🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 401 - LOVE Is Thicker Than Water

The co-creator and co-stars of the new Netflix original series LOVE, Paul Rust and Gillian Jacobs return on this week's Comedy Bang! Bang! They'll talk all about their new show in full detail (including how many butts we will see), Gillian shares what was appealing about her role as an actress, and Paul brings some fresh New No-Nos. Then, composer and lyricist Alan Thicke of Growing Pains arrives to write a theme song for Paul and Gillian's show LOVE.

• Like 3

I was honestly going to ask about this as a potential episode after watching the trailer for Love, and now here it is! Well... Here it will be! Can't wait to listen to this one.

EDIT: Gillian PWN'D both Rusty and Scotty on the word prescient. No wonder she's a champ at Words With Friends. OK, I'll continue listening now...

EDIT 2: Nope, stopped a few seconds later to say I CAN'T BELIEVE Scott didn't continue the Cosby impression after Gillian said she doesn't trust his cups.

EDIT 3: let's take a moment to enjoy this picture of Gillian as her character from Love. I believe she's on a date with Andy Dick at the time.

CqCuqEV.png

EDIT 4: Alan Thicke knowing about the multiple dimensions from one of my favorite Spontaneanation episodes was amazing.

• Like 5

The lovers from the Netflix show "Love"? What's next, the characters from Netflix's "The Characters"?

• Like 2

This is everything I want from/love about this show. I really hope Gilly is on again before another year goes by. Gimme dat Gill.

• Like 15

Peanut Butter, Tipsy Topsy, Mellon Bank, Egg Town, Little Egg Town, Kangaroo & The Dimension With No Math.

Never forget.

• Like 20

I love this line up almost as much as Paul Rust loves chemicals because he basically is Walter White over here.

• Like 18

It always amazes me, when I follow my Monday morning routine of wake up, pound SNOOZE, roll into shower, roll out of shower, open computer, check CBB lineup, that there are already 10 commenters listening to the episode!

Clearly, the solution is comedy-based sleep deprivation!

• Like 3

I loved everything about this ep, except for one thing! Everyone knows Alan Thicke's show is called "Noticeably Thicke".

Gillian's theme song for Dick Hut is truly incredible

• Like 13

Nothing like a little Alan Thicke to cure those V day blues. Not to mention, hump week AND breaking off a new hundo?

i don't know which is funnier, paul rust completely abandoning any pretense of "new no-nos" not being a play on "new rules," or scott misremembering that the new no-nos had any sensical formula at any point in time

• Like 12

Body count at 2 for 2016? Todd and Alan Thicke? I feel like I'm missing someone.

• Like 3

Both Scotty and PFT are growing beards?! I could get used to this... B)

• Like 2

Body count at 2 for 2016? Todd and Alan Thicke? I feel like I'm missing someone.

Lapkus has had another character die. Hot Dog survived, didn't he?

I'm starting to worry for the wellbeing of the extended cast. We've not heard from Victor and Tiny in a while, I hope they're OK.

• Like 3

Time Keeper references make me so very happy.

Edit: Also, Gilly's inability to say words well made me happy (Remember. Knee Sanders).

• Like 8