🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JeroenWillemse

"Cannon Films is Back in Business"

Have we talked about this yet?

Cannon Films, the iconic independent film studio of the 1970s and 1980s which essentially continued the careers of the likes of Charles Bronson and Chuck Norris through and after their prime, are back - more than twenty years after shutting their doors.

Responsible for the likes of "Masters of the Universe," "Cyborg," "Breakin'," "Cobra," "Lifeforce," "Invasion U.S.A.," "American Ninja," "Death Wish II," and "Bloodsport," the studio is now back with a new slate of movies is on the horizon.

Formed under the new hand of Richard Albiston, Cannon Films Ltd. was established in 2014 and is moving forward with the ideals of former chairman Menahem Golan about putting the artist first. Today comes word of eight films which mark their inaugral slate - "America Ninja Apprentice," "Return of The Delta Force," "U.S. Sniper," "Allan Quatermain and the Jewel of the East," "Curse," "Zombi: They Live," "Writer's Block" and "The Leopard Hunts at Midnight".

Good news, bad news? Are you looking forward more to "American Ninja Apprentice" or rather "U.S. Sniper"? Are we too aware of "bad movies" for this to be a positive? Will they actually accidentally make super great films? Will the podcast run forever? Thoughts?

• Like 1

I wonder if this podcast somehow put them back in business with the sudden influx of purchases they've received.

What have we done!?

• Like 2

A friend and I discussed this yesterday, and I was of the belief that they should pick up right where they left off. They were supposed to do the Marvel movies, which are no longer available, so I think they should make a cinematic universe out of all the shitty Rob Liefeld comics that no one wants to touch, like Youngblood, Team Youngblood, Bloodstrike, Bloodpool, Bloodwulf, Bloody Bleeding Blood Guy, etc.

Albert Pyun would direct.

• Like 3

A friend and I discussed this yesterday, and I was of the belief that they should pick up right where they left off. They were supposed to do the Marvel movies, which are no longer available, so I think they should make a cinematic universe out of all the shitty Rob Liefeld comics that no one wants to touch, like Youngblood, Team Youngblood, Bloodstrike, Bloodpool, Bloodwulf, Bloody Bleeding Blood Guy, etc.

I've already got my advanced tickets for Bloody Bleeding Blood Guy

• Like 5

Is Delta Force a HDGTM worthy movie? I know it is certainly one of MY favorites.

Is Delta Force a HDGTM worthy movie? I know it is certainly one of MY favorites.

Invasion USA is a better candidate in my very humble opinion. The presence of some real life stories and proper actors add a little too much realism to Delta Force, whereas Invasion USA is just balls-out mental and makes you yearn for the politically balanced, gritty realism of Red Dawn.

• Like 1

Invasion USA is a better candidate in my very humble opinion. The presence of some real life stories and proper actors add a little too much realism to Delta Force, whereas Invasion USA is just balls-out mental and makes you yearn for the politically balanced, gritty realism of Red Dawn.

I like how in the documentary they talk about how too much of the dramatic story stuff had to be cut, like it would have been "Saving Private Ryan" or something if we would have been able to see Chuck Norris ACT more.

• Like 2

I wonder if this podcast somehow put them back in business with the sudden influx of purchases they've received.

What have we done!?

Eh, I prefer bonkers Cannon films over the lazy style of Asylum.

Would Bleeding Gums Murphy do the music score?

Bleeding Gums Murphy.jpg

• Like 1

Directed by Iranian-born Babak Najafi (Easy Money 2, TV's Banshee), after Fuqua was unavailable and Fredrik Bond departed shortly before shooting began, London Has Fallen was shot primarily in Bulgaria for Millennium Films. Emerging from the ashes of The Cannon Group, Millennium is very much continuing in the same spirit, producing modestly-budgeted action vehicles for stars like Sylvester Stallone and Scott Adkins, most notably The Expendables franchise.

Is Millennium the spiritual successor to Canon?

Source