🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 49 - Universal Studios Hollywood

Paul F. Tompkins welcomes a collective group of listeners back to SPONTANEANATION! This week, Paul’s special guest is stand-up comedian Cameron Esposito of the upcoming Seeso standup special "Marriage Material" (March 24)! They chat about how glasses are made, how children figure out insults, and the Pope's eye doctor. Paul is then joined by Shulie Cowen, Brandon Johnson, and Chris Tallman to improvise a story set at Universal Studios Hollywood. And as always, Eban (only the best) Schletter scores it all on piano!

PFT's episode notes

- I know I said "SUV" when I meant "SVU!"

There’s no live Spontaneanation at Largo next month, but you can still see Paul there on Saturday March 5th, along with Matt Gourley, Jeremy Carter and Mark McConville as they celebrate the Superego Podcast’s 10th Anniversary! Join the good doctors as they welcome special guests (friends old and new to a very special live performance. The early show’s already sold out, but you can still get tickets to the late show! http://bit.ly/SE10Late

What a beautiful nonsense train this was!

• Like 5

Oh lord, did this episode ever bring joy to my Theme Park Nerd/BTTF Nerd heart.

Shame that (to my knowledge) none of the Spont improvisers who've actually worked at Universal were here for this one (particularly Mark Gags and Annie Savage), and EXTRA shame Gourley wasn't here to pepper a bunch of Waterworld: A Live Sea War Spectacular references. STILL, fantastic episode.

• Like 1

Episode 49: Parodize Fish

What a beautiful nonsense train this was!

Even by Spont standards, this one felt exceptionally silly (which is obviously great).

• Like 2

I'm pretty sure I love every improviser who has been on Spontaneanation, but I always get excited to see Chris Tallman in the episode description. Nobody does a grizzled old man voice better than him.

• Like 4

This was a delightful episode! Cameron Esposito is super funny and charming. I laughed so hard when Brandon Johnson went into his Mr. Goldenfold voice.

• Like 1

Oh man... Everything about Paul telling the fake ET flashback, realizing ET wasn't Universal, calling it out, and then re-telling the story differently was the best.

"He looked like a sack of potatoes." (Not an exact quote, I know.)

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this