🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 52 - The Last Blockbuster Video Store

Paul F. Tompkins welcomes people in the world and beings from outer space back to SPONTANEANATION! This week, Paul’s special guest is improviser and writer of the upcoming Ghostbusters Katie Dippold! They chat about what it would be like leading a cult, the fear of discovering that your significant other is secretly a serial killer, and wanting to be the most interesting person to your therapist. Paul is then joined by Mark McConville, Ted Michaels and Annie Savage to improvise a story set in The Last Blockbuster Video Store. And as always, Eban (only the best) Schletter scores it all on piano! SPONTANEANATION LIVE returns to Largo on Saturday, April 2nd! Paul’s special guest will be Grant-Lee Phillips! Get your tickets now: bit.ly/SPONT416

LBpFjE3.jpg

I don't want to alarm anyone, but there appears to be a tiny leprechaun spying in on the show. Might need to spray the studio.

I would never have guessed that a piano could stutter, but Eban proved me wrong.

Fun episode!

• Like 1

It's alright, it's alright, it's alllllllright, god works in mysterious ways yeeeeeah

• Like 2

I'm going to write HAUNTED on everything I don't want stolen. Thanks Paul for the tip!

• Like 1

I'm going to write HAUNTED on everything I don't want stolen. Thanks Paul for the tip!

This reminds me: what do I write on something I want to have stolen. Specifically, my copy of Chuck Palahniuk's book "Haunted."

Also, people on this show seem really interested in setting improv scenes at dying businesses.

• Like 2

when I am on this show, I am going to place it at the first McDonald's restaurant, opening day. Gonna be awesome!

• Like 1

Even though I saw the "wrong patient" thing coming from a mile away, Paul's flabbergasted reaction was nothing short of marvellous!

• Like 1

It's alright, it's alright, it's alllllllright, god works in mysterious ways yeeeeeah

You singin' U2 to me?

The stuttering piano was one of my favorite Eban bits ever.

• Like 6

Dammit, on the one-year anniversary of the podcast there wasn't a single "fuck you" to those miserly crones Mildred and Patty Hill!

• Like 3

You singin' U2 to me?

The stuttering piano was one of my favorite Eban bits ever.

I enjoyed his incorporation of the note sequence from Close Encounters of the Third Kind while PFT was talking about aliens.

• Like 4

Katie is one of my faves from I4H, and loved hearing her interviewed.

Also very glad she participated in the improv, unlike ol' Matty B

Sign in to follow this