🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
dominonimob

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies (2016)

Pride, Prejudice, and Zombies: Based on a best selling novel, which was based on a classic peace of english literature, which was in turn based on the emotional and social consequences of being related to rich white trash.

The book being mostly written by Jane Austin, an English lady who has been dead for over 200 years, is considered to be quite good by many.

The movie which needlessly deveates from the book is bad, very bad. The action falls flat, added plot twists make little to no sense, the acting is cumbersome, and the story is rushed so that you build no empathy for the characters. Except for Matt Smith, who is intentionally brilliantly cringingly awkward. In addition to the finished product being half baked, it was also released years after the frenzy of the zombie fad had waned.

It had a budget of 28 Million, was released 02-05-2016, is no longer in theaters as 03-08-2016, and made just over 14 million.

How did this get made? Why did they wait so long? What the hell is Matt Smith doing in this film? Why is Mr. Darcy such a Dick in this movie? Did all of the budget go to costumes and zombie make up? Why did I pay to see this movie in the theater?

• Like 1

Agreed. Saw this with a lady friend because it appealed to dainty sensibilities.

It was awful and I didn't have the heart to tell her :(

• Like 1

While I agree with you that this movie is a needless farce of a film, I have to say I think they actually timed the release rather brilliantly. If they had released it among the other millions of zombie films that had come out back to back this may have gotten even more tossed to the side than it already has. This way, other than The Walking Dead, they are the most talked about zombie property again. On the other hand, if they had struck while the iron was hot off the publication of the "book" (I hate even calling it that considering I can feel Jane Austen spinning in her grave) then maybe the masses would have flocked to it the way they did with 50 Shades of Grey.

Mr. Darcy was always a total dick until he started letting his barriers down and showed his true kindness. I haven't seen this movie but they must have re-written his character so that ~millennials~ could understand how he acted.

This whole concept infuriates me and I can't believe that guy made so much money off of ruining one of my favorite books. What infuriates me even more is that even in the trailer they have to show a "sexy getting ready scene" in the god damn regency era.

• Like 3

I doubt they'd do this one just because the author of the zombies (Seth Grahame-Smith) part was a guest on the Con Air episode?

You should all be proud of me for not going on my rant about people misspelling Jane Austen's name. YOU'RE WELCOME, AMERICA.