đź”’ The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... Ă—
JulyDiaz

Episode 131.5 - Minisode 131.5

Brand new changes are coming to the minisode including getting to ask your questions by calling 619-PAUL ASK. Our next HDTGM movie selection will be a Jean Claude Van-Damme classic. This week Paul goes through Corrections and Omissions for The Covenant as well as a bonus for Sleepaway Camp. Plus, we hear the debut of Fan Creations and Paul sends off with another great recommendation during Paul's Pick of the Week. Don’t forget to check out Blake Harris’ Oral History of The Covenant over at www.slashfilm.com! Get yourself a BB-8 “What Is Its Mission?” T-shirt or Tote Bag over at http://howdidthisgetmade.bigcartel.com/ Set your DVRs for Party Over Here, a new FOX sketch comedy show from The Lonely Island and Paul starring Nicole Byer, Jessica McKenna, and Alison Rich. It airs Saturdays at 11 pm. People of the internet: Watch Paul in Fresh off the Boat on ABC. Awhile ago, Paul and Rob Huebel did a comedy special on a 60 foot glass bus that traveled around LA. Now you’ll be able to see it. Go to https://itun.es/us/3M4J9 now to buy it! You can also see Jason in Transparent on Amazon and in Dirty Grandpa in a theater near you! Also, check out June in Grace and Frankie available on Netflix, and in all the episodes of NTSF:SD:SUV:: on HULU for free, and Jason in The Dictator (he’s still in it!).

In The Covenant episode you asked if there were any child stars that had successfully entered manhood and appear "manly." Here are some that you may or may not agree with: Justin Timberlake, Ryan Gosling, Kirk Douglas, Nicholas Hoult (yummy as the young X-Men Beast), Leonardo de Caprio, Mark Paul Gosselaar, Joseph Gordon Levitt, Peter Billingsley (Ralphie in Christmas Story), River Phoenix (RIP), and Shia Lebeouf. Thoughts?

In The Covenant episode you asked if there were any child stars that had successfully entered manhood and appear "manly." Here are some that you may or may not agree with: Justin Timberlake, Ryan Gosling, Kirk Douglas, Nicholas Hoult (yummy as the young X-Men Beast), Leonardo de Caprio, Mark Paul Gosselaar, Joseph Gordon Levitt, Peter Billingsley (Ralphie in Christmas Story), River Phoenix (RIP), and Shia Lebeouf. Thoughts?

I think maybe Phoenix dropped out a bit too early to make a call.

• Like 1

I made a silly "second opinions" theme. I'd love to give other themes a go, but I'm not sure they would even be any good.

(Here's the theme I did make:

)
  • Like 3

I really hope that they address Frank Dux being completely full of crap about the Kumite.

• Like 1

That lady who called in, saying Jason was cute... Does Jason get a lot of women/girls hitting on him? I'd think he would.

• Like 3

Ugh. Paul, seriously? Keanu was Ted "Theodore" Logan.

It feels like a betrayal on a personal level that he doesn't know this.

• Like 7

I can definitively say the explanation of Sleepaway Camp is wrong because they refer, in the opening, to Ricky not coming with his mom (The Doctor) because he's spending time with his dad. So it is impossible for Ricky to be the son of the lover of Angela's dad. Nice try, though.

• Like 4

Bloodsport, the origin of my favorite movie quote ever:

Side note: In high school, a friend and I loved Kickboxer so much that we got haircuts like Tong Po. Picture a high fade with six-inch braid hanging off the back of our heads. I'm so glad no pictures survived.

I hope Jon Gabrus is the guest for the Bloodsport show, he loves the movie and did an entire episode on his Podcast with his buddies last year.

He is also well aware of all the stuff Frank Dux made up about the Kumite.

• Like 2

That lady who called in, saying Jason was cute... Does Jason get a lot of women/girls hitting on him? I'd think he would.

After watching him on B99 I would definitely hit on him

I don't know what that says about me

• Like 2

Which episodes was he in? I was meaning to watch them, but forgot.

edit: Apparently I don't know how to form words properly, and use google.

Which episodes was he in? I was meaning to watch them, but forgot.

edit: Apparently I don't know how to form words properly, and use google.

I've only seen two of them, I think, but they're pairing him up with Stephanie Beatriz, who is my favorite part of that show.

I'm just saying they'd have beautiful, aggressive, beardy babies.

• Like 4

Probably because of all that sweet sweet sexual tension... and mega hot hole punching.

jQQSklI.gif

• Like 6

It was an absolute honor to have my nerd rant read by Mr. Scheer. Much appreciated. With that said, Jesus, I'm pretty sure I haven't laughed harder at Paul reading a "Corrections and Omission" than when he read joebronx's Massachusetts car insurance correction. The combination of the excruciatingly mundane nature of the content combined with Paul's own laughter, it just killed me. Well done, sir.

And Cameron H., as always, putting more thought and creativity into his message board comments than the filmmakers did into the actual movie.

• Like 7

It was an absolute honor to have my nerd rant read by Mr. Scheer. Much appreciated. With that said, Jesus, I'm pretty sure I haven't laughed harder at Paul reading a "Corrections and Omission" than when he read joebronx's Massachusetts car insurance correction. The combination of the excruciatingly mundane nature of the content combined with Paul's own laughter, it just killed me. Well done, sir.

And Cameron H., as always, putting more thought and creativity into his message board comments than the filmmakers did into the actual movie.

C7hoK9eTMyax0j7YKViM_bloodsport%20-%20ray%20jackson%20-%20thumbs%20up%202.JPG

Slow clap building for everyone that made this minisode exceptional, especially joebronx for his incredible contribution. I cannot wait for the Bloosport episode. I will have to go back and watch this classic piece of shitema and relive the first instance of female nudity my young eyes ever witnessed on TV.

I may be getting this movie mixed up with another though. Is there a movie that is nearly an exact copy of this one but with different actors, more nudity, and comical violence?

• Like 3

Thanks, Quasar! I really enjoy your comments as well, and on any other week, I would have argued that your's should have won the coveted "Award of Nothing." I've always found your posts to be informative, intelligently written, and funny. I particularly enjoyed your post about Jackie Robinson on the Easy Rider 2 episode--back before I joined the boards and when when you were still going by "Elitist Prick." However, no one could have foreseen this young firebrand joebronx absolutely knocking it out of the park! As you said, the banality of the comment coupled with the absurdity of the movie, and Paul's mirth as he read it, made that one a no-brainer.

Good job to both of you! Way to go, my witch-bros!

giphy.gif

• Like 4