🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 129.5 - Minisode 129.5

I think it's pretty wild that Louise writes erotic friendfiction about Brad but then during the locker room scene she seems to look on disapprovingly as the other girls sing about liking boys. Either way, "I like boys" is a great song and that shot of the girls dancing under the hairdryers is genuinely a fun little well-choreographed dance.

I've been trying to hold off talking too much about the movie because I like to see what they touch on, but two things:

1. I really want Bob's Burgers to redo this movie now with Tina as the witch.

2. Isn't "I like boys" supposed to be a cheer? Like, right before she put the tape in, wasn't the one girl like, "Check out our new cheer" or something? What fucking event were they planning on cheering on with this routine?

• Like 3

I think it's pretty wild that Louise writes erotic friendfiction about Brad but then during the locker room scene she seems to look on disapprovingly as the other girls sing about liking boys. Either way, "I like boys" is a great song and that shot of the girls dancing under the hairdryers is genuinely a fun little well-choreographed dance.

To me she was looking on with envy. She just really wished that when that one girl (was that Kiki?) went "Hey cheerleaders!" she was part of that general greeting and then automatically knew that choreography with them.

EDIT: It's my 420 post so somewhere Doug Benson's alarm is going off and you can hear Linda Belcher singing "It's 420 somewheeerrreee!"

tumblr_lytnkrByOr1qjczh3o1_500.gif

• Like 1

Watched this movie today. Am I wrong thinking the message we're meant to take away is "Be Popular"?

• Like 3

Not a great cheerleading routine though, for the field. They're going to have to bring all that shit. Though I agree they looked great. If they had just done it apropos of nothing not (I have a new cheer!) I would've actually liked it better. Does that make me strange?

I have questions!

1. Where does the nerd go when she makes him disappear? Is it a Phantom Zone scenerio? Or does she just send him home? If he's just home, doesn't he need his glasses? How high was he that this is NEVER ADRESSED AGAIN? He straight up disintegrated at the wheel of a car.

2. Speaking of the wheel of the car, I dislike how this movie implies that Randa is the bitch when Brad nearly runs Louise over. Okay, yes she was distracting him. But he's the driver. Maybe she hasn't had the drivers ed class yet and doesn't know that's against the rules of the road. He should have pulled over. Not just meandered through the lanes hitting every every pedestrian in sight (I know Louise doesn't die but... I believe in my heart that people are dead. Somewhere.) I don't think Louise shold be dating this guy. He has a reckless disregard for human life. ... though she kind of does too. Okay they're perfect for one another!

3. Where does Louise get all these clothes? You're probably thinking, "She's obviously a witch, Elektra." But there's that scene at the first dance (how many dances does this school have, exactly?) that is kind of played for laughs? That she looks ridiculous. Even though I couldn't really say it looked more ridiculous than the other outfits except her makeup was blue? Yet somehow she starts putting killer outfits together once she's popular? That's a skill she just picks up?

4. And finally what the heck happens to Marcia Wallace, aka the real star of the movie? Did she teach Louise about clothes and awesome hats in that brief moment before she left? I want to know what's going on with her. I miss her and I worry.

• Like 4

Not a great cheerleading routine though, for the field. They're going to have to bring all that shit. Though I agree they looked great. If they had just done it apropos of nothing not (I have a new cheer!) I would've actually liked it better. Does that make me strange?

I have questions!

1. Where does the nerd go when she makes him disappear? Is it a Phantom Zone scenerio? Or does she just send him home? If he's just home, doesn't he need his glasses? How high was he that this is NEVER ADRESSED AGAIN? He straight up disintegrated at the wheel of a car.

2. Speaking of the wheel of the car, I dislike how this movie implies that Randa is the bitch when Brad nearly runs Louise over. Okay, yes she was distracting him. But he's the driver. Maybe she hasn't had the drivers ed class yet and doesn't know that's against the rules of the road. He should have pulled over. Not just meandered through the lanes hitting every every pedestrian in sight (I know Louise doesn't die but... I believe in my heart that people are dead. Somewhere.) I don't think Louise shold be dating this guy. He has a reckless disregard for human life. ... though she kind of does too. Okay they're perfect for one another!

3. Where does Louise get all these clothes? You're probably thinking, "She's obviously a witch, Elektra." But there's that scene at the first dance (how many dances does this school have, exactly?) that is kind of played for laughs? That she looks ridiculous. Even though I couldn't really say it looked more ridiculous than the other outfits except her makeup was blue? Yet somehow she starts putting killer outfits together once she's popular? That's a skill she just picks up?

4. And finally what the heck happens to Marcia Wallace, aka the real star of the movie? Did she teach Louise about clothes and awesome hats in that brief moment before she left? I want to know what's going on with her. I miss her and I worry.

You're right about it being a shitty cheer. I mean, it was a lot of sitting down and leg-crossing, right? When do cheerleaders do THAT?

• Like 2

Obviously she dies in actuality and the rest of the movie is a Jacobs Ladderian deathbed hallucination.

• Like 7

You're right about it being a shitty cheer. I mean, it was a lot of sitting down and leg-crossing, right? When do cheerleaders do THAT?

And all the hair drying! Were they gonna rip the dryers out of the wall and bring them onto the football field?

• Like 4

Obviously she dies in actuality and the rest of the movie is a Jacobs Ladderian deathbed hallucination.

SHIT! I'd meant to come up with a "Maybe it's like Jacob's Ladder..." scenario, but you beat me to it!

• Like 6

Maybe this will need to go in the main episode thread once it hits, but I'd like to propose a new segment for the mini eps that asks "Where's the Jacob's Ladder moment in this movie?".

• Like 6

And all the hair drying! Were they gonna rip the dryers out of the wall and bring them onto the football field?

I mean, yes, obviously. They take the cheerleading effing seriously. When I was a cheerleader, we lugged entire locker rooms around all the time. Those lockers were heavy as shit but it's a SPORT, tayloranne.

ETA: HDTGM should do some of the later Bring It Ons (Brings It On?) Like the Rollercoaster one? Genius.

• Like 3

Maybe this will need to go in the main episode thread once it hits, but I'd like to propose a new segment for the mini eps that asks "Where's the Jacob's Ladder moment in this movie?".

there all really dead and this is what heaven looks like?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNc7EPGpaRQ

PlanBFromOuterSpace, You said you work in a movie theater. is this the real secret to movie theater popcorn? Flavacol just reading about it right now.

• Like 1

I just really can't wait for the main thread to pop up so I can really go into the assumption of sexuality this song places on all of those girls.

I'd like to see Teen Watch 2, the later years, when they are all fat and are over boys. singing the new hit song, "Men just suck!" I got the feeling they got over that one fast.

• Like 1

I'd like to see Teen Watch 2, the later years, when they are all fat and are over boys. singing the new hit song, "Men just suck!" I got the feeling they got over that one fast.

Or Teen Witch: The College Years where they sing "I Actually Like Girls!" and it's the story about how Kiki and Randa are roommates and discover they've been in love the whole time.

• Like 4

I have questions!

Or maybe he goes to the Forbidden Zone...

tumblr_m3fl5d6hha1r9wgzk.gif

• Like 1

Or maybe he goes to the Forbidden Zone...

tumblr_m3fl5d6hha1r9wgzk.gif

For a brief moment I thought that was a scene from The Apple that I had missed

• Like 2

At this point, we're looking at "Twice Divorced Middle-Aged Witch".

• Like 5

Teller, or the guy from the history channel? You know who I mean, look it up if you have no clue.

google history channel guy.

mug1md.jpg

The DJ from the school dance in teen witch, taken with my iphone, sorry. I didn't have the disc.

30 minutes in and I'm ready to throw in the towel. I lived thru the 80s and this is causing hideous flashbacks! Is there any reason to keep going?