🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 400 - The War on Surfing

I really enjoy Hot Dog so much. He's so positive, uninformed about most things other than water-skiing or hot dogs, and hilariously biased. But what I like most about him is that he is a character that likes himself and is just trying to make his way and achieve his dreams (which, of course are hilariously slapped down over and over again) coupled with extreme denial of how his life actually is.

The heartbreak he exhibits on his ep of the ADPPP when Sean Conroy's Sha Na Na character Slammin' Oliver tells him how life really is as a member of the band (like when he tells Hot Dog that Bowser fell to his knees and cried when their tv show was canceled) is palpablly sad, funny, and altogether an amazing piece of character improv, heightened even further when Hot Dog straight up rejects Oliver's version of events and substitutes his own reality wherein Bowser puts his whole fist in his mouth (because he can do that), then throws the tv exec out the window.

I couldn't be happier with the choice of guests for ep 400.

• Like 8

How how how how HOW is there not a Big Ups 2 PPL of All Stars and Stripes shirt?

Even with the weak Canadian Dollar Id commit treason for that...

• Like 3

My dream is to have Mantzoukas record Talkin' 'Tang with someone else playing a character as the person he just finished having sex with.

Sounds like an ep of With Special Guest... to me

• Like 6

Presale for Boston starts on the 10th, is there going to be a password for the presale?

Just going off of experience buying presale tickets to the Wilbur, you'll want to get on their email list, they send an email and in the header it will usually say something like "All Pre-sale codes: UC", and you just enter that as you try to buy. Other than that email that goes out daily or every few days, I have no idea where you would get it. I can try to come back tomorrow and update with the actual code if you're still struggling

I've been listening to the show for months, going through the archives, and plan on going to the live show in my area when the time comes, but I had to create a forum account just to express my frustration with Hot Dog. I do not understand the appeal of this character. Of the hundred-plus episodes I've listened to, the only ones I've ever had to turn off mid-way through have been the ones with him on them, and it's been EVERY episode he's been on. I just find everything about him so gratingly aggravating and boring. I am overwhelmed by anti-fun when he announces himself, and yet I'm seeing a certain amount of support for him in this forum thread. Am I alone in this?

I've been listening to the show for months, going through the archives, and plan on going to the live show in my area when the time comes, but I had to create a forum account just to express my frustration with Hot Dog. I do not understand the appeal of this character. Of the hundred-plus episodes I've listened to, the only ones I've ever had to turn off mid-way through have been the ones with him on them, and it's been EVERY episode he's been on. I just find everything about him so gratingly aggravating and boring. I am overwhelmed by anti-fun when he announces himself, and yet I'm seeing a certain amount of support for him in this forum thread. Am I alone in this?

I would say yes, as Andy Daly who plays Hot Dog is one of the best improvisers and his characters almost always bring me laughs whether its from prepared bits in character or just how he rolls with what scott and the other guest give him. I can recall dying laughing on a previous hot dog ep that I want to say had Ben Schwartz, and they were doing the "Dip diddip dip BOOOWWWWWWWW" over and over again

• Like 3

In order to get Hot Dog you need to listen to the "Dip Didda Dip Dow" episode episode of CBB with Ben Schwartz. That episode puts anyone on the fence about Hot Dog firmly in his corner.

• Like 3

I had to create a forum account just to express my frustration with Hot Dog. I do not understand the appeal of this character. Am I alone in this?

Sha Na Na also doesn't care for him.

• Like 16

Sha Na Na also doesn't care for him.

Wait a minute... Rip Roaring Spazmataz are you a member of Sha Na Na?

• Like 6

Just going off of experience buying presale tickets to the Wilbur, you'll want to get on their email list, they send an email and in the header it will usually say something like "All Pre-sale codes: UC", and you just enter that as you try to buy. Other than that email that goes out daily or every few days, I have no idea where you would get it. I can try to come back tomorrow and update with the actual code if you're still struggling

Searching the Wilbur's Twitter feed for "presale", their codes are always "WT[day they tweet the presale code]", so it should be either WT9 or WT10.

Edited to add: I updated my earlier post with a ticket link for the Austin show, fixed the early/late show links for NYC, and added a few presale codes that Scott posted on Twitter.

• Like 1

Searching the Wilbur's Twitter feed for "presale", their codes are always "WT[day they tweet the presale code]", so it should be either WT9 or WT10.

You're a good person.

• Like 1

If you're going to the North Carolina Durham show:

"Use offer code LIVE to get the best seats and buy before Friday's on sale!"

If you're going to the North Carolina Durham show:

"Use offer code LIVE to get the best seats and buy before Friday's on sale!"

Thanks! Added.

Edited to add: I updated my post with a link for a new third NYC show on May 14.

Royal Oak Music Theatre is pretty nice over in the Detroit area. Not sure why they say it's in Detroit because the Royal Oak Music Theatre isn't in Detroit, it's in Royal Oak (close enough I guess). If you're in Ohio, I think that that would be closer than Chicago?

dude, go to minneapolis on the 19th and i'll meet you there.

Yeah Detroit is 3.5 hours vs 5.5 hour drive to Chicago. (12 hours to MN Souprman)

Man, I wanna' rent a Winnebago and follow the tour like The Dead or Phish.

• Like 2

Boston show at the Wilbur update CBB-heads, I've gotten their email and the code is CC10

http://www.ticketmas...oswilbr_website

That's odd as they tweeted WT10 as the code this morning. I'd say, enter both...at the same time. Double the promo code, double the fun.

That's odd as they tweeted WT10 as the code this morning. I'd say, enter both...at the same time. Double the promo code, double the fun.

So it's double down, every time

• Like 1

Scott hasn't seen Reggie in a while? Have they gotten someone else to sing the opening theme? Have they started prerecording it? So confused.

• Like 6

Got 2 tickets to the Boston show. I can't wait to watch my wiiiiiife not laugh.

• Like 1

Got 2 tickets to the Boston show. I can't wait to watch my wiiiiiife not laugh.

Me too, will be my first time sitting at the tables near the front of the Wilbur, can't wait!

• Like 1

Me too, will be my first time sitting at the tables near the front of the Wilbur, can't wait!

Same here, I got in there early and snagged floor seats. They aren't front row, center. But, I'll make an exception for this one show. I'll be the guy in the green "all joking a salad" shirt.

• Like 1

Same here, I got in there early and snagged floor seats. They aren't front row, center. But, I'll make an exception for this one show. I'll be the guy in the green "all joking a salad" shirt.

well Suze Orman wouldn't approve your buying of tickets but she wouldn't for me either, we're in that second row of tables. I hope they keep the reverb in check

If I understand that ticket info right, I'm at table 8

I know the sale for Philly doesn't start til noon Friday, but how could we find out if there's promo codes?

Follow @ScottAukerman on Twitter, or check this post.

• Like 1