🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 50 - Santa Fe Art Gallery

Remember the Matt Besser character from an early comedy death ray episode where he played a british podcaster looking down on american podcasting comparing listing to the show "like watching cavemen discover fire"?

That's how I imagine him as he just sits there and listens to the others improvise. ;)

• Like 1

The miscommunication was even more disappointing because of all the openings they were giving Matt to jump in on the story. What's with this guy's non-improvin' gabooch?!

Yeah, you could feel it early on that they were all expecting him to jump in and he just didn't. It's kind of hilarious to picture pretty much the authority on improv sitting there, everyone expecting him to join in, and him just not.

So, is "Matt m'Gourley" (as heard during the JoCoCruise ad) now his canonical name, in the same manner as "Little Janet Varney"?

• Like 2

So, is "Matt m'Gourley" (as heard during the JoCoCruise ad) now his canonical name, in the same manner as "Little Janet Varney"?

From the people who brought you Han M'Boogie, it's Matt M'Gourley!

• Like 2

I'm sure Matt would have been great in the improv, but honestly, I got as much enjoyment out of Paul's explanation and picturing it happen in progress as I would have gotten out of it.

I've been catching up on SPONT after I got a bit behind. For some reason, I wasn't feeling it for about a month or so, and now that I'm catching up, I definitely realize that it was totally the state of mind I was in because the eps have been consistently great.

I was also excited that Besser was going to be the guest, but Paul's explanation of the whole thing cracked me up. And every time I heard Besser laugh, it reminded me he was in the room just sitting on the sidelines while Paul was thinking, "Why the hell isn't he joining us?" and it would make me laugh all over again.

Sign in to follow this