🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
LaneMcVity

Time Bandits (1981)

Actually the first movie I ever watched on HBO. My 12 yo excitement was indescribable after getting off the bus, walking in the front door to find we finally had had cable installed ... this little gem starting only moments later. All I could talk about for days. Watching through an adult skewed lense all these years later ... yikes.

I would love to hear the HDTGM team launch themselves down the rabbit hole this movie truly is.

• Like 1

I just saw a trailer for this before I watched the amazing film, The Long Good Friday, and I was blown away at how crazy this looked. A few other trailers followed and apparently the studio that made these movies, Handmade Films, is like the Cannon Films of Europe where they make primarily insane movies with big name actors or actors who would become huge later one, and then every once in a while a movie they make gets rave reviews and big box office returns.

• Like 1

and now a very important message from my little friend.

34ot3tg.jpg

I love this movie, this was back when Terry Gilliam was making great movies, like Brazil. and then later he did the 12 monkeys that will send me into tears at this scene,

. he did a tribute to Alfred Hitchcock's
in the 12 monkey's did you know that?

I think when this was running in my local theater, I would go and see this every weekend. I never got sick of it.

I still watch it every now and again and it still holds up to time.

Plus it's got one of the best George Harrison songs at the end of credits you've ever heard, if you can make out one word of those lyrics then your better then me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2wrte1ijlY

• Like 1