🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 131.5 - Minisode 131.5

Is anyone else watching season 2 of Daredevil yet? Jon Bernthal's Punisher is pretty fucking fantastic and episodes 3 and 4 are like the best episodes of anything ever. Just starting episode 5 now...

• Like 2

Is anyone else watching season 2 of Daredevil yet? Jon Bernthal's Punisher is pretty fucking fantastic and episodes 3 and 4 are like the best episodes of anything ever. Just starting episode 5 now...

I'm watching it. Just about to finish episode 5, and it's been awesome so far. I agree; Bernthal is definitely the stand out performance.

• Like 3

Can't wait for them to get into the super racist monkey fighting style of the only black fighter. Who we first see climbing a tree in the jungle to karate chop open coconuts. Even as a kid I thought this was crayzo.

I also hope they get into the bullshido of the real Frank Dux, which I think was a contributing factor for JCVD opting out of the sequel, and eventually pseudo-remaking Bloodsport with the film The Quest, co-starring Roger Moore.

Question to the thread: Does this movie have the worst ADR of any film ever?

Just a head's up guys...apparently there must be more than one movie called Bloodsport, because the movie I just watched was damn near flawless.

• Like 7

Just a head's up guys...apparently there must be more than one movie called Bloodsport, because the movie I just watched was damn near flawless.

5ofhmx.jpg

Paul read the card wrong...

This weeks movie is

and it's amazing.

fa5z5k.jpg

You can tell a film is really good when they can't get Jean-Claude Van Damme anymore.

Mind you they did get John Rhys-Davies,Pat Morita aka Mr Miyagi him self.

• Like 2

Should be Bloodsport 4, considering Daniel Bernhardt was in 2 and 3 as "Alex Cardo", with Pat Morita as his trainer. Then Bloodsport 4 is made, and Daniel Bernhardt is back as "Alex Cardo"... except he's fucking not, he's now "John Keller", and Pat Morita doesn't exist, neither does Alex Cardo, and it's an entirely different story.

• Like 1

Should be Bloodsport 4, considering Daniel Bernhardt was in 2 and 3 as "Alex Cardo", with Pat Morita as his trainer. Then Bloodsport 4 is made, and Daniel Bernhardt is back as "Alex Cardo"... except he's fucking not, he's now "John Keller", and Pat Morita doesn't exist, neither does Alex Cardo, and it's an entirely different story.

dare I ask, how many bloodsport movies are there?

There are 4, with a reboot coming soon.

Believe it or not, there are actually 5 Kickboxer movies

Kickboxer 2 - JCVD and his brother are killed by Tong Po, but they have another brother who now wants to fight Tong Po, and is trained by the guy in Kickboxer. Peter Boyle (aka, Frank Barone) is in this too.

Kickboxer 3 - They're now in Brazil, and they go to investigate a sex trafficking ring, because apparently, that's a job for a kickboxer, and not the police.

Kickboxer 4 - The guy is now in prison after being framed for murder, but his wife has been kidnapped, by Tong Po. Who is now played by an entirely different guy, and for some reason, he's in Mexico, and is now a Drug Lord and is holding a secret Martial Arts Tournament that is in no way a Kumite on his compound. So they have the guy go undercover to fight in it... the former World Kickboxing Champion, who has already fought Tong Po after Tong Po killed his two brothers.

Kickboxer 5 - So, that guy's dead now, and Marc Dacascos is the lead, and now he's fighting in South Africa because there's a group of guys forcing people to fight in their secret, in no way is it a Kumite, competition and if they refuse, they're murdered.

This is how bad Kickboxer 4 is, look at how bad the make up is to make the guy look like Tong Po

tong-po-69981.jpg

Baring in mind, this is what the original Tong Po looked like

4733878-kickboxer++tong+po+++michel-qissi.jpg

Which is amazing, because he was actually this guy

527385.jpg

The guy who got his leg broke by Chong Li in Bloodsport.

• Like 3

4733878-kickboxer++tong+po+++michel-qissi.jpg

That picture alone has got me sold.

Mind you the way John Rhys-Davies says Kumite it almost sounds like a dirty word. I am going to go

myself.

Pat Morita aka Mr Miyagi him self.

As a kid, I'd only ever known him as Mr. Miyagi, and it confused me as a kid once when I saw him in something not Karate kid and not the old wise Japanese man stereotype. When I asked my mom about why he didn't have an accent she was like "Yeah, duh he's American."

• Like 3

This is how bad Kickboxer 4 is, look at how bad the make up is to make the guy look like Tong Po

tong-po-69981.jpg

Nice eyebrows, bro.

• Like 2

Nice eyebrows, bro.

It looks like he's had some wicked Botox.

I'm two episodes in and he's competing with Ray Stevenson as the best Punisher right now. The fight scenes have been fantastic and the overall tone of the show has remained solid.

so am I the last to know about bloodsport band?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsNZm4lVd4U

I thought this was just a GIF and was searching google and found the video,

Why did they leave out the super fan.

2w5rqck.jpg

If i have the time, I'll add a lighter to that picture later. maybe two lighters.

• Like 5

There are 4, with a reboot coming soon.

Believe it or not, there are actually 5 Kickboxer movies

Kickboxer 2 - JCVD and his brother are killed by Tong Po, but they have another brother who now wants to fight Tong Po, and is trained by the guy in Kickboxer. Peter Boyle (aka, Frank Barone) is in this too.

Kickboxer 3 - They're now in Brazil, and they go to investigate a sex trafficking ring, because apparently, that's a job for a kickboxer, and not the police.

Kickboxer 4 - The guy is now in prison after being framed for murder, but his wife has been kidnapped, by Tong Po. Who is now played by an entirely different guy, and for some reason, he's in Mexico, and is now a Drug Lord and is holding a secret Martial Arts Tournament that is in no way a Kumite on his compound. So they have the guy go undercover to fight in it... the former World Kickboxing Champion, who has already fought Tong Po after Tong Po killed his two brothers.

Kickboxer 5 - So, that guy's dead now, and Marc Dacascos is the lead, and now he's fighting in South Africa because there's a group of guys forcing people to fight in their secret, in no way is it a Kumite, competition and if they refuse, they're murdered.

You should also visit

The Bloodfist series

The American Ninja series and

The Undisputed series (which is crazier that started as a prison boxing movie)

... almost forgot The Best of the Best series.

I know that there aren't any sequels to them, but if we are talking awesomely bad kung-fu movies, you need to see City Dragon and Miami Connection, two of the most batshit insane fighting movies. City Dragon in particular is amazing because it tries to mix in bad hip hop, after school specials, and as many subplots as The Room.

I LOVE FRANK CASTLE

I LOVE KAREN PAGE

I LOVE FOGGY NELSON

I LOVE CLAIRE TEMPLE

• Like 3

I LOVE FRANK CASTLE

I LOVE KAREN PAGE

I LOVE FOGGY NELSON

I LOVE CLAIRE TEMPLE

I like the season as a whole (I'm on the second to last episode), but is it just me, or is Daredevil on his own chasing down ninjas the least interesting part?

• Like 3

I like the season as a whole (I'm on the second to last episode), but is it just me, or is Daredevil on his own chasing down ninjas the least interesting part?

Not just you! I was actually just talking about this with my coworkers plus how mad I was at Matt throughout the whole season for his shitty choices.

• Like 3

Not just you! I was actually just talking about this with my coworkers plus how mad I was at Matt throughout the whole season for his shitty choices.

They covered a lot more ground with the Punisher than I expected them too, as I think they'd already announced that they were considering a spin-off, so it was surprising to have him already meet up so soon with who I'm sure will be his main adversary eventually. Elektra really hasn't done a lot for me though. Again, I'm not too big on the ninja stuff.

• Like 2