🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
joel_rosenbaum

The Lost Boys (1987)

You think so? This movie may be very 80s and dated at worst, but aside from the Sax Man, I don't think that there is a whole lot to mock and this movie is pretty enjoyable.

Yeah, Sax Man and... what else? This movie might be dated, but it's still entertaining and effective.

What can HDTGM say about Sax Man that SNL/Jon Hamm haven't already parodied?

Try again.

• Like 2

Yeah, I agree with these guys. Lost Boys is a little bit before my time, and severely dated, but is otherwise a great film.

The only thing that can sort of be poked at is how after 30 years this movie along with Nightmare On Elm St. 2 became two of the most unintentionally homoerotic horror movies of all time. Though even then I still feel that's because of how dated both are, also that the gym teacher on Nightmare two actually goes to a S & M bar. Though I don't know how that also explains The Covenant on this list.

http://www.cracked.c...ror-movies.html

I dont think the main kid's clothes can even be explained simply by "it was the 80s". I mean, what was going on there?

Like, if this was another late 80s movie..like say, Hobgoblins. Vampire-hunter Corey would be Nick, and Just-moved-there Corey would be Daphne. Except even her outfits aren't as strange I feel.

I should also point out that this is the only Corey Feldman movie that I will watch. plus I was going to point out in my last post that it also has a great soundtrack that i had on cassette tape but now can't play. because all of my cassette tape decks are dead. I had a lot of cassette tape's too. I still like this movie and if it's on tv I am watching it. when I was a young man I used to drive around with that windows open in my car, and blasting out. The Lost Boys soundtrack on tape "

" was the song that got all the girls to stop and look.I am kidding or am I !

You think so? This movie may be very 80s and dated at worst, but aside from the Sax Man, I don't think that there is a whole lot to mock and this movie is pretty enjoyable.

Honestly, Demolition Man and Face/Off aren't bad movies, either, yet they're two of the best HDTGM episodes yet.

Sax man is obviously the most absurd aspect of this movie, but there's plenty of other silly fun aspects (The hair metal vampires, particularly Alex Winter, Santa Cruz being the murder capital of the world, the debut of the Coreys) that are ripe targets. I've been on the record of preferring episodes with kinda good (or bad in a good way) movies anyways, so this is my line of thinking.

• Like 1

I should also point out that this is the only Corey Feldman movie that I will watch.

Wait, so no Goonies?

Point taken, although I think the "enjoyable on its own, yet has enough material to make for a good podcast" is a delicate balance. I am hoping that Bloodsport works in this manner.

• Like 1

I don't see it making a great episode as it isn't really crazy, just rather dated. The story and development still holds up as pretty original, similar to Near Dark, in that it is a new play on vampire lore and the world that they live in. The only other real WTF moment in the movie is the end where the grandfather admits to his family that he has known about the vampire problem in the city and that others probably do as well, way to warn your family of the danger asshole.

I don't see it making a great episode as it isn't really crazy, just rather dated. The story and development still holds up as pretty original, similar to Near Dark, in that it is a new play on vampire lore and the world that they live in. The only other real WTF moment in the movie is the end where the grandfather admits to his family that he has known about the vampire problem in the city and that others probably do as well, way to warn your family of the danger asshole.

Speaking of the grandpa, was the Rob Lowe poster on the wall HIS, or did Corey put it up when he got there? That was a little odd. Anyway, Lowe had appeared in an earlier Joel Schumacher film, "St. Elmo's Fire", so that was a shoutout to him...I think?

Has anyone seen any of the sequels? They appear to be just bad bad, not fun bad.

Has anyone seen any of the sequels? They appear to be just bad bad, not fun bad.

They made sequels?

Is Corey Feldman the Chevy Chase in this scenario? Even Rodney Dangerfield wouldn't touch the Caddyshack sequel.

ETA: Looked it up, yes.

Wait, so no Goonies?

Nope don't like "Goonies". more likely to watch "Stand By Me" another fine Kiefer Sutherland movie. plus it's got Wil Wheaton in it and River Phoenix... I'll blind watch any movie with Kiefer Sutherland in it. "Mirrors" is a good one.

Sign in to follow this