🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Joe McGurl

Survivor MEGATHREAD

I can smell what the Rock is cooking... and I like it.

Nice find, Dwayne. Mary gets those guys on board with the show like instantly. Ironically enough, she does it by referencing arguably the two worst seasons in Survivor history :lol:

• Like 3

Holy shit guys, I just became a advanced member! My heart is so full at this moment!

Mary Holland talks Survivor: http://dontgetmestar...olland-survivor

I feel this is an appropriate thread to post this.

Nice find! I didn't know she was such a superfan!

Hoping for an Aubry/Cyd or Mark the Chicken win tonight. Godspeed to everyone as Probst leads us into this goodnight. I'll see you all on the other side.

tumblr_inline_o6j5e0Axf31qggs9r_500.gif

#MarktheChickenTrueSurvivor

• Like 2

Here we are at the Final 4. So excited to see who wins. I'm talking about the Survivor league of course.

At the head of the points pack is Joey Amazing. going into the Finals with an all-female strong team: Michelle, Aubry and Cydney. Joey Amazing should be looking for the girls to align and vote Tai out first. Disregard that last bit, I was mistaken. Joey Amazing actually went into the Finals with 3 players left: Tai, Aubry and Michelle ! The actual final 3. Pretty incredible piece of luck skill, well done Joey.

Following closely in the points table are Chaos Staz and Greg Probst, both going into the Finals with Michelle, Tai and Cydney. Chaos Staz is not too far behind Joey Amazing and has been in the lead for most of the Season. She could grab back the lead if we see Aubry voted out first.

However, don't count out Greg Probst yet as he is the only player left with a chance at actually picking the winner. If Cydney wins this whole thing, Greg Probst should be cashing those points and bragging rights, and we will likely never hear the end of it here on the forums.

Kaoh Rong Jo Long is going into the finals at the bottom of the league and with only one player left - Cydney. Zero chance of winning the league. Next season she'll be back though and yes, you better believe it'll be worth playing for !

• Like 2

A twisty turny season ends with the least exciting person possible winning. Oh well, at least now Tai or Aubry could come back for a second shot.

• Like 5

I actually found Michele's game really really enjoyable to watch. Her win was a throwback to the core of what Survivor really is - sending your fellow players to the jury but getting them to turn around and vote for you in the end.

Michele did that with a stellar social game, where I think Aubry unnecessarily burned some bridges, and her neuroticism - lovable to us in small, 42-minute doses each week - probably annoyed the people who had to deal with it for 936 hours straight on a deserted island with no food or sleep.

And Tai... well, Tai's game was kind of like that wild, runaway train that Tom Scharpling rode all the way across the country and then crashed into the Pacific Ocean, presumably in a huge ball of uncontrollable flames.

• Like 4

I actually found Michele's game really really enjoyable to watch. Her win was a throwback to the core of what Survivor really is - sending your fellow players to the jury but getting them to turn around and vote for you in the end.

Michele did that with a stellar social game, where I think Aubry unnecessarily burned some bridges, and her neuroticism - lovable to us in small, 42-minute doses each week - probably annoyed the people who had to deal with it for 936 hours straight on a deserted island with no food or sleep.

And Tai... well, Tai's game was kind of like that wild, runaway train that Tom Scharpling rode all the way across the country and then crashed into the Pacific Ocean, presumably in a huge ball of uncontrollable flames.

If Survivor hadn't shown us Michele's confessionals with her shouting "this is important to my game" over the sound of the waves every 8 minutes, I wouldn't have thought she stood a chance. I don't know if she made a concerted effort to play a social game or whether she just made friends with a couple of people. I would have liked someone to ask her why she established relationships with the people she did. Julia for example. I don't think it was gameplay, just a byproduct of living with all these people. Nothing seemed deliberate. Basically I'm pissed Aubry didn't win. I don't think she's neurotic. She's a reasonably anxious person, and a great player.

• Like 5

I don't mean to rag on Aubry - I actually see a lot of her in me. I'm kind of an overthinker, can get stuck in my own head and I can be neurotic myself when it's something I really care about (like Aubry clearly did about Survivor). I just know from personal experience that that sort of personality can rub people the wrong way in large doses (like 39 days straight).

Michele is just so smooth relationally. Everybody liked her, and it felt like Aubry had to work really hard to form bonds (I have to do the same) and Michele just naturally forged them. I guess Michele has that smooth, natural sociability I wish I had myself, so I really admired it in her game.

• Like 1

i thought i had a pretty good handle on survivor editing up until this point. i was dong.

eta: would love to hear sean and hayes' take on the upcoming millenials vs. gen x season.

• Like 2

league_pic_0.png

I guess Malcolm and Joe were too busy to help out with the league, so here are Dan and Jason instead.

Congrats to winner Joe McGurl.

• Like 4

it was fun turning around so hard on aubry this season. i was kind of exasperated by her at first but she just got stronger and stronger every week. im sure she'll be back some day and i think she could really shine on a returning players season where more emphasis is placed on outwit outplay outlast than the social game

• Like 4

This is not Survivor related but i'm in a bachelorette league and got flashbacks about the RSS, esp that epi about the time a contestent really didn't like the bachelorette but did like being on television so dropped out after getting to the semifinal.

• Like 2

Remember the ep with Bus Stop and the butt fingering? that was a good ep.

• Like 1

This is not Survivor related but i'm in a bachelorette league and got flashbacks about the RSS, esp that epi about the time a contestent really didn't like the bachelorette but did like being on television so dropped out after getting to the semifinal.

Did you ever watch Burning Love? Its great

• Like 1

the only media i ingest is podcasts (following the bachelorette through rose buddies) so no but I have heard their CBB appearance.