🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 1803 - Steven Weber

Great ep! Weber seems like a cool kat.

I'm not in love with being anti-PC though :/ (Not that I disagree that over-sensitivity could stifle creativity, have ever been offended by a comedian, or think anyone on the pod is remotely intolerant) . . .

I just think that it's being negative against an issue that isn't a bad thing on it's own, so it could fuel all of the other anti-PC people who are actually just idiots. Comedians may say things for humor (with no malice), and then get defensive of their art. But what about all the people who just wanna say whatever they want without negative consequence? The PC term is, for a lot of people, just a stigma on social progress. After all, there was a transitional period when certain people said nigger or faggot, and certain "sensitive" people didn't. But what? Now that we are this far we should stop trying to improve?

(Or perhaps I'm just not on the same page as to what kind of PC they are against)

• Like 1

Great ep! Weber seems like a cool kat.

I'm not in love with being anti-PC though :/ (Not that I disagree that over-sensitivity could stifle creativity, have ever been offended by a comedian, or think anyone on the pod is remotely intolerant) . . .

I just think that it's being negative against an issue that isn't a bad thing on it's own, so it could fuel all of the other anti-PC people who are actually just idiots. Comedians may say things for humor (with no malice), and then get defensive of their art. But what about all the people who just wanna say whatever they want without negative consequence? The PC term is, for a lot of people, just a stigma on social progress. After all, there was a transitional period when certain people said nigger or faggot, and certain "sensitive" people didn't. But what? Now that we are this far we should stop trying to improve?

(Or perhaps I'm just not on the same page as to what kind of PC they are against)

I think its somewhere along the lines of, many people have progressed, many people have not. Many of the people who have not, will not, now or ever, begin to see things the way WE see things, so it just turns into a lot of talk without any additional progress.

If you don't think the movement of SJW-ism is annoying, you're a part of the problem. There's no question that some social justice fights need warriors, but many are not real problems, so people spend time getting all worked up and bent out of shape over a minor thing and end up just addicted to negativity and pessimism. I'm from the camp that sometimes you're far better off picking your battles and actually being able to enjoy life and have a laugh at some comedy.

Deep down, MFers just wanna laugh

I think its somewhere along the lines of, many people have progressed, many people have not. Many of the people who have not, will not, now or ever, begin to see things the way WE see things, so it just turns into a lot of talk without any additional progress.

If you don't think the movement of SJW-ism is annoying, you're a part of the problem. There's no question that some social justice fights need warriors, but many are not real problems, so people spend time getting all worked up and bent out of shape over a minor thing and end up just addicted to negativity and pessimism. I'm from the camp that sometimes you're far better off picking your battles and actually being able to enjoy life and have a laugh at some comedy.

Deep down, MFers just wanna laugh

Suppose you're right. And NNF is the LAST thing that would need a social lesson. I guess I was just worried someone might hear it and go "YEAH, every time I'm terrible to somebody the PC brigade rolls in!" Definitely not my problem regardless :P

I'm a really big fan of the show Monk, which is about this one private detective who wishes he could solve more crimes but he just can't stop washing his hands. Like, he just finds it so fun!

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this