🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 404 - The Timeys Leap Year Celebration

Yea I guess that was before my CBB time I'll have to go back and check those out

You should definitely go back and listen to episode 35.

• Like 1

Samesies, I thought since Hanford is on a lot that Kalpakis probably had a lot of charac performances that just didn't stick with me so I was shocked he's never been on on his own before. I think he's the Birthday Boy with the most potential for success in Hollywood

surely you must mean other than the Spoonman himself, Mike Mitchell

• Like 1

He looks like Venom.

Eddie Brockerman

• Like 2

Please excuse that my first post is a negative one, but I'm really really sad to say that this episode was a huge, huge disappointment. I was so looking forward to the silliness that could have been Max recapping his wild Tallahassee Bacchanal but this just fell so flat. The Timeys were mostly not funny (except maybe the Time Master in bits) and didn't capture the essence of Neil's character and reflect it onto their own. The less we hear from these folks and the more it's just Neil/Max, the better. He is extremely funny and the rest of these people can't keep up with him.

these people can't keep up with him.

These people!

Are you really really sad to say that?

Good to hear you only plan to come around when you really really need to post about your huge huge disappointment.

• Like 1

These people!

Are you really really sad to say that?

Good to hear you only plan to come around when you really really need to post about your huge huge disappointment.

I am not at all familiar with any of the people who played the Timeys, so using a group term in that sentence (describing all guests but Neil/Max) made sense to me.

Sorry that I'm not toeing the line, but this was far below the standard of any Maxwell Keeper episode and it was clear they didn't have a handle on their characters the way Neil does on his. The richness of character and humor that Neil/Max delivers was diluted by having to share mic time with people who didn't get it the way he gets it.

Maybe I *will* only come around when I'm disappointed with stuff. Maybe that's why I've never done so til now. When things are good I don't have to talk about it, I just enjoy it. They (CBB) don't owe me anything, but I'm allowed to dislike an episode from time to time, and I'm allowed to express disappointment about it.

I liked your plugs theme, though.

I'm suprised that nobody has mentioned how the Time Master sounds like Nic Cage at... tiiiiimes.