đź”’ The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... Ă—
Sign in to follow this  
WTF?MichaelDorn

How did you discover HDTGM?

i was bored and watching 'new girl' the tv show and June Raphael was playing the hot doctor. I was like this chick is cute and funny. Googled her saw she did this podcast, my sister loves podcasts and says I should check it out. Listened to a bunch of them and decided to make some recommendations today. Lol

• Like 1

Some time last year there was an article on one of those Gawker article sites (I think maybe Kotaku?)talking about the insanity that is "The Devil's Advocate" and someone in the comments section recommended HDTGM. So I rewatched Devil's Advocate, then listened to that episode. I've been hooked ever since.

• Like 1

I forget what I was looking for, but I stumbled across the "Punisher: War Zone" episode a few years ago and was hooked. I believe "Leprechaun in the Hood" was the most current episode at that point, but I quickly caught up on everything else through the back catalog.

• Like 1

I've been a fan of Paul since his Human Giant days & saw that he had a podcast, so I checked it out.

I think this was like, 3 or so years ago?

Been hooked ever since!

• Like 1

I've been a fan of Paul since his Human Giant days & saw that he had a podcast, so I checked it out.

I think this was like, 3 or so years ago?

Been hooked ever since!

Haha just realized Paul is on 'The League' great show if anyone hasn't seen it. Extremely vulgar the character Ruxin is exactly like my father.

I was reading the wikipedia page for The League and had by chance clicked on Paul's page, which mentioned the show. So I basically binge downloaded the available episodes, which was right around the Wicker Man episode which was barely a year into the show's run. Been listening ever since.

The show was mentioned on another podcast that I listen to. My wife introduced me to the world of audio on demand after listening to another of my irritation fueled conspiracy theories regarding commercial radio. I have been addicted to podcasts since that time and I think “How Did This Get Made?” was mentioned on the Wil Wheaton & Mikey Neumann podcast “TV Crimes”. “TV Crimes” has a similar structure and is also really fun to listen to. I cannot say for certain that that is the podcast that mentioned HDTGM but it seems right.

I exhausted all of "Go Bayside!" so then I googled "Funny podcasts," which produced several lists of humorous podcasts. I read about three lists and HDTGM was on all three. I've tried others on the lists, too, but nothing even comes close to HDTGM. It's my favorite podcast.

Sign in to follow this