🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 47 - Pediatrician's Office

Paul F. Tompkins welcomes everyone who took the time to stream, download, or overhear SPONTANEANATION! This week, Paul’s special guest is Midroll CEO and The Wolf Den host Adam Sachs! They chat about baseball, how much brain space is needed to know three languages, and "the rules of the road" in India. Paul is then joined by Carla Cackowski, Craig Cackowski, and Little Janet Varney to improvise a story set in a Pediatrician's Office. And as always, Eban (only the best) Schletter scores it all on piano!

There's no live Spontaneanation at Largo next month, but you can still see Paul there on Saturday March 5th, along with Matt Gourley, Jeremy Carter and Mark McConville as they celebrate the Superego Podcast's 10th Anniversary! Join the good doctors as they welcome special guests (friends old and new to a very special live performance. The early show's already sold out, but you can still get tickets to the late show!

http://bit.ly/SE10Late

If PFT is the king of off-mic laughter, Janet Varney is the queen.

• Like 12

If there's a word for trying to trap someone with a "Yes And," that's exactly what Craig did to PFT with that Days of Our Lives riff.

My heart always lifts when I see Little Janet Varney's name in the title. I recently made a mental list of my favourite SPONT episodes and realized it was more or less the same list as the list of Janet episodes. This one is added to the list for sure!

Double Cack Attack! Double yay! Craig's unbelievably deep voice blew me away! (Not literally, thankfully.) The Amazing Grace finale was an incredibly triumphant moment!

• Like 2

If there's a word for trying to trap someone with a "Yes And," that's exactly what Craig did to PFT with that Days of Our Lives riff.

I believe the improv term for that is "pimping someone out"

• Like 1

If PFT is the king of off-mic laughter, Janet Varney is the queen.

1 word into the monologue and I'm already happy to hear Ms. Varney.

• Like 3

Paul didn't mention that Ann Margret is performing with BCR (as true fans call them) which adds another layer of what-the-fuck to this thing.

What are the odds that the old woman with the ear horn would be in the captured frame?

Also, WHAT IS HAPPENING HERE?!?

• Like 3

The Amazing Grace finale was an incredibly triumphant moment!

The ONLY thing that could've made it better was if it had been a "Happy Birthday To You" finale.

• Like 1

Ending in a burning building? Was this improv directed by Werner Herzog?

Also, am I the only one weirded out by the machinegun in the corner of the studio?

IMG_7629.jpg

• Like 2

The ONLY thing that could've made it better was if it had been a "Happy Birthday To You" finale.

Or the words to Happy Birthday, set to the tune of Amazing Grace.

• Like 1

HORN OK PLEASE

New T-shirt.

HONK OK PLEASE on the front

BUT NOT INTO MY EAR HORN on the back

• Like 1

I have gone back and listened to Craig unveiling his deep voice/Paul and Janet losing their shit at least a dozen times. This instantly became one of my all-time favorite moments from any podcast.

• Like 2

I spent about a week in Mumbai a few years ago, and I also saw the "HONK OK" signs, mostly on trucks. Traffic is, as they said, very chaotic, with many different types of vehicles on the road, from trucks on down to cars and bicycles and these odd little three-wheeled motorized rickshaws. All weaving and jockeying for space. And though the city would like to cut down on the noise (and has billboards to that effect), it is a matter of survival, particularly for the smaller vehicles, to honk their horns just to signal their presence. Hence the signs on the trucks, many of which lack mirrors.

I just relistened to this episode and I love the fact that "motherfucker" is referred to as an Oedipal curse word.

• Like 1

Picture me in a quiet office while about 4 or 5 people are diligently working until I hear "Malt-o-meal, delicious breakfast. Everything you need in a box of shit...ber der ber der der der bah!"

Spontaneanation is responsible for SO MANY conversations between my coworkers and I as I try to convey why I've been cackling hysterically.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this