๐Ÿ”’ The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ร—
Sign in to follow this  
RyanSz

Deadpool (2016)

Now before people freak out about this recommendation, I am doing it in that it is FUCKING AMAZING AND CRAZY a la Crank: High Voltage and Punisher: Warzone. It has been a while since I've seen a comic book movie live up to the hype before it and be such a fulfilling movie experience. Ryan Reynolds and Morena Baccarin are fantastic as the leads and you could tell that they fully embraced their roles and made the movie that much more fun. With Paul's past of writing the bi-annual for Deadpool and Jason's love of comics, I would love for them to discuss this movie and to hear June's thoughts on such an off the wall character.

• Like 4

Dear god I hope that's a deleted scene on the DVD, I'm sure Yakov isn't busy when he's not teaching at Missouri State.

• Like 1

Dear god I hope that's a deleted scene on the DVD, I'm sure Yakov isn't busy when he's not teaching at Missouri State.

Better yet, maybe the scenario actually happens in the sequel, or maybe we get a flashback that reveals the true origin of Deadpool vs. Yakov Smirnoff and the Spin Doctors! Now that I think about it, and to throw it back to a thread I started yearrrrrrrs ago, I'm kind of bummed that we didn't get a little "Two Princes" for our troubles...

• Like 1

I'm actually surprised that only Rob Liefeld was the only Deadpool creator cameo in the film. Would have thought Brian Posehn would have been featured. As for the sequel I honestly hope that they delve deeper into Deadpool's comic history, like his love of the mini-teleporter and facial disguise tool or his absolute love of chimichangas. I also hope that they are able to add a few more notable mutants to the next movie because their interacton with Deadpool in the comics is always great, it's doubtful that they would get Jackman back as Wolverine, but one can hope.

I'd like to see more stuff with Al, as I liked their relationship, but there was so little of it with it not being introduced until pretty late in the game. I love that their agreement is that Wade pays the rent if she, a blind woman, builds the IKEA furniture, and that this is something that's been going on for such a long enough time that they both REALLY know their IKEA.

Yeah Blind Al's relationship with Deadpool in the comics is kinda dark as Deadpool basically tortures Al in a Wyle E. Coyote kinda of way with various weapons and tools. Weasel also got off a lot better in the movie than he does in the comics where he is basically the patsy for a lot of Deadpool's hair brain schemes.

They absolutely need to do this movie, from the story of it being made, to how its dramatically going to change the way Fox does their superhero movies going forward. Not too mention its just a great fucking movie. They've already greenlit an X-Force movie along with Deadpool 2. So hopefully we'll see some more R-rated superhero movies being released.

• Like 1

I know that this movie is filled with a lot of great jokes, but two of my favourites that barely got laughs at my screening ( Apart from mine ) were the "Taken" one and the "Sinead O'Connor/Nothing Compares to you" one...

ย 

I would Love to hear a Directors / Actors edition of HDTGM for Deadpool :D

• Like 5

I know that this movie is filled with a lot of great jokes, but two of my favourites that barely got laughs at my screening ( Apart from mine ) were the "Taken" one and the "Sinead O'Connor/Nothing Compares to you" one...

ย 

I would Love to hear a Directors / Actors edition of HDTGM for Deadpool :D/>

I feel that the "This should move the plot forward" line was under appreciated by my audiences. Also the bit where Negasonic asks if he and Colossus are going to get the Early Bird Special, and Wade says he doesn't understand what's so wrong about eating before it gets dark out and saving some money.

• Like 3

I loved the Taken joke as well and the whole interaction with the cab driver, especially the second time I thought was a perfect representation of Deadpool's humor.

• Like 2

I loved the Taken joke as well and the whole interaction with the cab driver, especially the second time I thought was a perfect representation of Deadpool's humor.

Hopefully he'll pop up in the sequel as well and just become his personal chauffeur or something.

• Like 1

Hopefully he'll pop up in the sequel as well and just become his personal chauffeur or something.

ย 

The Cab Driver was the best... I had high hopes for Karan Soni and he did not disappoint... He was a different kind of great in "Safety Not Guaranteed" when he played Arnau and (and by that I mean that his performance was more subtle) I'm a fan ever since

ย 

The Cab Driver was the best... I had high hopes for Karan Soni and he did not disappoint... He was a different kind of great in "Safety Not Guaranteed" when he played Arnau and (and by that I mean that his performance was more subtle) I'm a fan ever since

ย 

Should watch "Other Space" if you haven't already. 8 episode space-travel comedy about a small ship of misfits captained by Karan. Rest of the cast is great too including Eugene Corderro and Neil casey.

• Like 1

Just a few things that i hope are in the next movie.

ย 

1. The Human Flamethrower

121.jpg

ย 

2. Domino and her uncommon fear of chickens:

tumblr_mm326kBUv21qdrc42o1_1280.jpg

ย 

and 3. Deadpool finally conceding and joining the X-Men, with his homemade suit, of course:

ย 

484cf156ffbd967f173fa42aa0e474b2.jpg

• Like 2

I have to bump this thread due to being fairly obsessed with Deadpool since seeing it last weekend. I can't remember the last time I saw a movie that stuck with me in a good way.

ย 

I loved film. It was clever and cheeky and (above all) fun. Everything from the opening titles, to the slapstick action, to the jokes (yes, I got pretty hardy chuckle out of that Taken line). Above all, Ryan Reynolds owned this movie and did an absolutely amazing job.

ย 

I know that Paul and Jason have written for the Deadpool comics and would love to hear their (and June's) take on this movie.

I stand by the idea of Brian Posehn and possibly Gerry Duggan or Daniel Way being the guests for this episode.

I stand by the idea of Brian Posehn and possibly Gary Duggan or Daniel Way being the guests for this episode.

That reminds me of when they got Ed Brubaker to do "Daredevil" with them! I imagine there'd be a bit more love for THIS movie though. Speaking of Posehn, I like his stuff, but did anyone else ever listen to his "Nerd Poker" podcast? Is it still on? I gave it a try back when it was new, but it was sooooooooo boring.

That reminds me of when they got Ed Brubaker to do "Daredevil" with them! I imagine there'd be a bit more love for THIS movie though. Speaking of Posehn, I like his stuff, but did anyone else ever listen to his "Nerd Poker" podcast? Is it still on? I gave it a try back when it was new, but it was sooooooooo boring.

I listened to a few episodes, but listening to D & D being played wasn't the most exciting thing. I'd rather play games myself than listen, but even then I don't want to dedicate 3+ hrs to a game, unless it's the first time my friends and I are playing and learning the game. I have liked watching some of Wil Wheaton's board game show because it has introduced me to some great games like Betrayal at House On the Hill and Terror In Meeple City. I haven't listened to Rich Sommer's board game podcast yet but I have heard good things about it.

Holy shit, I just realized something. At the very beginning of the "Deadpool" movie, Deadpool puts a brochure for Haunted Segway Tours in one of his pouches. After 30 years or so, this is may be the first recorded instance of a Rob Liefeld character EVER using any of the pouches on his costume in a practical way, and the man has drawn millions and millions and millions of pouches. It's like a more positive version of Stallone taking his helmet off in the first 5 minutes of "Judge Dredd", when the character had never been seen without it for nearly twenty years.

• Like 3

Holy shit, I just realized something. At the very beginning of the "Deadpool" movie, Deadpool puts a brochure for Haunted Segway Tours in one of his pouches. After 30 years or so, this is may be the first recorded instance of a Rob Liefeld character EVER using any of the pouches on his costume in a practical way, and the man has drawn millions and millions and millions of pouches. It's like a more positive version of Stallone taking his helmet off in the first 5 minutes of "Judge Dredd", when the character had never been seen without it for nearly twenty years.

rob-pouches.jpg?5f3411

• Like 1

ย 

rob-pouches.jpg?5f3411

I remember having a "Holy Shit" moment when I originally read that comic, because MY name is Rob, and I totally didn't even think of it as a Liefeld reference until later.

• Like 1

Yeah the Daniel Way series was fantastic as was the art all the way up until the final issue when they brought in a new artist for some reason and it was such a 180 from the previous stuff it almost ruined the finale for me.

Should watch "Other Space" if you haven't already. 8 episode space-travel comedy about a small ship of misfits captained by Karan. Rest of the cast is great too including Eugene Corderro and Neil casey.

ย 

I finished watching the first season of "Other Space" last night and loved it! Thank you for the recommendation ElieB!

• Like 1

Now before people freak out about this recommendation, I am doing it in that it is FUCKING AMAZING AND CRAZY a la Crank: High Voltage and Punisher: Warzone. It has been a while since I've seen a comic book movie live up to the hype before it and be such a fulfilling movie experience. Ryan Reynolds and Morena Baccarin are fantastic as the leads and you could tell that they fully embraced their roles and made the movie that much more fun. With Paul's past of writing the bi-annual for Deadpool and Jason's love of comics, I would love for them to discuss this movie and to hear June's thoughts on such an off the wall character.

ย 

Sorry to bump this as a new member but I've been marathoning through all of the Podcasts and all I can think is how awesome it would be for Paul,Jason and June to do this movie with special guest Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool.

Sign in to follow this