was in Playboy. 14-year-old me would be very happy.

• Like 6

Gilbert is a tornado of shit, piss and 9/11 AIDS jokes. I can't wait for this one.

If anyone wants to watch the funniest shit show of a podcast, listen to GG's two part appearance on Norm Macdonald's podcast (on the VPN network ;)

• Like 2

Gilbert and Adomian must have taken laugh pills before the show.

Gilbert took like nine.

One of the weirder episodes, with Gilbert derailing and people working blue for much of it (as previous commenters noted).

It's not often that you get all three guests doing over-the-top impressions of celebrities.

I had to keep reminding myself that wasn't someone doing a Gottfried character. I'm in the camp that enjoyed him btw.

• Like 1

Maybe it's just me but for me this was a great ep. I don't get how some people didn't like Gottfried, he's of a different era (and comedic flavor) but he's still a great contribution to the podcast. Above all, I'm just glad Adomian is on after IT'S BEEN A WHILEEEE.

He's a bit too intense for my tastes, but I do appreciate he exists for others that enjoy his style.

This episode really scratched my old references itch, which has been driving me crazy since Nerd Poker ended.

I had a feeling this one wouldn't go over great, but I loved it. The interview part was fun and interesting and of course the Trump/Bernie (TITULAR) part was great. I don't generally agree with people complaining about comedy getting "too PC", but cases like this make me feel like there's some merit to it. Gilbert says stuff that I can see people reflexively cringing at, but if you really listen, 90% of the time the target of the joke is either himself or someone like Cosby who's obviously earned it.

• Like 8

maybe it's just me, but for me, I think that this wasn't Scott's favorite episode

I'm not saying you're right or wrong, but I really dislike it when people try to gauge Scott's opinion on the show by listening and then announce how they think he feels about it on the forums. More often than not I think they themselves just didn't like the episode, and are projecting that opinion onto Scott, and basically speaking for him. Not really fair to him.

• Like 11

You nerds are soooo sensitive. Gilbert was a fun addition and it was cool of Scott to have him. I'll have to check out his podcast, which I can only assume exclusively covers Very Special Episodes of '80s and '90s sitcoms.

• Like 5

I'm surprised this one is even this controversial. Gilly knew what he was doing when he really dug into the ancient-sitcom-references game and the other guests were down for it. If it's good enough for J-Ado it's good enough for me.

However I will admit the fact that this was a bonusode week implies that Scotty Aux knew the two episodes might be a bit contrioversh...

• Like 4

Also, the old school horror fan in me really got a kick out of the Lugosi/Karloff and Roger Corman episodes of Gilbert's podcast.

• Like 2

I'm not saying you're right or wrong, but I really dislike it when people try to gauge Scott's opinion on the show by listening and then announce how they think he feels about it on the forums. More often than not I think they themselves just didn't like the episode, and are projecting that opinion onto Scott, and basically speaking for him. Not really fair to him.

You're right. That was probably a little unfair. What I should have said was - it sounded to me like there were a few moments that made Scott a little uncomfortable. But what do I know? Maybe he was very comfortable

• Like 1

This was incredible. Nothing is off limits for Gilbert, and I love it, because he still makes it funny. That's what comedy is.

Adomian gets lots of love, and rightfully so, but Atamanuik's Trump is so dead on it's scary.

• Like 8

podcasts are merging...boners popping...ju ga boo ju jam bam!

I wasted more time than I'm comfortable admitting in a first foray into GarageBand making this Thicke of the Night theme song feat. Gilbert Gottfried.

• Like 9

You nerds are soooo sensitive. Gilbert was a fun addition and it was cool of Scott to have him. I'll have to check out his podcast, which I can only assume exclusively covers Very Special Episodes of '80s and '90s sitcoms.

Gilbert's podcast is really great. He's obsessed with old Hollywood, and he's had some really great guests. He mixes it up; sometimes he has his comedian friends, and other times he has older actors from old Hollywood, or family of them or people who worked with them. Frank Santopadre is his cohost and is more of the "straight man" who keeps Gilbert on track.

• Like 1

I wasted more time than I'm comfortable admitting in a first foray into GarageBand making this Thicke of the Night theme song feat. Gilbert Gottfried.

https://www.soundclo...lbert-gottfried

gorgeous harmonies. I've heard of Simon and Garfunkel, but Simon and Gottfried?

• Like 3

Thank You Scott! This episode is a true gift. Been listening since early in the Death Ray days (death ray days...unsuccessful Wal-Mart promotion), this glorious episode compelled me to register. I hope Gilbert becomes, at the very least, an annual Bang Bang guest. Gilbert reuniting with "Alan Thicke" must happen!