🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Shannon

Episode 10 - Aya Cash, Jake Fogelnest, Rick Holmes

Nate starts the show by talking about hugging strangers at the Superbowl and sharing some new book news regarding Harper Lee. Nate also plays us a recording of the great Rick Holmes reading Blake Stuck’s “I’m Going to Replace My Hands With Hammers, So Help Me God” live from the UCB-theatre in Los Angeles. Then, Nate is joined by Jake Fogelnest, a professional comedian, writer, director, and podcaster to talk about why making it big in showbiz recently has kept his podcast The Fogelnest Files on hiatus but it will return soon, why you need to be listening to The Best Show, how he convinced his parents at 14 that he should write, direct, and star in a public access TV show from his bedroom, which bands are important, and to recommend some great music books such as “Please Kill Me: The Uncensored Oral History of Punk.” Finally, a beautiful letter written by Helen Keller to the New York Symphony Orchestra is read by the fantastic Aya Cash. Grab Jonathan Franzen’s “The Corrections” and send in your thoughts on the book at readingaloudpodcast@gmail.com for the next book club episode!

Sign in to follow this