đź”’ The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... Ă—
JulyDiaz

Episode 226 - Porta Squatty Potty: LIVE from SF Sketch Fest

James Adomian, Mary Holland and Jon Gabrus join Matt Besser for a live episode at San Francisco Sketch Fest. Their scenes include a cat whisperer who thinks he's a cat, Mary trying to survive living in a drunken world and Guy Fieri's intense rhetoric during a commercial shoot. Later, a senile grandpa struggles with his driver’s test and a group of strangers speak to a medium about people who are most likely alive. Sign up for Seeso.com to watch Besser’s new stand-up special “Besser Breaks the Record” and “The UCB Show,” which were filmed live in UCBLA.

• Like 1

I stopped the podcast 3 seconds in, at "humans, everyone knows the new sq--" and I thought it was gonna be an ad for squatty potty. I guess squarespace makes more sense.

Couldn't stop laughing during the the Guy Fieri scene. What a brilliant frame by Gabrus. And Mary's genuine hesitance in how to respond to his Escalade comment was great.

• Like 6

This was awesome start to finish. Adomian is so good, someone was pitching hard for Jesse to show up shouting out Conspiracy

• Like 5

This was awesome start to finish. Adomian is so good, someone was pitching hard for Jesse to show up shouting out Conspiracy

He (and I) were not disappointed! I was so happy that Adomian went for it. This was an amazing episode from start to finish.

Just here to heap on additional praise. Loved this ep so much. Every scene had me going back and listening again before moving on to the next one. Bravo, Matty B & Co!!

• Like 2

I really hope Mary's cats are named for Sigourney Weaver's character from Alien, Bruce Campbell's character from Evil Dead, and Sissy Spacek.

• Like 4

ive been waiting for Adomian to show up in i4h for years! yayyyy.

its really something kinda rare to experience. James does brilliant characters but i've only seen him usually doing long form or working out specific characters hes cultivated. of course, if you listen to his stand up and his appearances on todd glass podcast, hes obviously hilarious off the cuff.

so it was nice to finally see him do the UCB/out-of-thin-air sorta thing

• Like 3

So awesome. I loved how many scenes they had. Every body starting scenes and no lulls.

The Guy Fieri scene is an instant classic.

• Like 3

That space elevator scene was phenomenal. And Jon's wet dream, too! Holy crap.

When Jon was playing Gino on CBB and brought up that he always premature ejaculates in dreams, I had a feeling it was something from his real life.

Also, I forgot to mention in my previous post how much I loved them ripping on the sound engineer for looking pissed the whole time. I'm glad he jumped on stage and fixed Mary's mic though!

• Like 5

'bout time you had James on MattyB. I specifically asked for this over 4 months ago.

now I want Gary Anthony Williams on please and let's do make that happen just a bit quicker K?

thanks.

(Matt I'm really sorry, I have to act cool in front of the other forumers. amazing show, great stuff. every ep has been absolutely stellar lately. I love it and you are a genius. also i am signing up for SeeSo. okay good talk.)

• Like 3

And Mary's genuine hesitance in how to respond to his Escalade comment was great.

That was the best. And calling for her manager was a pretty clever escape.

• Like 2

Really great episode, thought matt was gunna get angry at the end because James wasn't even waiting for someone to tell a story before jumping into a scene

• Like 2

I wanna hear Adomian flesh out that space elevator repairman character, its like something he would elaborate on the Todd Glass Show.

Any blue collar impression he does makes me howl, like when he played a limo driver on Kroll Show.

• Like 2