🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 51 - Tesla Charging Station: Live from Largo

Paul F. Tompkins once again welcomes the wonderful real people of Los Angeles AND the internet to a LIVE episode of Spontaneanation, recorded at the world-famous Largo at The Coronet! This week, Paul’s special guest is Keegan-Michael Key of Key and Peele! They chat about what information Keegan has withheld from his parents, what not to say to Mads Mikkelsen, and the drunk-driving regulations of his youth. Paul is then joined by Craig Cackowski, Chris Tallman, and Jean Villepique to improvise a story set at a Tesla Charging Station. And as always, Eban (only the best) Schletter scores it all on piano! SPONTANEANATION LIVE returns to Largo on Saturday, April 2nd! Paul’s special guest will be Grant-Lee Phillips! Get your tickets now: bit.ly/SPONT416

Photos by Liezl Estipona

PFT's EPISODE NOTES

- This is

. His act was being a drunk person.

- When Keegan’s character meets “Carolyn,” Chris Tallman licks Keegan’s face for what felt like a really long time!

- “One sandwich not enough? Two too many? Try our sandwich and a half, and you won;t leave any!” is a reference to Canter’s Deli in Los Angeles, which is across the street from the original location of Largo

- For the live audience only: everyone performed the Modern English pop classic,

!
  • Like 1

UNSANCTIONED SUPPLEMENTAL EPISODE NOTES

• Paul referencing the lyrics to Tenacious D's "
    " on stage at Largo, home of many early D performances, warms my heart.
  • Here's Paul performing an extended Mac Weldon ad at SXSW over the weekend, in case you missed it.
  • If you enjoy seeing the live photos provided every month by Liezl Estipona, you should check out her site and buy a book or a print, or hire her for graphic design/photography purposes, because she was recently laid off. She has earned the prestigious Tompkins Seal of Approval!

• Like 6

Paul's ad while he's waiting for his plane to board, respect. He's always working!

• Like 5

The "get up, you're driving" story had me crying on the street. C+.

• Like 1

I WAS AT THIS ONE! I WAS AT THIS ONE!

it was truly magical.

• Like 5

House Funeral is also my favorite Kid 'N Play movie

• Like 1

I'm sure I think this after almost every episode, but this might be the funniest one yet. Every part of this one made me laugh out loud (including the airport ads). It was insanity covered with a nice top layer of progression that kept everything moving smoothly.

Just saw the new logo.

This was put up too soon! It was supposed to debut with Episode 53 (the beginning of Spontaneanation's second year). Please be conscientious, friends!

Very nautical.

This was put up too soon! It was supposed to debut with Episode 53 (the beginning of Spontaneanation's second year). Please be conscientious, friends!

• Like 2

So many Happy Birthday teases.

"Is there any way to silence that lamb" might be my favorite line in Spont history. Fantastic episode.

• Like 4

- For the live audience only: everyone performed the Modern English pop classic,

!

They threw away the perfect opportunity to sing Batdance!

SPONT_110715_01.jpg

• Like 7

If anyone was wondering: According to Chris Tallman, yes, the play he speaks of in this episode is the reason his head was shaved in the story he told before the Eiffel Tower episode.

• Like 3

Of course Chris Tallman threw in some D&D references in his were-guy description.

• Like 2

Adding KMK to the list of my fav off mic laughs. What a great laugh. It's ridiculous yet totally genuine.

This episode concocted a fun image in my mind of Paul F. Tompkins huddled in a corner at ABIA; sport coat pulled over his head, face smeared with Salt Lick BBQ sauce, as he angrily recites his ad copy into a pocket recorder.

• Like 1

Paul quickly glosses over the idea of time traveling young Abe Lincoln as a book and doesnt realize the irony of Abe becoming an intern at a theater.(insert assassination joke here)

Sign in to follow this