🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

EPISODE 125 — LIVE FROM SXSW: The Future of Comedy

The boys appear LIVE at an SXSW panel hosted by a major star and take questions about podcasting and technology, then fly home to do a guest segment with college basketball expert BRANDON GARDNER.

• Like 10

NCAA brackets are like sports for nerds so i guess its cool now

• Like 3

Haha god damn it when it first started I was like "Woah they had a great turn out!" You goofed me boys

Edit: Already laughing my butt off when the whole crowd stops at once. Also Brett is getting so fuckin good

• Like 8

Opening segment is great, Brett's really getting some strong improv chops, I need to relisten to the guest seg. I like Brandon a lot, but I don't know anything about baasketball so I kind of tune out. Also Hayes is rocking the full genius programmer cut out from the money/serial killer being giving an interview in jail

http://www.earwolf.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/IMG_0895.jpg

e: on Austin Powers... I've never really seen the original but I saw goldmember in the cinema on first release and it wasn't great.

• Like 10

I hate to just repeat what's been said already, but I do think this sounds fun.

• Like 8

Brett has become a big part of a lot of shows. Earwolf is going to be fucked when he leaves to form his own podcast network.

• Like 14

This Brandon Gardner guy is actually just like those NBA players he hates so much because of how he's really fast and hits all his shots. Ironic.

• Like 7

Waaaa? How was I supposed to know about this beforehand? I have family in Austin. This would have been a grand excuse to visit them and more. How do I figure out this stuff before it happens?

• Like 5

When I was 10 I went to a sleepover. One person brought a video of Austin Powers 2 that they had recorded of off sky movies. When the person who's house we were in's mum came and asked what we were watching, one of my pals thought the movie was called "Shag The Spider."

• Like 14

I can't believe that many people turned down being on this ep. I guess some people just don't wanna famous.

• Like 4

mnyKRoF.jpg

Best Part of Waking Up, is Owl in your Cup.

• Like 24

Thanks for slacking off this week so I could slip a post on the front page without staying up until 3am. I love this podcast and look forward to being a part of the community. K bye, love you all.

• Like 11

I was in the audience for their SXSW show, and these guys were consummate pros. They handled the storm with poise and grace, and had the very diverse crowd laughing the entire time. They even stole the spotlight from "gimme gimme" McConaughey! If I was Besser, I would be real worried because he might have some real competition for best podcast in the universe.

• Like 12

Sean and Hayes said to get on the forums and talk about awesome powers, so what are your favorite powers?

Mine is walk through walls because then I can go to bank and take all the sweet cash that I want.

• Like 7

I was at my local comic con all weekend, and Walton Goggins was one of the celebrity guests. I was considering waiting in line to ask if he got to meet Hayes on the set of Vice Principals but it was $50 bucks. Would have made a great gonzo-style forums post though, can you all even imagine this story told from twisted perspective

• Like 13

Great NASA shoutout on live segment. also i'm excited that i might be the next joe rogan. i feel like i don't want to be, but the way the crowd popped at the notion convinced me otherwise.

• Like 4

Great episode. Brett was on the ball this week, he really brought some diversity. Gimme Gimme

• Like 5

Very funny episode, great SXSW part and I loved all the bball talk. Now I'm ready to win my bracket.

Also, do we know if it's pronounced Live or Live? I've been burned before.

• Like 11