🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 401 - LOVE Is Thicker Than Water

why is PFT dressed like a villain in the episode pic? he just needs an eyepatch

• Like 6

i don't know which is funnier, paul rust completely abandoning any pretense of "new no-nos" not being a play on "new rules," or scott misremembering that the new no-nos had any sensical formula at any point in time

I think the only "formula" he was referring to is that a "no no" is referring something you shouldn't do, and Paul was presenting some of them as things that you should do, which is the opposite of a no no and is a yes yes. I'm sure Paul has been doing some version of both for some time, but maybe Scott expects a certain finessing of the bit by this point.

I was hoping that with yesterday being Valentime's Day, my wife and I wouldn't have to go mattress shopping, but unfortunately my hope was in vain.

Luckily, we have selection here in Tucson. We have just under a million people here, and Google Shopping comes up with four pages of mattress stores. There's 35 Mattress Firms, and countless other Sleep Number, Sleep America, Bed Mart, and independent stores. It's Mattress Madness. It's less than five miles from my house to work, and I pass seven Mattress Stores.

• Like 1

"Come on down to the Dick Hut" Gilly is so good.

Was anyone else hoping that when Gilly mentioned George Lucas being super rich we were going to have a new PFT character? Scott could have a lot of fun with that.

• Like 6

I can't remember but at one point Gill tried her hand at a 'Hot Sauserman' nickname. What was it? DogCatch Sexerman? or something?

• Like 3

I've heard of E.T. no homo, but E.T. NEW NO-NO?!?

I probably say this about every Gilly/Garry episode, but holy shit, this was one of my all-time favorites. So many amazing call-backs (especially "With this ring, I thee web") and other ridiculous little moments, and the developments in the continuing saga were all great.

• Like 6

this ep was beautiful, perfect, and Disproportionately Thicke.

• Like 6

I completely lost it when PFT started listing the seven dimensions. I screamed "Kangaroo!" multiple times over my steering wheel at the car stereo when he forgot that one. I must have looked insane. I also enjoyed the callback to the IRL wedding crashing incident. Amazing episode all around. I just love the way Gillian talks and rambles.

• Like 3

Sometimes I think to myself "man I wish Gilly could do an episode of CBB where she wasn't doing the gold-digger bit, I feel like this joke is going to wear itself out"

AND THEN I LISTEN TO THE GODDAMN EPISODE AND LAUGH UNTIL I TURN BLUE

Holy shit, too funny. Everyone was totally on point today.

• Like 2

I'm sure Scott's motivation for starting the Cosby impression was to drive PFT nuts while he 'wasn't in the room' to complain.

• Like 2

I was so upset that PFT didn't pick up on what Scott and Gilly were trying to direct him into with the whole "can you do an impression of Gary Marshall?" bit. That would have been such a better way to get Gary back in the dimension than the clumsy "say his name so many times". Imagine where it could have gone if Gary was inhabiting Alan Thicke's body from another dimension.

• Like 1

I'll even go as far as to say best ep since the Tatiana Maslany one

I was so upset that PFT didn't pick up on what Scott and Gilly were trying to direct him into with the whole "can you do an impression of Gary Marshall?" bit. That would have been such a better way to get Gary back in the dimension than the clumsy "say his name so many times". Imagine where it could have gone if Gary was inhabiting Alan Thicke's body from another dimension.

It really did seem like they wanted Garry back more than doing anything with Alan, right up to killing him off with no fanfare.

I completely lost it when PFT started listing the seven dimensions. I screamed "Kangaroo!" multiple times over my steering wheel at the car stereo when he forgot that one. I must have looked insane.

It's the back-to-back hit of Eggtown and Little Eggtown that really gets me.

• Like 4

I'm surprised Scott didn't catch Alan Thicke's third mispronunciation of the word "About" at the end of the Dogcatcher Sexman theme song, because that should have banished Mr. Thicke to another dimension, right?

...Unless it DID, instantaneously, without anyone knowing, and our Alan Thicke was replaced by a different dimension's Alan Thicke (Dimensionally Thicke?)....

....WHICH WOULD EXPLAIN HIS SEEMINGLY RANDOM DEATH BY PEANUT ALLERGY- he could have succumbed to a slow poisoning from our peanut-butter dimension, having never been exposed to anything like it before! IT ALMOST MAKES SENSE!

...I should probably get some sleep.

• Like 1

everybody should just be friends with each other

• Like 4

It always amazes me, when I follow my Monday morning routine of wake up, pound SNOOZE, roll into shower, roll out of shower, open computer, check CBB lineup, that there are already 10 commenters listening to the episode!

Clearly, the solution is comedy-based sleep deprivation!

this is why i decided to move to the UK -- episodes become available on Mondays at 8am.

suck it, timekeeper.

I have to challenge one New No No.

Sexting is and forever will be "wet texting."

eewwww. are you kanye? this sounds like a shitty kanye tweet?

Sometimes I think to myself "man I wish Gilly could do an episode of CBB where she wasn't doing the gold-digger bit, I feel like this joke is going to wear itself out"

AND THEN I LISTEN TO THE GODDAMN EPISODE AND LAUGH UNTIL I TURN BLUE

Holy shit, too funny. Everyone was totally on point today.

wasn't on the best ofs that scott and pft said something like "turns out it's pretty close to the real gilly"